Poll: Is Punishment or Reward More Effective?

Which is most effective for helping people learn?

• Negative Feedback.

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Positive Feedback.

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters
No that is just feedback. Feedback is the evaluation of a persons actions. If the actions were wrong, the feedback will be 'what you did was wrong/bad'. There are however many different ways to do this in respectful manner.

If that's how you see it then explain what Negative and Positive feedback is?

If that's how you see it then explain what Negative and Positive feedback is?
They are words that you have put together

So with your logic, being negative and being positive is the same as "being".
What... Feedback is not negative or positive, it's just feedback.

But we're clearly not on the same page, so can you give me an example of what you would say negative feedback?

What... Feedback is not negative or positive, it's just feedback.

But we're clearly not on the same page, so can you give me an example of what you would say negative feedback?

Negative feedback is feedback that is negative.

when a person have no choice to quit something - negative goes longer way.
when a person have a choice to quit something - positive feedback with pointing out on what he can improve.

Like the feedback is presented in a negative way, or that you are telling them that they did something wrong?

You can present something negative in a negative way.
So if someone did something wrong, you'll be telling them something negative, whether you wanna do it in a positive or negative way is up to you.

You can present something negative in a negative way.
So if someone did something wrong, you'll be telling them something negative, whether you wanna do it in a positive or negative way is up to you.
I dont agree. When both parties agree to a "feedback session", nothing feedback related can be negative. Of course it can seem negative when I tell you that you did something wrong, but in the spirit of feedback, you must see it as a positive experience, since you're given the opportunity to improve.

Idk this might have become a bit to meta....

I dont agree. When both parties agree to a "feedback session", nothing feedback related can be negative. Of course it can seem negative when I tell you that you did something wrong, but in the spirit of feedback, you must see it as a positive experience, since you're given the opportunity to improve.

Idk this might have become a bit to meta....

So you're saying the feedback is positive as long as it's said in a positive way?

So you're saying the feedback is positive as long as it's said in a positive way?
No. I'm saying feedback is feedback. It's not positive or negative, you can present it in a negative way by being a dick, but in general feedback is not a loaded word.

No. I'm saying feedback is feedback. It's not positive or negative, you can present it in a negative way by being a dick, but in general feedback is not a loaded word.

So people who say "negative feedback" are not making sense to you?

yall have managed to take an insanely simple concept a six year old could grasp and somehow gotten collectively confused over it lol

I mean really? arguing over the definition of negative feedback? sure, your opinion of what negative feedback entails may differ but we all know what the term is used to fuckin express..

Last edited:
yall have managed to take an insanely simple concept a six year old could grasp and somehow gotten collectively confused over it lol

I mean really? arguing over the definition of negative feedback? sure, your opinion of what negative feedback entails may differ but we all know what the term is used to duckin express..

I'm not confused. I'm confused as to how Snack has failed to understand the words meaning. Hence why all I'm doing is ask him questions so he can see that his understanding is fail.

I'm not confused. I'm confused as to how Snack has failed to understand the words meaning. Hence why all I'm doing is ask him questions so he can see that his understanding is fail.
You should learn, that just because people don't share your views, doesn't mean that they're wrong

Users who are viewing this thread