Now that it's out in the open...

You cannot do the switch on the PTR. However, copied characters do keep the exploited talents. I've done a lot of testing with these when copying was still up. As far as damage goes, this is not game breaking come WoD.

For example, on live my 60 ret can do 16k Holy Prisms ( who knows how high maxing buffs/gear ). About 200% of the average player's health pool, but on PTR would at best only hit 1k. About 5% of the average 60 health pool.

Still game breaking for that level 20 rogue to have shadowstep though...

Quick, someone post this in the 24 forums.

Only people who seem to care are F2parasites... Probably because it's within your price range :eek:

leotseddap said:
Maby, you don't know, the whole scripting doesn't work, not even for the 3 tier talents we are able to select.

I tried it on live with a trial account shaman, gave him Elemental Blast - Worked.

I tried it on the PTR with a 29 druid, tried to give him Force of Nature - Didn't work.

So yes, I DO know.

Also, I wouldn't want to be the guy in WoD who gets reported for having a talent they cannot actually obtain.

If you get banned for this one, I'm sure you could play this one off stupid. Add-ons aren't illegal, and If this is working on Live, you can pretty much just say you were just using the add-on for talents and didn't realize it was bugged. It's their fault in a way for letting the game have add-ons. Now if you hacked the game, you would be screwed.

I tried it on live with a trial account shaman, gave him Elemental Blast - Worked.

I tried it on the PTR with a 29 druid, tried to give him Force of Nature - Didn't work.

So yes, I DO know.

Also, I wouldn't want to be the guy in WoD who gets reported for having a talent they cannot actually obtain.
You don't know cause the command doesn't work and a person confirmed already that copied characters with talents like these work on the ptr. Don't be so stupid and think a little further then just the fact that the command line doesn't work at all.

Rofl, tried this on my warr, hello stormbolt! It'll probably be fixed real soon though, similar to how I could use tree of life as feral/boomkin in cata with a one line script like this (and noone got banned for that).

Someone use Second Wind!!!!

This explains why i once saw a rogue flashing behind 3 targets during cata.......

I noticed that some of the talents on my trial shaman didn't work as they rely on abilities we don't have yet. The only level 90 talent that seemed to work was Elemental Blast, but you haste nuts should try Elemental Mastery with dual SHoJ, Lifeblood on a Troll.... what GCD? If I get banned for that, it was bloody well worth it!

This bug makes me miss the old talent trees.

leotseddap said:
You don't know cause the command doesn't work and a person confirmed already that copied characters with talents like these work on the ptr. Don't be so stupid and think a little further then just the fact that the command line doesn't work at all.

If the script doesn't work on the ptr, that's probably a pretty obvious sign that you can't get level 90 talents, right?

Users who are viewing this thread