Not sure if yall know...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because europe timezones are before american ones and they release on specific dates/times not timezones. How is this even relevant? They own the revenue and shares, they don't own the company.

Oceanic time zones are ahead of Europe. Europe is GMT 0. Oceanic is GMT +12. Oceanic geeks are just as into being first as their European cousins. Blizz don't give them the oppurtunity, but if they did, I'm quite sure 12hrs would be more than enough.

Yes.. so if oceanic are 12 hours ahead then it gets released at midnight then they have to wait until the next day to get it. So they get it 24 hours later instead of America's 12. Again, relevant how?

I have the feeling that the only changes that will actually happen which affect F2P, will be knock-on/unintentional changes that Blizzard does for end game reasons. Like changing the talent trees.

However I can see them upping the trial to lvl30, or maybe even 60 to ensnare more PvE players in their web.

So roll on the next expansion and see what hand we are dealt.

The irony of the current situation is that those who try out the game eventually get kicked into the XP-Off 'Twink Battlegrounds' that are considered 'too dangerous' for the Heirloomed alts that run rampant in the XP-On Battlegrounds.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Blizzard to change anything, not so much because it's that hard to make the necessary changes (historically, changes in queues/stats etc. have been done within a week) but because the current design philosophy is 'Raid Lobby of Warcraft' and selling Expansions/Store Items.

But the simplest (partial) solution would be to remove the XP-Off marker of Starter capped toons ie put them in the XP_On queues. The balance issues that prevent this with notably TBC accounts simply don't apply to Starter accounts, given the current limitations and the much larger player pool this would generate.

personally, i hope nothing changes besides maybe removing us from the 24 bracket.

I don't think they can even do that. I mean why make the only exception to the 5 level brackets for free accounts?

I also don't know how this was "unintended." I knew before even checking that trials would be in 20-24 xp off, every other expansion capped bracket is included in xp-off why not trials? The "unintended" part was probably people actually twinking in it...

But the simplest (partial) solution would be to remove the XP-Off marker of Starter capped toons ie put them in the XP_On queues. The balance issues that prevent this with notably TBC accounts simply don't apply to Starter accounts, given the current limitations and the much larger player pool this would generate.

Eh I doubt it. Trial twinks would become a problem for the normal players in the bracket, and they don't want to piss off current payers for the sake of (possibly maybe not) future payers : /

If I were a Blizzard designer I would remove F2P from the locked and put them into unlocked, but I would remove even more privileges from trial accounts to make it appealing to a new player, but unattractive in the long term. Perhaps something along the lines of only allowing trial accounts to enter 10 BGs a week or something.

Dang that would be a good solution... I hope they don't think of it D:

WHY THE FUCK WOULD BLIZZARD LET THE F2P 12 YEAR OLD UNTS HAVE THEIR OWN BRACKET TO PLAY THEY DONT PAY. FIRST BLIZZARD BANS NINJAING, THEN THEY TAKE AWAY WORLD PVP BY ADDING HIGH LEVEL GUARDS IN TOWN , THEN THEY INCREASE THE TIME FOR VOTE KICKS, THEY SEPERATE LEVELERS FROM TWINKS AND NOW THEY ARE THINKING OF PUTTING 24S AWAY FORM F2P TWINKS?

YOU GUYS SHOULD FUCK YOURSEVES FOR THINKING SO WHY THE FUCK SHOULD BLIZZARD CARE ABOUT A BUNCH OF 12 YEAR OLD CUNTS WHO CANT AFFORD WOW

Clearly the answer to all the current issues is to simply raise the F2P level cap to 24.

I would be -totally- fine with that. It solves -every- problem. I seem to -like- putting words in dashes. But I do -not- know why.

Overpower? Yes please, I'll take -two- servings of that!

I also don't know how this was "unintended." I knew before even checking that trials would be in 20-24 xp off, every other expansion capped bracket is included in xp-off why not trials? The "unintended" part was probably people actually twinking in it...

Level 70 twinks in t6 raid gear and arena gear resulting from people not buying expansions were destroying people in leveling gear, so they put them into the XP off bg group. As a result, trial accounts were lumped into the xp off bracket as well.

In this sense trials being in Xp off queues is unintended, but perhaps a more fitting phrase is "collateral damage"

Clearly the answer to all the current issues is to simply raise the F2P level cap to 24.

24 is a weird number to cap at, so they won't do it. Granted if they did -which they wont- but if they did -which they wont- it wouldn't make any difference. Gear > Abilities > Skill.

I would be -totally- fine with that. It solves -every- problem. I seem to -like- putting words in dashes. But I do -not- know why.

Blizzard doesn't want anything to do with twinks or low level PvP remember?

24 is a weird number to cap at, so they won't do it.

It was also stupid to cap BG brackets at x4 and x9, but then while Blizzard may have some talent among it's dev's, the decisions as to what makes it into the game are still made by a bunch of dumb fucks.

it's a problem either way.

knowledgeable players building F2P 20 twinks destroyed true trial account players

P2P 24 twinks destroy both

QQing about it unless you are a true new account never played WOW player is hypocrisy

making their true prospective trial players fight big nasty 20 or 24 twinks is not going to add subscribers...imo

the best solution would be to give the F2P people thier own bracket, at least (ignoring the Alliance gear advantage for a moment) that would be fair. the non-twinked F2P can attain the same level of power, while locked F2P 20s together in the same BG with the locked 24s P2P can not

i disagree. in many cases, the enchants are providing a big portion of the stat boost, almost as much as the item itself

since we cant trade/us the Ah (which wont change because of the botting problem), most of those will be unattainable regardless of level

It was also stupid to cap BG brackets at x4 and x9, but then while Blizzard may have some talent among it's dev's, the decisions as to what makes it into the game are still made by a bunch of dumb fucks.

Agree. I also think important spells should be introduced at the start of the bracket range, rather than at the end, making each bracket more balanced. Take Skull bash, Ravage or Vanish for example, they should be lvl20 (or 25) spells - not lvl22/24. However making PVE levellers feel they are special snowflakes every other level is obviously more important to Blizzard than better balance in PVP.

Eh I doubt it. Trial twinks would become a problem for the normal players in the bracket, and they don't want to piss off current payers for the sake of (possibly maybe not) future payers : /

I seriously wonder how.

'Sunwell Twinks' in 70-74? Sure, I can see the potential for issues there, and to a lesser degree for 80's in 80-84 as well (due to the agrressive scaling that takes place in that bracket). The 'Rampart Twinks' raining on AV-weekend 'loomers parade can't happen anymore from what I understand, with every Vanilla account having been upgraded to TBC.

But without access to the things that make those kind of toons possible - Epic Gems from the next Expansion, end-game Enchantments/Kits etc., maxxed Professions and, in short, the AH - your average capped Starter account isn't going to pose any real problems for your average Heirloom toon in the BoA Battlegrounds, let alone for 'Heirloom twinks'.

Admitted, as I still prefer to play in Emberstorm/Glutsturm, and play mostly in the late evening my experiences may be a bit skewed, but in XP-On most toons I encounter are at least of the 'Enchanted Heirloom-and-rags' category, and in 15-19 already I've been the only one without 'looms quite a few times.

Sorry, but I find the idea that level 20 toons clad in some ilevel 21-ish Blues with +1/2 Enchantments would pose serious issues for 21-24 toons clad in (de-facto) some ilevel 30+ Blues with +15 Enchantments rather comical, and while of course you have the odd double-AGM 20 that can match a 23-24 'Heirloom twink', with the far larger player pool people won't have run-ins with them with any regularity, let alone more often than with the 'Heirloom twinks' they already encounter.

Or, to put it like I did elsewhere, it makes even less sense to put newcomers in the same queues as level 24 Twinks than it does to put them in the same Battlegrounds as Heirloomed toons.

But yeah, given that Blizzard puts the most attention to the part the people that pay for all this (end-game PvE'ers, not irate Twink players) prefer the most, I don't see any changes coming soon.

i disagree. in many cases, the enchants are providing a big portion of the stat boost, almost as much as the item itself

since we cant trade/us the Ah (which wont change because of the botting problem), most of those will be unattainable regardless of level

This.

While not as accute as in 10-14 (where it's a difference of day and night), having access to less gear and Enhancements does make an important difference. Don't be fooled by the fact that many of the current 24's are (to put it as friendly as possible) less than enthusiastic gearers and/or not the sharpest tools in the shed.

google it

activision merges with blizzard parent, vivendi dec 2007

you own 52%+ of shares....you own it

when they sold the celestial steed mount and a pet it made made CNBC financial channel news, that blizzard made X millions in first hours of a virtual items sale for parent company vivendi corp.....etc....etc....

i don't buy the time zone excuse, WOW so far is the only game that does this starting with BC. EU has always gotten at least a 6+ hour start on everything.

they could easy sell the game with a same time activation for US, EU, OC, worldwide. and no matter what WOW grouping time zone you are in everyone who wants to start playing no matter what time zone you are in. so is US wants to start at 1am and lose sleep when EU starts at 10am, they can... the option should be there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread