Profession progression

I think the question is more: Which one prof do you want to end up with? The answer, I'm guessing, is one of the prof's that will provide you with consumables. You can't have two crafting prof's as you need to have the applicable gathering prof since you can't buy mats on the AH (unless you want to be ridiculously hard-core and just keep re-leveling the gathering AND the crafting profs each time you run out of mats).

So

USELESS:

Tailoring

PROFS, PROVIDE PRIMARILY GEAR:

Enchanting: Enchants, Consumable weapon enchant (wizard oil)

Jewlcrafting: Rare Rings (one caster, one random enchant), Consumable HoT (stone statue)

Leatherworking: Armor kits

PROFS, PROVIDE PRIMARILY CONSUMABLES:

Engineering: 1 sec bomb stun (keep in mind, your prof max is 100 so most goggles are out)

Inscription: Consumable Stat Scrolls and one Rare caster off-hand

Alchemy: Consumable Potions

Blacksmithing: Consumable weight/sharpening-stones

So, decide which one you want to end up with. Personally, I'd guess Alchemy is most everyone's best bet as its the most versatile.

Prof order (unless you really crave that 1-sec stun):

1.Leatherworking & Skinning: make a pile of armor kits for legs, feed, hands, & chest (if preferred)

2.Enchanting & Herbalism: make a pile of enchants for weapon, chest (if preferred), cloak, bracer, & wiz oil (if caster)

3.Alchemy & Herbalism

Notes: Keep all your leatherworking greens for DE'ing.

heath said:
I think the question is more: Which one prof do you want to end up with? The answer, I'm guessing, is one of the prof's that will provide you with consumables. You can't have two crafting prof's as you need to have the applicable gathering prof since you can't buy mats on the AH.

So

USELESS PROF'S:

Engineering: Pretty Useless, only one pair of goggles that we can use and you have to keep engineering to use it.

Tailoring: Useless

PROFS THAT GIVE YOU GEAR:

Enchanting: Enchants

Jewlcrafting: Rare Rings (one caster, one random enchant), Consumable HoT (stone statue)

Leatherworking: Armor kits

PROFS THAT GIVE YOU CONSUMABLES:

Inscription: Consumable Stat Scrolls and one Rare caster off-hand

Alchemy: Consumable Potions

Blacksmithing: Consumable weight/sharpening-stones

So, decide which one you want to end up with. Personally, I'd guess Alchemy is most everyone's best bet as its the most versatile.

Do leatherworking, make a pile of armor kits. Do enchanting, make a pile of enchants. Get Alchemy and stay with it.

Engineering is far from useless. Bombs stuns are extra interrupts.

iaccidentallytwink said:
I leveled Enchanting first. Going to enchant a ton of vellums before dropping it, pick up LW and Skinning, drop them, pick up Engineering and mining for my Crude Scope (this is hunters only), drop it, Engineering, and then pick up herbalism.

Enchanting -> Leatherworking + Skinning -> Engineering + Mining -> Mining + Herbalism

Why do you want two gathering prof's??? you can only vendor the mats.

heath said:
Why do you want two gathering prof's??? you can only vendor the mats.

lol .

iaccidentallytwink said:

i was wondering that too, id rather have engi bombs or health pots over a small +stat but to each their own

and does anyone know if you can use Engi bombs even after youve dropped engi?

iaccidentallytwink said:

You're laughing, but I'm still deeply curious. What exactly are you going to do with all the mats from two gathering profs? You can't make anything with them. You can't sell them on the AH. The only thing you can do is sell them to a vendor and max out at 10g.

woo

You can't even say you'll spend it on gold sinks because you can't buy anything worth more than 10g. About the biggest thing we can buy is mounts, but by the time you reach exalted with each new faction, you'd be throwing gold away....LITERALLY.

heath said:
You're laughing, but I'm still deeply curious. What exactly are you going to do with all the mats from two gathering profs? You can't make anything with them. You can't sell them on the AH. The only thing you can do is sell them to a vendor and max out at 10g.

woo

You can't even say you'll spend it on gold sinks because you can't buy anything worth more than 10g. About the biggest thing we can buy is mounts, but by the time you reach exalted with each new faction, you'd be throwing gold away....LITERALLY.

While I don't plan on keeping Herbalism anymore, I plan on keeping Mining for the +3 Stamina boost.

^^ gathering professions also provide other bonuses, e.g. +3 stam from mining, heal/haste burst for herbalism.

i personally think that the pluses and minuses of different professions in this bracket are pretty interesting. every profession other than tailoring offers unique bonuses and is a viable choice for a 20 twink. there is by no means one single correct profession choice(s) for all 20 twinks.

i'd like to see a profession thread with RELIABLE and ACCURATE information stickied at the top of this forum, if somebody would be willing to make one.

C O T U S said:
^^ gathering professions also provide other bonuses, e.g. +3 stam from mining, heal/haste burst for herbalism.

i personally think that the pluses and minuses of different professions in this bracket are pretty interesting. every profession other than tailoring offers unique bonuses and is a viable choice for a 20 twink. there is by no means one single correct profession choice(s) for all 20 twinks.

i'd like to see a profession thread with RELIABLE and ACCURATE information stickied at the top of this forum, if somebody would be willing to make one.

Ill make one in the next day or 2 when i have free time, unless someone beats me to it

Users who are viewing this thread