On Pet Farming

topic revival -
I was thinking about grinding the Parrot Cage (Green Wing Macaw) and was wondering is this even possible to solo as retri pally and how much time will be involved?
I know that I'll need to clear all mobs before those pirates including some bosses as well.
Hell, if you don't have it by the time I get my main computer back up and running I'll just dual box with my druid and my dk and run you while I soak up rep on my druid, it only took me one run to get it on my druid.

Hell, if you don't have it by the time I get my main computer back up and running I'll just dual box with my druid and my dk and run you while I soak up rep on my druid, it only took me one run to get it on my druid.

I got this pet like 2-3 days later when I originally posted that question.
Anyway tnx for inv Robert

Im at 48 companions at the moment after getting my summer spirit. I was just wondering if the retrieval of stinker form the mailbox is as stated or not possible or some other way. I really want that companion :S

I was told no by a GM. I'm on my second ticket now. The stable masters do not have the skunk for you, it only works for quest pets. Both Rhae and Lofi have their skunks from GMs. I'm not overly concerned. Supposedly pets will be account wide in MP.

Agree with Aradiel. If you do try to get the skunk from a GM...wait for 30 days AFTER you get the achievement so that the pet gets deleted out of your mailbox. Even if the GM mails it to you, instead of dropping it into your inventory, you'll be able to open GM mail.

Agree with Aradiel. If you do try to get the skunk from a GM...wait for 30 days AFTER you get the achievement so that the pet gets deleted out of your mailbox. Even if the GM mails it to you, instead of dropping it into your inventory, you'll be able to open GM mail.

But if you wait 30 days and say you forgot to get it couldn't the GM just check your activity feed and see that you've been on the last month? Also are you sure trials can open GM mail?

But if you wait 30 days and say you forgot to get it couldn't the GM just check your activity feed and see that you've been on the last month? Also are you sure trials can open GM mail?

its not guaranteed to work...but that's your best shot. checking that you're online isn't the same as checking to see if you forgot to open your mailbox. that's very hard to disprove if you haven't actually opened your mailbox.

yes, f2p's can open GM mail (i've never done it, but several on here say they have).

People forget things all the time. Either not reading mail, or reading it, and so losing the icon, and forgetting about it completely. You can auto restore items you've recently deleted and open the mail, which didn't work for the pet, since it wasn't there. You can also open any GM sent mail, provided it is GM mail. I had one GM send my BoAs through the mail from my paid account that was out of game time, but I was not able to open that mail. Actual GM mail on the other hand, is able to be opened.

updated post #2. the only things i've added for MoP were the Darkmoon Rabbit, Giant Sewer Rat, and Penguin (requires Exalted with Kalu'ak...which could only be done buy winning the tourney numerous times).

Am I missing any? Keep in mind this excludes pets that can be obtained on a P2P account and then account-shared to F2P.

Last edited by a moderator:
I added the pet species on this link. There's a rather low limit on how many pics you can put in a comment so I'm not adding them on post#2. If the day comes and F2P can actually do pet battles, I suppose I'll re-arrange the list by species.

The only mildly interesting thing I noticed was that the Creepy Crate is F2P's only Undead option (obviously not that it matters).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread