Official RUIN Twinking Tournament Thread

Hm, I think you should make it a weekly league. That is, every guild plays every guild like in soccer. Otherwise with random pairing you might get Prodigy vs Pizza Hut and then one of the best guilds in Ruin that might have easily got 2nd is out in the first round.

you couldn't do it weekly. There are too many guilds that are too worried about their rep to play without certain players on their team. Just saying.

Edit: And on the this subject, it's a good idea, but me... I enjoy pugs more than the 2 premades I have been in since I've been back. (I was a non-A teamer filling in)

Yeah agreed. I also dont think this will work at all for that same reason. Certain guilds wont play other guilds until the guild is weakened or dead etc... =/ I miss back when guilds would just play each other =(

Tallying all the stats from screenshots sounds pretty tedious and harder to manage than it has to be. Why not try a Mod like this:

Killing Fields

Check out the screen shots of data.

Just make sure that at least one player in each guild has the mod. Its a great mod to have anyway even without the tournament.

If you have been active, look up your toon/guild and see what info is already there. The more people use the mod, the better the info is. Right now it looks like there isn't much data for Ruin @ 19.

There may be other mods out there too that do the same thing.

Waw Tawent would love to be involved in this and take the trophy. When more interest is shown I'll post our application.

AWØL might be interested this once we get our team settled.

One thing about the exploiting rule. By exploiting are you including terrain jumps cause im not sure how you could get all the guilds to comply with this.

crusade said:
One other thing to consider. If this is single elimination and say in round one all the Alliance guilds win their matches how would you determine the winner of the tourney since for round two as the Alliance guilds wouldn't have anyone to play against?

it can't be single elim tourney.. it has to be more of a round robin tourney.

every alliance team plays every horde team.

2 pts = win

1 pt = tie

0 pts = lose

Ally and Horde team with most points advances to finals. If there is a tie, tiebreakers will have to be enforced.

ie.

team with most flag caps. if still tied, team with least caps against and so on...

edit: or you can compare how they did in head to head competition vs the same team that's advancing from the opposite faction.

You'll have to be very specific and strict with terrain exploits. For instance i consider standing on top of stumps in mid fair game, but am opposed to the wall jumping to get up to the GY and the tunnel roof jumps, as well as horde fence walk.

Kore nametooshort said:
You'll have to be very specific and strict with terrain exploits. For instance i consider standing on top of stumps in mid fair game, but am opposed to the wall jumping to get up to the GY and the tunnel roof jumps, as well as horde fence walk.

Tbh, Im ok with pretty much anything that any class/race can get to.

2. NO exploiting. Of any kind will be tolerated, if you notice a player using an exploit in game, Take a screenshot as proof and send it to me. From there I will decide upon how to deal with it ( Most likely Disqualification of the exploiters Guild).

This needs a more refined definition.

First of all, I would like to say THANKYOU very much to all you guys for your input into this. You are all raising very good points and this is making it alot easier for me to work out the exact details for this tourney, if you have more suggestions I would be MORE than happy to hear them!

thanks for showing such interest in helping this idea get off the ground :)

In regards to the Exploits, I'm going to have to talk to a few people and define a list of things that will be Dq'able, so bear with me until I have it posted on the front page :)

Maz Raised a good point, Single elimination wont work for this situation if for example all the horde guilds are knocked out before the alliance, I mean we could do 5 v 5 but thats not what this tournament is, so I think a Round robin will be the best way to go about it, awarding points for Wins ,caps, returns and so on.

I dont think at this stage, an entry fee would be a good idea, possibly in the future when there is alot more guilds interested, because hey who wouldnt want a 20k gold win to split up amongst 10 ppl or put into their Guild Bank ? :) , I DO however like the idea of Various prizes Such as TCG tabards for Tournament MVP, or the Winning Guild, and would be more than happy to pay for these things. :)

once again, thanks alot for the input guys. The more info/suggestions I get, the faster this idea will come to fruition.

I think A LOT more earnable points should be available. This way, you can see what guilds really play well, even if they lose.

Kind of like Quidditch, 10 points for a small accomplishment and 150 for the game-ender, but catching the Snitch won't necessarily win it for you. Even if your team captures the most flags or last flag or whatever, sometimes the side that deserved to win (most points) advances in the tournament.

Anyone play English Premier League Soccer? Every game has 6 awardable bonus points to the best 3 players in the match. 3 points to the best player, 2 to the second best, and 1 point to the third best. Basically, every game has the "three best players" who are rewarded bonus points, regardless the faction. This could even be upscaled to 5, 10, and 15 point bonuses, thus increasing all other point awards as well, I.E. winning the game is 50 points.

This is just a work-in-progress, I'm still brainstorming. Let me know how you fell about this suggestion.

mickyhaynes said:
I think A LOT more earnable points should be available. This way, you can see what guilds really play well, even if they lose.

Kind of like Quidditch, 10 points for a small accomplishment and 150 for the game-ender, but catching the Snitch won't necessarily win it for you. Even if your team captures the most flags or last flag or whatever, sometimes the side that deserved to win (most points) advances in the tournament.

Anyone play English Premier League Soccer? Every game has 6 awardable bonus points to the best 3 players in the match. 3 points to the best player, 2 to the second best, and 1 point to the third best. Basically, every game has the "three best players" who are rewarded bonus points, regardless the faction. This could even be upscaled to 5, 10, and 15 point bonuses, thus increasing all other point awards as well, I.E. winning the game is 50 points.

This is just a work-in-progress, I'm still brainstorming. Let me know how you fell about this suggestion.

It seems a good idea, but I think it would be too complicated for the first comp we're having. Besides, this sort of point awarding could become very controversial, and result in lots of flaming.

We are looking for guilds to submit their applications, because I think once a few guilds get in, more will come, so guild leaders, officers, or anyone else, submit an application form. It can be found on page 1/2.

Users who are viewing this thread