Project GG 20 Idea

Currently doing the Shadowmourne quest line on AP alliance. I will learn the toys and mount, but I will sell the locket and tabard. I might put that gold into this. I will also farm SFK a bit.

I am down for this! Anything to promote Vets!

I do think we should all be in a certain server almost to have all the gear collected up and what not. If that makes any sense. For example all the people that promote GG 19 are on Bleeding Hollow, and that is where they want their new members. Plus we will want a server that has a AH that can support funding multiple people, in which Bleeding Hollow would be the best realm for it.

I do think we should all be in a certain server almost to have all the gear collected up and what not. If that makes any sense. For example all the people that promote GG 19 are on Bleeding Hollow, and that is where they want their new members. Plus we will want a server that has a AH that can support funding multiple people, in which Bleeding Hollow would be the best realm for it.

I agree, but AP has been a f2p and 20 home for a while now. And I would hate to go into bleeding hollow and influence 19s to level up one. I think a seperate server would be best to distinguish the two.

Last edited:
I agree, but AP has been a f2p and 20 home for a while now. And I would hate to go into bleeding hollow and influence 19s to level up one. I think a seperate server would be best to distinguish the two.

We aren't F2Ps though. Plus a lot of Vets seem to be coming over to Bleeding Hollow now, so it's a good place for this kind of thing.

If 19s did level up some 20s that would be a win for the bracket. You would get awesome competition and more activity. Granted, you'll get some of their problems. Let's be honest though, the 19s won't stick around this bracket forever with the NWL coming up.

Also we can pick and choose the people we wants to find with this. Set up certain classes we are going to fund and what not.

I see your point, however most of the people that would need such a service are long time f2ps. AP is home to the largest community of f2ps. Some of these players have been working on their toons since cata and would be reluctant to reroll. Many have GF'd tabards, gear, AGMs, vanity, etc. I think it is important to pick a realm that will also cater to those that will use the service.

I see your point, however most of the people that would need such a service are long time f2ps. AP is home to the largest community of f2ps. Some of these players have been working on their toons since cata and would be reluctant to reroll. Many have GF'd tabards, gear, AGMs, vanity, etc. I think it is important to pick a realm that will also cater to those that will use the service.

That's a good point! I guess what I'm getting at is two of the major Vet guilds are on BH, meaning my guild <NWA> and <Needs Mastery> transferring over and joining up with <Fat Chickz Cant LOS>. I know our guild would be down to help people reroll character and what not over here.

Don't get me wrong! You can't go wrong with doing this on AP either! I agree that would be a great server to host it as well. But if we needed to we could do it on both BH and AP. I can't leave BH with my guild and I won't because I like this server to much, same can be said with a lot of people on AP though! We would just have to all get together and decide what we are trying to fund and push for in the bracket!

I just mentioned personally sponsoring some people yesterday in the 20-29 section. As I did not want cause any friction between starters and veterans.
I can and will donate enchants for level 20's. This comes with a couple caveats. These toons must be healers and they must be new or rerolls.
These enchants are only available for Heirloom items. You can create a level one on my server, create your heirloom, I enchant it then you mail it to your Twink.
I also have a level 25 guild available that is my personal bank that I am will to let people use for getting their guild heirlooms. This guild has access to all heirloom gear. For approximately 2200 gold, before reputation discount, you can get legs, helm, cape and neck. And I will enchant them for you(except the helm).
You are welcome to stay in the guild if you like, but you will not have access to any tabs. All guild members will have guild invite priveldges.
More details will be given out as this project progresses.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

I just mentioned personally sponsoring some people yesterday in the 20-29 section. As I did not want cause any friction between starters and veterans.
I can and will donate enchants for level 20's. This comes with a couple caveats. These toons must be healers and they must be new or rerolls.
These enchants are only available for Heirloom items. You can create a level one on my server, create your heirloom, I enchant it then you mail it to your Twink.
I also have a level 25 guild available that is my personal bank that I am will to let people use for getting their guild heirlooms. This guild has access to all heirloom gear. For approximately 2200 gold, before reputation discount, you can get legs, helm, cape and neck. And I will enchant them for you(except the helm).
You are welcome to stay in the guild if you like, but you will not have access to any tabs. All guild members will have guild invite priveldges.
More details will be given out as this project progresses.

