Official RUIN Twinking Tournament Thread

mickyhaynes said:
i think caps and getting the official win should have emphasized point values, but if the other team TRULY outplays the other, even if they lose, they get a SHOT at being able to win, if they deserve it.

Caps- 10 pts

Rets- 5 pts

Killing EFC- 2 pts

Picking up own dropped flag AND CAPPING- 2 additional pts

best players- 5,3, and 2 bonus point(s)

Winning- 20 pts

thats about all i can think of off the top of my head. tear me up for fixes.

Edit: Killing a hunter- 100000000000000000000000 PTS

Won't work. There is no way for judges to judge this... I mean, how would you like being the one having to award points for something this complex, with nothing else than a screenshot and perhaps a low quality video?

Plus u could just drop the flag N pick it up itself

i messed up.

i meant to say something like this. say your team has their flag and is running. the person with the flag dies, but someone from his team picks up their flag and caps it. the opposing team still gets 2 pts for killing the EFC, but not 5 for returning their flag. the team that capped gets 10 pts for the cap and 2 more for the good pick up.

i dont know why, but i had the feeling that there would be like 2-3 vids from each match and tons of screen shots. it would not be hard at all to do this... anyone with technological smarts could do this easily. watching a 20 min vid isnt hard... just fast forward a little bit to the good parts (caps, rets, etc). and you can see all those things in the text too. then a screenshot for the end game stats to award points for most HK's, dmg done, healing done, and maybe some to the team with the person with most killing blows.

the 'best players' probably wont work... i didnt think that one through a lot and didnt realize the controversy that could be brought.

more:

im trying to make it seem VERY rare for the team who didnt officially win by caps to get the most points and win. winning gives you 20 pts. so its near impossible to win without that bonus.

mickyhaynes said:
i messed up.

i meant to say something like this. say your team has their flag and is running. the person with the flag dies, but someone from his team picks up their flag and caps it. the opposing team still gets 2 pts for killing the EFC, but not 5 for returning their flag. the team that capped gets 10 pts for the cap and 2 more for the good pick up.

i dont know why, but i had the feeling that there would be like 2-3 vids from each match and tons of screen shots. it would not be hard at all to do this... anyone with technological smarts could do this easily. watching a 20 min vid isnt hard... just fast forward a little bit to the good parts (caps, rets, etc). and you can see all those things in the text too. then a screenshot for the end game stats to award points for most HK's, dmg done, healing done, and maybe some to the team with the person with most killing blows.

the 'best players' probably wont work... i didnt think that one through a lot and didnt realize the controversy that could be brought.

Umm... The OP states that there would be one ss of the end scorecard, and perhaps one video. The above is way too complicated. And remember, this is the first tournament that's being organized.

Oh, and WTF are rets??

Evocate said:
Hm, I think you should make it a weekly league. That is, every guild plays every guild like in soccer. Otherwise with random pairing you might get Prodigy vs Pizza Hut and then one of the best guilds in Ruin that might have easily got 2nd is out in the first round.

Waw Tawent would smack Prodigy...

This idea sounds awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread