General Party Sync Battlegrounds Consumables and Usables Compendium

Last edited:
in theory: all the weapon oils and blacksmith stones should work if applied outside of the bg. pretty sure they carry over through since the effect is on the item, and not on your character.

also, https://www.wowhead.com/item=40211/potion-of-speed gives 83 haste in bgs.

I tried a while ago, I believe, and they were disabled. They count as enchantings, I suppose.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=22838/haste-potion gives 122 haste at lvl29, but somewhat harder to learn and craft.

ss of my bags b4 gt ran out

43tPyFmi_o.jpg
z9oCJ6Jc_o.jpg
jXDFsQBx_o.jpg
SzWEOErY_o.jpg

Somfas said that you can use it, if you can double check it and report back to me if it doesn't work I'll remove it from the list.
You CAN'T. The only thing I can think of is that you eat it in Nazjatar and then enter bg. I'll test later.

You CAN'T. The only thing I can think of is that you eat it in Nazjatar and then enter bg. I'll test later.
Parts of this guide may be outdated, as it was written in BFA (I might revamp it for SL at some point,) but I know for sure it at least worked at the time of writing the OP. I saw multiple party syncers throughout BFA using it.
[doublepost=1613751609,1613750837][/doublepost]Update: went through and added some of the new shit I know from playing psync in SL xD. I'm sure SL potions of "" also work but I haven't tested any so I decided not to add them (yet.)

Yeah, the guide is good. And probably the only guide on this subject in the world as I didn't find any alternatives.

So I read this and did a little of my own checking.
I think perhaps an explanation more detailed than "stats don't matter" is warranted.

It looked to me like all gear higher than 34 gets set to 34.
Taking off a normal clothing slot did not change stats appropriately for what was on the item, so it appears it's wholly templated.
I didn't test if weapons or trinks are an exception to this, nor if using ilvl<34 gear makes any difference.
Just what the template is seems to be mastery heavy for my priest at least.
Gems and such don't seem to have any effect.
Didn't test enchants, suspect they don't either, but would be curious to check stat vs proc, weapon vs non to be sure.
As one would expect, no hoa n artifact gear fx; don't have the epic bfa cloak upgraded enough to check it's one pvp-allowed effect.
Val'anyr's bubble effect is a no. Didn't look at too many weapons, but so far no reason to believe anything but templated.
None of this contradicts what was said earlier, but made what was going on a little clearer to me.

Spells that are usable by 29s are usable but not spells higher than.
Choosing a pvp talent that's not normally accessible does not seem to work.
The 2nd, lvl30 pvp talent also doesn't seem to take effect.

alchemy-like item https://www.wowhead.com/item=118922/oralius-whispering-crystal doesn't work.

Personal verdict: meh. Viable but not better than a normal twink. Makes having fun with higher lev buddies possible with no work on their part. Some of the spells gained can be pretty handy; it's nice to mind-sear out a rogue and have speedbubbles as a priest anyway.

I heard though that covenant abilities continue to work. If so, that's big, many are game changers and are likely even more important at level 29. Don't know about conduits, if they work as well, that's big, too. And if SL legendaries work, well...

I heard though that covenant abilities continue to work. If so, that's big, many are game changers and are likely even more important at level 29. Don't know about conduits, if they work as well, that's big, too. And if SL legendaries work, well...

I believe Covenant skills require lvl48 now, which is the level you'd unlock them if you level a second char in Shadowlands. I can't see SL Legendaries working as the base of Party Sync is that no item effects are active (minues Heirlooms and rare oddities).

I believe Covenant skills require lvl48 now, which is the level you'd unlock them if you level a second char in Shadowlands. I can't see SL Legendaries working as the base of Party Sync is that no item effects are active (minues Heirlooms and rare oddities).
Covenant abilities still work in epics and I am inclined to believe they work in 40-49 in general. Maybe even 30-39? Untested.

Say, I have a level 60 and a level 20 in a party. Does it matter which character queues for bgs? As in, I get that if the level 20 queues, both characters will get into a level 20 bg with the level 60 scaled down via party sync, but can the level 60 queue to the same effect, aiming for a level 20 bg because there is a level 20 in the party? Asking because the characters are in different regions (EU), so queue times are going to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread