US Principles of War scaling not working properly

thats stilll wayy below what benefit an artifact can bring. wayy below

I'm not selling anything, try it for yourself. Grad a green wand and off hand, and go into a bg

The stats are additive - so you're getting 6% haste, crit, mastery, int, and it only goes up with higher lvl wands

I lose -5% shadow and fire dmg
-30% doom dmg
-30% soul link healing
-lose my hardest hitting spell

I guess I could shoot myself in the foot just for sh*ts and giggles. I like how you think outside of the box - but its a dumb idea. Once you start pulling my kind of numbers in a bg ill consider it.

-30% doom dmg
-30% soul link healing

I guess I could shoot myself in the foot just for sh*ts and giggles. I like how you think outside of the box - but its a dumb idea. Once you start pulling my kind of numbers in a bg ill consider it.

Well, you have your own take on things. I was just here for a question. Have fun :)

-30% doom dmg
-30% soul link healing

I didn't see the nice little edit until now. I'll accept that challenge

Ok so after all this wand talk, I went and tested it on my disc priest. Please note that results will vary vastly depending on your spec's artifact traits.

99 disc with 14 trait artifact weap (742 ilvl) verse 6/6 wand with 731 ilvl.

ALL NUMBERS ARE INSIDE BG WITH PVP TEMPLATES ACTIVE

1st value = artifact, 2nd = wand.

HP 262 k / 250 k
mana 155k / 155k
int 3239 / 3400
stam 4368 / 3998
armor 531 / 559

crit 10 / 10
haste 6 / 6
mastery 16 / 16
vers 6 / 7

TOOLTIPS;

penance(dmg) 25 804 / 22056 (artifact has +12% damage trait)
shadowmend 28420 / 27205 (artifact has +10% healing trait but it still scales very well with wand int / vers)
smite 7844 / 6529 (artifact has +15% dmg trait)
SW pain 15607 / 13028 (artifact has +15% dmg trait)
PW shield 18946 / 19950 (artifact has +15% absorb trait but obviously it scales better with wand int / vers)
PW solace 10 459 / 8706
clarity of will 31004 / 32646

Conclusion; Raw Intellect goes up by 161, less than a greater int flask. PW shield and clarity absorb goes up slightly, everything else goes down slightly or stays the same. This means that you can use a wand to try out other specs without completely gimping yourself :)

I'm pretty sure I could shadow / holy in bgs with a wand and perform on twinkish levels.

Going to do this same test on a 99 frost mage soon!

Last edited:
Glad you tested it out. Remember you also lose the ability to cast Light's Wrath.

I can only see this working if you want to try an offspec instead of the 740 weapon you get from your class hall.

That would make sense for the 99. 755 ilvl, 600 base giving 15.5 percent rounds up to 16 percent. But I have a 89 druid at 671 ilvl, the BOA's are 443 that should put me at 23% in BG's but it's sitting at 16% as well.
the different armor types by class get different scaling on the bonus, Cloth getting the most, then leather, mail plate being quite lower than the cloth bonus in BGs, that being said, as an example, in the 20-29 bracket, my priest gets around 8% but my rogue gets 1% even though my rogue has a significantly higher IL overall, go figure lol. I see zero percent on my funtard in the 79 bracket who has lame gear BUT since it's a FoTM and opaf to start with, it doesnt need any bonus, I keymash to the top of the charts, SO I believe that the specs do make a difference and the armor types also come into play in the calculations which is why we see such a difference between different people. Hope that helps, and FYI, the bonus is NOT just effecting over IL 800 since my level 19 mage also has a BG PoW bonus :) hope that helps Somfas

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread