Official RUIN Twinking Tournament Thread

great awsome thing u got going here

This SEEMS amazing i wish i only could spend the measily 15$ to get to a ruin battle gruop :(

REDRAIN-Damage: 110 - 141Speed: 3.30Power: 243Hit Rating: 3Crit Chance: 21.14%Expertise: 5

Proheals- Bonus Damage:124 Bonus Healing: 124 Hit Rating: 6 Crit Chance: 8.94%Haste Rating: 0Mana Regen: 43 1600 mana 1000 life

Poisontip-Damage: 61 - 87Speed: 2.43Power: 161Hit Rating: 1Crit Chance: 13.84

still in progress

Proheals said:
This SEEMS amazing i wish i only could spend the measily 15$ to get to a ruin battle gruop :(

REDRAIN-Damage: 110 - 141Speed: 3.30Power: 243Hit Rating: 3Crit Chance: 21.14%Expertise: 5

Proheals- Bonus Damage:124 Bonus Healing: 124 Hit Rating: 6 Crit Chance: 8.94%Haste Rating: 0Mana Regen: 43 1600 mana 1000 life

Poisontip-Damage: 61 - 87Speed: 2.43Power: 161Hit Rating: 1Crit Chance: 13.84

still in progress

Re-roll. I know fishing buddies will help you of you get a dk to earn cash. I think they're on mannaroth.

^^ what? out of place?

I think we should have a so called Third Party to award points and bonuses, those who have no participation or affilition in competing in this tournament, but truly know what a good player looks like. Pros who acknowledge solid team play and who are totally unbiased. A Jury of Veterans if you will. Or a Board of Badasses. Legion of Legends. I do like that last one :)

I think the idea of a quidditch (spelling??) - scoring system is perfect. To decide the overall winner you add up the teams total pts thruout the season and the team with highest amount wins.

Ps - any plans for an arena version of this???

Jyabiu said:
I think the idea of a quidditch (spelling??) - scoring system is perfect. To decide the overall winner you add up the teams total pts thruout the season and the team with highest amount wins.

Ps - any plans for an arena version of this???

bad idea..if you make it stat based any guild may or if they have the chance to buff those stats.

What?who said anything bout Buffing stats? I was thinking you award different points for different things like flag returns, most kills, etc. The winner of the match via flag caps would recieve say 10 pts and other little things could count as just 1 or 2 points. This way the the team who plays best but doesn't get the most flag caps for normal win still has a chance to win.the team with the most total points wins the match, the team with the most total points accumulated from each match wins he season. Each ally team would fight each horde team to accumulate points thru out he season

How else would u decide the winner between multiple ally teams and also promote different aspects of the match besides just flag caps??

Sorry for any typos, I'm trying out the forums on an iPod touch lol

Jyabiu said:
What?who said anything bout Buffing stats? I was thinking you award different points for different things like flag returns, most kills, etc. The winner of the match via flag caps would recieve say 10 pts and other little things could count as just 1 or 2 points. This way the the team who plays best but doesn't get the most flag caps for normal win still has a chance to win.the team with the most total points wins the match, the team with the most total points accumulated from each match wins he season. Each ally team would fight each horde team to accumulate points thru out he season

How else would u decide the winner between multiple ally teams and also promote different aspects of the match besides just flag caps??

Sorry for any typos, I'm trying out the forums on an iPod touch lol

I must have misunderstood then.

# of flag caps probably should be used as bonus points, but no point in awarding 10. Why not just 1 pt for every cap?

Mazurati said:

# of flag caps probably should be used as bonus points, but no point in awarding 10. Why not just 1 pt for every cap?

IMO, this should be the most quidditch-like it should get. The more bonus points, the harder it gets to score, and the more controversial it COULD get. I don't think implementing any more than this would be smart in these early stages..

I like the idea

I am definately for having the tournament setup in a season style round robin setup where, as Maz already stated, all ally guilds play all the horde guilds and are awarded points and winner is team with most points.

Or, people could make horde guilds as well as alliance guilds like Prodigy did...

Mazurati said:

I think think that the team who wins via flag caps should recieve more then 1 pt per flag cap because , correct me if I'm wrong, the normal way of winning is by flag caps. Thus you keep an emphasis on flag capping awards the most pts , but if the other teams is superior in every other aspects of the game they still have a chance at winning. If flag capping to give greatest chances of winning is not emphasized, and is the same amount of PTA as most kills, don't you think they're will be slot of graveyard cling and complete ignorance of the flag?

I'm probably looking at this wrong, so feel free to correct me, I'm just trying to give suggestions.