/cheers
Sweetsidney

That would be awesome man! I was thinking that as well. For whichever server(s) we do this one we need to make a guild on both Horde and Alliance. These guilds only purpose would be for a guild bank, and possibly the heirlooms. From there when a twink has everything they are needing they leave it and venture out on their own by either making a guild, joining an already existing guild, run solo, or even transfer if that's what they would like to do.

And for those people that are willing to help fund from other servers that the server(s) that everyone has choose, helping get enchants on BoAs is a good idea.

I look forward to this idea hopefully becoming a reality!

This server (Cenarius) crosses over with Lightbringer, Garrosh, Hyjal and Proudmore outside of major cities.
Mind you, I am not asking people to come here. That is why I suggested me merely enchanting heirlooms. Which, in most cases, are B.I.S. for healers.
There are a quite a few twinks here though. I see them in Goldshire. And I see them in BGs. Cenarius is one of the original Vanilla servers.

Sweetsidney

This server (Cenarius) crosses over with Lightbringer, Garrosh, Hyjal and Proudmore outside of major cities.
Mind you, I am not asking people to come here. That is why I suggested me merely enchanting heirlooms. Which, in most cases, are B.I.S. for healers.
There are a quite a few twinks here though. I see them in Goldshire. And I see them in BGs. Cenarius is one of the original Vanilla servers.

Sweetsidney

How is the AH there for buying the BoEs and enchants for them as well? How the AH is should be one of our biggest concerns when deciding the server(s) we want to do this on. I know on BH you can constantly buy any kind of twink item you need along with the enchant. I believe AP is the same way, but I'm not sure. I would say being linked with those servers the AH on Cenarious would be good as well.

That's a good point! I guess what I'm getting at is two of the major Vet guilds are on BH, meaning my guild <NWA> and <Needs Mastery> transferring over and joining up with <Fat Chickz Cant LOS>. I know our guild would be down to help people reroll character and what not over here.

Don't get me wrong! You can't go wrong with doing this on AP either! I agree that would be a great server to host it as well. But if we needed to we could do it on both BH and AP. I can't leave BH with my guild and I won't because I like this server to much, same can be said with a lot of people on AP though! We would just have to all get together and decide what we are trying to fund and push for in the bracket!

I think you have some good ideas, and having established vet guilds does help a lot when it comes to funding. That being said, its also a lot easier to gear someone when they've already taken the time to farm MTBs or RoPs. Most of these twinks pretty much only need enchants. Obviously classes like rogues will be expensive to fund regardless of what server this is done on, but for the most part it might be easier on AP. I think you have some great ideas and a valid point on doing this on BH though.

The other reason I hope this happens on AP, however, is because it might help in reviving the F2P scene. If vets from GG20 also keep f2p sets, there might be opportunities for war-games with the F2Ps that decide not to go vet. It gives a much bigger player base and acts as a medium for more fair and competitive games. This might help in lessening the rift between f2ps and vets.

I think you have some good ideas, and having established vet guilds does help a lot when it comes to funding. That being said, its also a lot easier to gear someone when they've already taken the time to farm MTBs or RoPs. Most of these twinks pretty much only need enchants. Obviously classes like rogues will be expensive to fund regardless of what server this is done on, but for the most part it might be easier on AP. I think you have some great ideas and a valid point on doing this on BH though.

The other reason I hope this happens on AP, however, is because it might help in reviving the F2P scene. If vets from GG20 also keep f2p sets, there might be opportunities for war-games with the F2Ps that decide not to go vet. It gives a much bigger player base and acts as a medium for more fair and competitive games. This might help in lessening the rift between f2ps and vets.

This is for sure something the community would have to come together, talk about, and agree on. There are very valid points for every server that's been mentioned! I don't think you could go wrong with any of these and as I mentioned before if we had to split this among more then one server we could make it work! I'm sure if this actually happened a lot of people would be excited to help.

How is the AH there for buying the BoEs and enchants for them as well? How the AH is should be one of our biggest concerns when deciding the server(s) we want to do this on. I know on BH you can constantly buy any kind of twink item you need along with the enchant. I believe AP is the same way, but I'm not sure. I would say being linked with those servers the AH on Cenarious would be good as well.

The AH is not linked with those servers Cenarius is just cross realmed with them.
On the subject of twink gear in the AH. Some items do come up. People are not specifically farming for them. I but items all them. I just bought a Kellers girdle yesterday for 14g. I usally get them for around 150g. Magefists for around 300-500, mindthrust bracers around 800-1200, magicians mantle 100-200. You get the idea. Some of the harder to find items are high. But run of the mill drops are pretty reasonable.
It really is difficult to compare server to server prices. BH is a high pop server that has many people farming for those specific items and has quite a few people with those specific needs at this very moment in time. Where as Cenarius and even AP are are both med pop servers. And those particular items, level 15-20, are not bought off the AH at a premium.
In addition, with high server pops you also tend to have more gold flow. Thus prices tend to be higher than on a lower pop server.
I will check on my mobile app after my morning meeting to see what is up.

Sweetsidney

The AH is not linked with those servers Cenarius is just cross realmed with them.
On the subject of twink gear in the AH. Some items do come up. People are not specifically farming for them. I but items all them. I just bought a Kellers girdle yesterday for 14g. I usally get them for around 150g. Magefists for around 300-500, mindthrust bracers around 800-1200, magicians mantle 100-200. You get the idea. Some of the harder to find items are high. But run of the mill drops are pretty reasonable.
It really is difficult to compare server to server prices. BH is a high pop server that has many people farming for those specific items and has quite a few people with those specific needs at this very moment in time. Where as Cenarius and even AP are are both med pop servers. And those particular items, level 15-20, are not bought off the AH at a premium.
In addition, with high server pops you also tend to have more gold flow. Thus prices tend to be higher than on a lower pop server.
I will check on my mobile app after my morning meeting to see what is up.

Sweetsidney

That's fair to say! It is very difficult to compare AHs of different servers. I do think you would want a AH though where the items are constantly up, due to the fact that hopefully this idea of GG 20 will bring a lot of interest and people constantly making new 20s that are in need of being funded.

Maybe I'll help, you gotta ask me ingame goohd. Not now though not a good time :D

I'm going to be away until mid-August, but I'd be more than happy to perform the "BoA-enchanting" services that Sweetsidney mentioned. I'd be doing that from Stormrage Ally, however I've also got resources on Shattered Hand Horde. I'm also down to help however I can from a Bleeding Hollow/NWA standpoint.

Currently doing the Shadowmourne quest line on AP alliance. I will learn the toys and mount, but I will sell the locket and tabard. I might put that gold into this. I will also farm SFK a bit.

At the risk of going off topic, you should keep that tabard. It is one of the most unique on use items in the game. You really never know when the tabard closet will come into effect. I am hoping for that some day. Clear up some bag space.
Have the whispers started driving you insane?
I...was...pure...once...
They...called...me...Ashbringer...
Fought...for...righteousness...

The argument of people wanting to be funded in AP is simply ego. The only people worth being funded in AP would be what was mentioned above with the rare gfed tabs and what not. That doesnt really make up a big population. I will be willing to fund along with Burg but I suggest we bring this all down to Bleeding Hollow and not have all this diversity across realms. With one server being the central station for twinking, we will have a better atmosphere.

For example im not calling anyone out but.... you guys dont really have much specialty in your toons. Something that could easily be funded with a reroll. If there was a huge percentage of AP who did have all these acquired items, i'd be down to help in AP but not in this case. I myself had a lot of ego with my previous server (Drenden) but then i realized it was all patriotism BS and all I cared was for my character, were ever he goes, my ego comes with me.

I support this, and as big as AP is with having a lot of vets in the guild <crit or gtfo> I don't know if funding can come through from us.

I still would really like this to happen

Users who are viewing this thread