Pally bubble at 19, MoP

The words marked in red don't seem very appropriate coming from a forum moderator; what does everyone else think?

I took a look at the "Twink Info's new Code of Conduct" and a Moderator broke the rules.

Inappropriate Language

This category includes both clear and masked language, images and/or links to websites containing such language which:
  • Are vulgar and unnecessary and/or directed at another Twink Info member, viewer or user
  • Are not immediately obvious to all, involved or not, that it is “banterâ€￾

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
  • Be given an appropriate number of infraction points or a temporary/extended ban from the forums, depending upon severity

fuck tits balls penis.

damn, crime spree.

The words marked in red don't seem very appropriate coming from a forum moderator; what does everyone else think?

I took a look at the "Twink Info's new Code of Conduct" and a Moderator broke the rules.

Inappropriate Language

This category includes both clear and masked language, images and/or links to websites containing such language which:
  • Are vulgar and unnecessary and/or directed at another Twink Info member, viewer or user
  • Are not immediately obvious to all, involved or not, that it is “banterâ€￾

If a member is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:
  • Be given an appropriate number of infraction points or a temporary/extended ban from the forums, depending upon severity

being a moderator i'm sure he knows these rules well, but his "fuck yesss!!!1" was directed at no one. Profanity is not prohibited on twinkinfo judging by what you quoted from the CoC.

edit: i just thought i'd add in this little juicy detail, because i love beau so much.

Fucking right?

X and O

being a moderator i'm sure he knows these rules well, but his "fuck yesss!!!1" was directed at no one. Profanity is not prohibited on twinkinfo judging by what you quoted from the CoC.

edit: i just thought i'd add in this little juicy detail, because i love beau so much.

I don't know if you know how to read but it said and/or. By it also having "or" means that "Are vulgar and unneccessary" is dependent and that it is also an offense.

i think vulgar is referring to the "images/websites"

and you basically just said that not only does kore deserve a punishment, but you do as well.

i think vulgar is referring to the "images/websites"

and you basically just said that not only does kore deserve a punishment, but you do as well.

As they do in government, I think the whole "vulgur and unecessary" also applys to chat making it similar to an implied power. Also, why should I be punished?

As they do in government, I think the whole "vulgur and unecessary" also applys to chat making it similar to an implied power. Also, why should I be punished?

can we "punish" people for profile pics?

Damn, you must have me on google alert too like the entire MGC crew, Turdel, and Nems.

For a start, Blizzard themselves used "badass" as part of an item name, so I think that it is exempt, especially since the only connotation that the word carries is positive. Secondly, nobody has ever been reprimanded on the site purely for colourful language. If it is used to convey a hurtful message then we will step in, but not otherwise.

Next, you should perhaps reread the part of the CoC about off topic threads, backseat moderation and discussing disciplinary actions on the forum. Thanks.

Now get back to the thread at hand.

For a start, Blizzard themselves used "badass" as part of an item name, so I think that it is exempt, especially since the only connotation that the word carries is positive. Secondly, nobody has ever been reprimanded on the site purely for colourful language. If it is used to convey a hurtful message then we will step in, but not otherwise.

Next, you should perhaps reread the part of the CoC about off topic threads, backseat moderation and discussing disciplinary actions on the forum. Thanks.

Now get back to the thread at hand.

You forgot to mention the part where you said "fuck". Saying "fuck" is colorful language is hilarious. What ever you need to do to tell yourself that you are a good moderator go for it. Good luck and take care!

Users who are viewing this thread