Jyabiu said:
I think think that the team who wins via flag caps should recieve more then 1 pt per flag cap because , correct me if I'm wrong, the normal way of winning is by flag caps. Thus you keep an emphasis on flag capping awards the most pts , but if the other teams is superior in every other aspects of the game they still have a chance at winning. If flag capping to give greatest chances of winning is not emphasized, and is the same amount of PTA as most kills, don't you think they're will be slot of graveyard cling and complete ignorance of the flag?

I'm probably looking at this wrong, so feel free to correct me, I'm just trying to give suggestions.

Say if you had a Horde team who played and lost 2-3 then you have another Horde team who wins 1-0 in a good game; the Horde team who lost would actually get more points awarded based on the fact that they capped more flags, when in actuality win/lose is what really matters.

Soo...shouldn't the team that won their game get more points? Wouldn't that be fair? I think it would cause much controversy for a team who had a worse record advance further in the tourney because they had more caps.

double post, sorry.

My point system:

win = 3 points

tie = 1 point

lose = 0 points

caps = 1 point

Other point system:

win = 3 points

tie = 1 point

lose = 0 points

caps = 10 points

Team A wins game 1-0

Team B loses game 2-3

My system:

Team A points earned = 4 (3 pts for win, 1 pt for cap)

Team B points earned = 2 (2 pts for caps)

Other system:

Team A points earned = 13 (3 pts for win, 10 pts for cap)

Team B points earned = 20 (20 pts for cap)

sux for team A ^ (even though they won)

Mazurati said:
double post, sorry.

My point system:

win = 3 points

tie = 1 point

lose = 0 points

caps = 1 point

Other point system:

win = 3 points

tie = 1 point

lose = 0 points

caps = 10 points

Team A wins game 1-0

Team B loses game 2-3

My system:

Team A points earned = 4 (3 pts for win, 1 pt for cap)

Team B points earned = 2 (2 pts for caps)

Other system:

Team A points earned = 13 (3 pts for win, 10 pts for cap)

Team B points earned = 20 (20 pts for cap)

sux for team A ^ (even though they won)

Yeah. Since A won, shouldn't they get credit for 3 caps? 0.0

i think caps and getting the official win should have emphasized point values, but if the other team TRULY outplays the other, even if they lose, they get a SHOT at being able to win, if they deserve it.

Caps- 10 pts

Rets- 5 pts

Killing EFC- 2 pts

Picking up own dropped flag AND CAPPING- 2 additional pts

best players- 5,3, and 2 bonus point(s)

Winning- 20 pts

thats about all i can think of off the top of my head. tear me up for fixes.

Edit: Killing a hunter- 100000000000000000000000 PTS

...I'm saying something wrong because no one is understanding me.

The pts for flag caps and flag rets and kills and what not would applied in ONE game to decide winner of match. They wouldn't be extra bonus pts applied after one team is declared winner....

Say me and maz are on teams fighting eachother. Maz team grabs my flag from flag room and starts runnin. I chase him down, kill him and return the flag. 2 pts for me. I group up my te and we take our time getting to their flag and decide to rack up kills. We then head to his base and take his flag. We return it to ours and cap it. 10 pts. His team groups up and caps the flag twice. 20 pts. Now he's winng 20-12. My team falls back on defense once we see his team coming. He grabs flag, but we stop him and return it. 2 pts for us. Now we grab his flag and cap it, 10 more pts for us. Now were winng 24-20. As we returned it there was about two minutes left,so our healers decide to just do nothing but heal eachother constantly for no reason, and the other team grabs our flag, and we return in. 2 pts for us,26-20. Unknownigly, as soon as we returned it they haden in our flag room and grab the flag for an easy last second cap. They lead 30-26. The game is over and now the final scores are displayed. Our team had the most overall damage (2 pts) and most kills(2 pts) becaause we decided to take our time and rack up kills. Our idiotic (or not so idiotic) healers decided to sit around and do nothing but heal eachother, there for giving us the most total heals (2 pts). Now that the final points are tallied up, our team is actually ahead, 32-30, thus resulting in a victory for us. Because all the other team did was try getting the 3 caps and nothing else , it cost them the match. Because we neglected the flag capping towards midgame/end it almost cost us the match.

Obviously there would probably be differen ways of scoring and different PTA awarded, but this is just to give an idea of what I'm talking about. Forget it though because it appers no one else likes it, and I'm bEginning to dislike it too, lol

anyways, thanks for reading ~jyabiy

Forgot to add that now the match is over , the pts are completely erased and we are awarded 2 pts for the win for the season (1 if it ended up in tie.)

now mytotal team score for the season is 2 so far.

Srry bout double post, can't scroll down to middle of previus post under edit with iPod touch

Users who are viewing this thread