Non-instanced BoE scaling and how it works.

So what level should you be if you want to farm a BIS world drop for each bracket? People are saying making a 33 for 29, 43 for 39 etc but whats the math behind that and where would you go for zones?

If I was to farm hinterlands (a 30+ area) on my 29 paladin would this cause a BOE world drop to be in the 20-29 bracket or would it scale past 30? Or not even drop anything?

Gotta say this is confusing and unclear as shit but its also pretty fun theorizing new stuff for the new BIS items. Also enjoying scanning AH daily again for items i want, reminds me of back in vanilla/bc

Also just to add (sorry to keep posting as anon) I have been farming the 30-31 mobs in hinterland on my 29 and all the uncommon drops have been fixed at 25 req but 30 item level. When I was grinding mobs in say other areas that before the scaling had lower level mobs but are now scaled up to me, the uncommon drops were usually just 3 item levels above the req. Only now that I started farming higher level mobs were better drops coming, even though they are technically out of my reach.

So my theory is that it doesnt matter what level you are, it matters what level the mob is. I have found a great spot in hinterlands with very very fast respawns to test this and so far it seems true. I also dont know if thats common knowledge but after seeing many post about how you should be x amount higher than 29/39/49 for the good drops, i feel this challenges that.

some items are on different loot tables
maybe the new scaling system hasnt reached them yet
so you can still find items with old style ilvl scaling

the old items that have +5 ilvl difference have all been with old lvl reqs non scaled afaik

Today I saw a teebu blazing sword (the one the dwarf is holding on the back of the original vanilla box) at level 48 with an item level of 61 (again much bigger than the heirlooms at 49). How the fuck is that dropping to 48 and what on earth would you have to farm for it to drop? It has always, until now, been a 50-59 bracket drop. Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread