Post-patch weapon enchants?

Ele force will go from brokenly OP to just "good". Theres nothing else with a proc rate that comes close to the 10 RPPM, so I imagine it will still be the primary enchant for many classes/specs.

Some healers and casters may consider switching to +9 spellpower. Coastal surge, while also nerfed a bit, is still an additional HoT, which can be useful depending on the class/spec.

We might see landslide or dancing steel make an appearance for rogues/monk/enhance, however I don't know yet how well it will compare to ele force.

Hunters are going to be the most interesting as flintlockes, gnomish xray, incendiary, and frost ammo have all been nerfed. We may see some old buff scopes (lord blastingtons), the +damage scopes (khorium?), BfA enchants (gale force or one of the navigations) - though I also think incendiary may remain as (one of) the best.

the +damage scopes (khorium?)

Last I tested it, even tho khorium and diamond scopes both say +4 damage the khorium did less.

Plus diamond is stupid cheap and a byproduct of leveling WotLK engi if you go that way, which is nice.

I dont recall how much difference, just a heads up.

Landslide and Dancing Steel.. and I was not very impressed the proc rate is really low

I use landslide quite a bit at higher levels, and it procs very often for me there. Experience may vary, I guess.

Last I tested it, even tho khorium and diamond scopes both say +4 damage the khorium did less.

Plus diamond is stupid cheap and a byproduct of leveling WotLK engi if you go that way, which is nice.

I dont recall how much difference, just a heads up.

I use landslide quite a bit at higher levels, and it procs very often for me there. Experience may vary, I guess.

Good call on diamond. I'll hopefully be testing various things out to update the quick start guide in the week or two after the patch.

And for landslide, its PPM - so slower weapons proc it more. Its an option in higher brackets that have access to slower weapons. But without the slow weapons at 19, we can't game PPM to get a better proc rate.

And for landslide, its PPM - so slower weapons proc it more.

Makes sense!

edit- just to be clear tho, necro - I use it on BoA… for DH and whatnot. Still up all the time.
[doublepost=1552323708,1552321286][/doublepost]How do you guys even test this? I cant get anything PvE to live more than 2-3 attacks at 19, the offhand barely gets an attack. 10 minutes running around and I only got 1 double stack and that was because I had 2 mobs at once. :confused:

Definitely more uptime higher up tho, probably more attacks in general from mastery/talents/aoe and whatever...

Duels and the raider Training dummy scales down to where you can hit it. I don't know how accurate the numbers you hit on it would be in a pvp setting but you can still use it to test proc rates/uptime and shit

Ok, thanks kaxle. I was having like a 30-40% uptime just running around, not great at all. In that scenario ele force was much more effective. Landslide gave me 31 AP at level 19, I assume that's no new information.

(just running a few heroics on my 109 Dh and I got 70% uptime there, for comparison :( - uptime is per Details)

edit- got my 19 up to the dummy on the PTR:
69R0SdN.png

Didn't like it, the first 30 secs it was up the whole time and then probably the next 30 it wasn't. Only got one double stack.

Last edited:
Yeah - basically each PPM enchant has a base rate and then takes weapon speed into account to give a % chance to proc, with slower weapons proccing more than faster weapons. This means auto attacking would lead to the same number of procs regardless of speed, but every ability you use also has that chance to proc. So having a slow weapon and doing a lot of events means more procs.

With a 109 DH, you'll get a lot more events due to having more abilities and basically always pressing buttons. Not quite the case at 19.

The other thing is that you would only want landslide on your mainhand weapon - as that is what is used for (most of) your abilities. You would want a RPPM enchant offhand, as that will proc the same regardless of the number of events. So landslide mainhand and ele force/dancing steel offhand might be viable. It also depends on how reliable an "opener" proc is for rogues - if they get a proc almost 100% of the time when opening, thats the more important time to have a buff. RPPM would probably be better for that though.

Ele force will go from brokenly OP to just "good". Theres nothing else with a proc rate that comes close to the 10 RPPM, so I imagine it will still be the primary enchant for many classes/specs.

Some healers and casters may consider switching to +9 spellpower. Coastal surge, while also nerfed a bit, is still an additional HoT, which can be useful depending on the class/spec.

We might see landslide or dancing steel make an appearance for rogues/monk/enhance, however I don't know yet how well it will compare to ele force.

Hunters are going to be the most interesting as flintlockes, gnomish xray, incendiary, and frost ammo have all been nerfed. We may see some old buff scopes (lord blastingtons), the +damage scopes (khorium?), BfA enchants (gale force or one of the navigations) - though I also think incendiary may remain as (one of) the best.

I'm guessing the BfA enchants are best now because they can be enchanted on the Epic ranged weapons people will be getting now.

I'm guessing the BfA enchants are best now because they can be enchanted on the Epic ranged weapons people will be getting now.

Agreed - though I don't know of any farmable ranged weapon that can upgrade. So it depends on your luck.

How nerfed is dancing steel right now? One of the best things about it was the proc chance. It would double proc off an ambush 95% of the time in MOP.

Edit: Which was amazing for rogues considering the ambush/kill/reset quick gameplay.

How nerfed is dancing steel right now? One of the best things about it was the proc chance. It would double proc off an ambush 95% of the time in MOP.

Edit: Which was amazing for rogues considering the ambush/kill/reset quick gameplay.

It gives 15 agility, but at relatively low 2.3 RPPM. I think theres been some changes since MoP that fixed the absurdly high proc chance at the start of combat. I haven't tried it recently though.

Users who are viewing this thread