older expac gear at ilvl 332 to 390 for 60s

i recently talked to a 60 with xp off equipped with all 332 gear

helm, shoulder, chest from normal BFA dungeons, these have huge main stat and stam, was told the normal BFA ilvl was like 50 ilvls higher than what you get from heroics and raids. the azerite neck was 332, was told that is the automatic issue level, player had 4 items installed. told at az neck does not go higher than 332, you want 80 for the slots, and each 3% boost

the 4 pc of BFA gear adds 10 active/passive abilities/boosts, if the raid gear was BIS that would bump to 16

asked about legendary cloak, player linked it, it was items 135 with really poor stats, players said you have to get it if you want to do the visions and get currency to buy the upgrades to make az neck items epic.

player tried per BFA dung adv guide seige of boralus showed higher gear at herioc and mythic for a 60 in 375 range but when tried in a group where unable to enter with a message unavailable. when i looked at this instance today it now shows for me, gear 332 normal but for herioc, mythic, mythic+ showing req level 80 580-597 gear appears this may be from a recent TWW change to make it TWW content?

player said not a twink, to get BIS gear it would have to be farmed with all 60s like in BC time, the gear had all the sockets from OG BC content and the herioc dungeons and raids would yield 373 to 391 level gear.

player said in BC time some older expacs are about the same. i asked about legion weapon and art items, was told normal dungeon shows 332, herioc 227 and mythic 375. this makes me wonder id the legion wpns are back for my 20s.

i had 60s left over from SL, but i leveled all of them to 70 during TWW prepatch event. only DF content i did was making two level 58 dracs and locked out on the 3 days free DF two years ago

just thought i would mention this, no way would i take on this task

I dont understand, 332 is like normal level gear for 60 (even the gear boost is around this) The heroic loot you see cant be obtained if you in chromie time, only heroic gear for the given xpac and that will be a lot less then normal dung gear in chromie mode.

i.e.
BFA was what level 50 end game?
if your level 50 the heroic loot is better than normal, but if your level 60 that obtainable heroic loot is still level 50, the level appropriate chromie normal loot is turned to your level.
its the same with chromie raids, if you look at the dung journel in chromie time that loot will look great but it cannot be obtained.

one, i do not see many 60s with xp off

yes player had a mix of 332 gear, but the phated mythic SL gear at the end of SL was around that too, i think there was some 374 gear from early DF a 60 could get but that is below the 391 gear a player can now get from SWP which is generally loaded with socket slots. alof of players missed out on SL phated gear and PVP gear, i do not believe normal dungeon gear for 60s in older expacs obtained thru LFD was in the 332+ range, i think we would have seen near full 332+ BC geared players with alot of sockets

BFA had the massive squish at the end, even the mythic gear, cloak, and neck were in the 135 to 155 range. not sure what the ilvl after smoothing months later into SL expac of older gear on what it did to BFA gear, either way for BFA or any expac dungeons/raids. pretty sure it was not 332 to 391 gear. some of my 70's have the old azerite neck and it is now 332 ilvl for them also, this is a recent change, was once 115 i believe after the squish

player questioned...said that the high ilvl gear would have to be farmed with players in the same time. there is no LFD or GF for older heroics and raids, also can't be carried by a 80. not sure if 70s can turn off XP, the player i questioned said dungeons showed 71 as max level when he/she viewed the specific que dungeon list, 10-71, 25-71, etc

blizz has been clowning with scaling on levels of gear and mobs, i was doing some older BFA LFRs for tmogs prior to TWW prepatch with SL 60s in ilvl 278 gear, today with a 70 in 480-502 gear, got my ass handed to me in nylotha on a LFR section i have soloed before

i had some players at the end BFA where the gear was severely squished. nylotah LFR gear dropped into 80s, benthic gear got dropped to like 66, black empire gear got dropped to 74. i was forced to do SL prepatch for the 100 gear. i was rather pissed because WQ gear was like 84, and it still shows this today.

i have no clue wtf happens with gear at any level from 21 to 69, as all my active players are 1,10, 20 or 70s. i have three 27s which have not been played since blizzard trashed BC former 70s

Users who are viewing this thread