Pandaria: Resilence Change

no more sunwell :3

I initially liked the change, now i'm not too sure. I don't know too much about it, and it's all subject to change so i can't really comment on it right now, but from what i do understand pve gear, even with gem slots, may not be able to compete with the new 'increased damage and healing towards people'. I am looking forward to the damage and healing rescaling - until we find out how much each pvp piece increases our damage (or healing) towards a player in pvp it's hard to tell if they will be better than, for example, SWP cloak with 1 gem slot, or if the extra % damage towards players will be drastically better. I also like the thought of pvp items potentially being BiS as alliance are full of scrub nubs with ungemmed/chanted gear ready to be farmed in random Bgs.. it'll help with gearing their chars.

From my own experience, I already made a 'Pre-MoP pvp set' for my feral druid to see what effects massing more pvp items, but keeping my 4/4 t6 set bonus and of course items such as SWP cloak for extra gem slot + SWP feral staff for overall damage etc, will fare - and it turns out even with these new pvp items i lose around 400-600 AP, and about 10-15 resilience.. don't get me started on dodge, crit etc. I really hope the new 'pvp power' isn't just some crappy stat, i know it's probably been done so people don't have as much spellpower/Agility so damage and burst is therefore decreased but... meh, it better be good! :)

We can but hope

Didnt mean/talk about pvp defense,
All items that have resi now clearly will have pvp defense

But power is new
and maybe it wont even be put on brutal.

Myabe it'll work like mastery, dont have it before 85 or somethign like that.

Didnt mean/talk about pvp defense,
All items that have resi now clearly will have pvp defense

But power is new
and maybe it wont even be put on brutal.

Myabe it'll work like mastery, dont have it before 85 or somethign like that.

Why would they not add power till 85 ? It would be like not changing resi till lvl 85, a game breaking.

I disagree, blizzard might be lazy but they do pay attention to little things as this might appear in my oppinion.

Indeed, they bothered to add in Death Knight brutal set, and some other shiz over the years - if this new change is as big as reshaping the whole of pvp as we potentially know it, it won't be left to latter levels.. i think.

Resilience gems will most likely be converted to Defense gems. Since they're ditching spell pen, chances are that those will turn into Power gems, making some of the pve pieces still superior. I'm just guessing but it shouldn't be far from what they have in mind, after seeing my arp gems going crit.

Resilience gems will most likely be converted to Defense gems making some of the pve pieces still superior. I'm just guessing but it shouldn't be far from what they have in mind, after seeing my arp gems going crit.

That would make sense, and make me very happy. Love to see this implimented so i can still have some of my beloved pve items with significantly better overall stats :):):)

quote from blue post:

•For the higher-end of PvP or PvE (say Gladiators or heroic raiders), we believe those players will still gravitate towards the dedicated PvP or PvE gear. It is the players who are working towards those two end games that will benefit more from some cross over.

Nothing saying this won't be the same for 70 pvp. As i understand, it will still be acceptable to use some TOP pve items instead of pvp items to fit with your own play style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they're going to be incredibly lazy about implementing this at low levels. In fact, I expect zero changes.

There's no resilience gear, the odd blue item in BC non-heroics excepted, before 70. There's no mastery gear on LK gear and even the 77-79 cata greens that have it don't benefit a player until they train for it at 80. I'm expecting this to be an 85-90 stat. Otherwise they're going to have to re-itemize 3 expansions of resilience gear. They're too lazy. We all know this to be true.

I think the ridiculously simplistic talent trees are going to negate the sometimes absurd burst in this bracket but it won't be the gear that makes the difference. Hopefully it will make less viable classes viable. However I don't expect this to really change how 70's gear too much. Sure you may not have rogues (Yes, I have a BIS Sunwell/glaives one.) stacking 20 agi in every slot but I don't expect anything more dramatic than having to regem. After all, I made a 560-600 resilience resto shammy with 3 pieces of PVE gear. It can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread