Nocontest 29 MM Hunter

Nice hunter, although its nowhere near BiS. You have some nice GF'ed peices but they aren't BiS.

Change your boots to the 10 agility 7 stamina boots (1 agi > 2 stam)
Get 2x gnomer agility rings, although that GF'ed ring is nice, 2 agility > 5 crit
Get flintlocke's
Get Gnomer wrists of agility (They are SLIGHTLY better)
Get gloomshroud and use peerless stats
Your headpeice is 12 agility 8 stamina, BiS in most cases but there is 13 agi head for if you want glasscannon.

Also ugly mog

6/10

Nice hunter, although its nowhere near BiS. You have some nice GF'ed peices but they aren't BiS.

Change your boots to the 10 agility 7 stamina boots (1 agi > 2 stam)
Get 2x gnomer agility rings, although that GF'ed ring is nice, 2 agility > 5 crit
Get flintlocke's
Get Gnomer wrists of agility (They are SLIGHTLY better)
Get gloomshroud and use peerless stats
Your headpeice is 12 agility 8 stamina, BiS in most cases but there is 13 agi head for if you want glasscannon.

Also ugly mog

6/10

Thanks for the input!
*I use the boots i have to keep some stam and not get to squishy
*Working a Gnomer Ring, would like to get 2 if the Gnomer Gods love me
*Would like to get Agi bracers instead of AP just because of the pet i use
*I prefer the Gnomish X-Ray enchant, it gives me more burst, I do have Flintlocke's
*Wouldnt mind the Glooms but again i would drop some stam
*Dont want to drop Stam to low

If there's anyone that you call a BiS Hunter please show him to me. And not to be cocky, i think i might be one of the hardest hitting MM Hunters around.

Last edited by a moderator:
. And not to be cocky, i think i might be one of the hardest hitting MM Hunters around.

Will vouch. You hurt.
Other than aforementioned Gloom and the elusive Gnomer ring, you're solid. I can agree that using the Lancer Boots over lynx/prison shoes is viable as hunters' total lack of healing requires them to be somewhat sturdy in their (more often than not) brief life-spans.

GG

*I use the boots i have to keep some stam and not get to squishy

*Dont want to drop Stam to low

But the thing is, your gear is very inconsistent.

You are giving up 1 agility for 2 stamina, yet for your headpeice its 5 stam 12 haste vs 3 agi compared to loom yet you use that
Why are you giving up 5 stam 7 haste and a heal effect (if you care so much about survivability) for a mere 4 agility
You are giving up 4 stam 12 crit for a mere 4 agility on your chestpiece compared to heirloom
As for gloom vs fang, its 3 stamina vs 9 crit, it shouldnt even be a debate, if you are going with a high DPS build (in which you are if you choose fang chest) then gloom is the better choice 100%
If you really do prefer 2 stamina over 1 agility on your boots, then you have the wrong belt. Defias belt is 1 agility less and 2 stamina more, so why dont you use that?

I personally think you are using the peices which have the most "cool" factor rather than looking at what is BiS. Your stat prioritizations dont match for all your peices, some peices are too glasscannon and some are too survivability oriented. Either go 1 choice or the other.

But the thing is, your gear is very inconsistent.

You are giving up 1 agility for 2 stamina, yet for your headpeice its 5 stam 12 haste vs 3 agi compared to loom yet you use that
Why are you giving up 5 stam 7 haste and a heal effect (if you care so much about survivability) for a mere 4 agility
You are giving up 4 stam 12 crit for a mere 4 agility on your chestpiece compared to heirloom
As for gloom vs fang, its 3 stamina vs 9 crit, it shouldnt even be a debate, if you are going with a high DPS build (in which you are if you choose fang chest) then gloom is the better choice 100%
If you really do prefer 2 stamina over 1 agility on your boots, then you have the wrong belt. Defias belt is 1 agility less and 2 stamina more, so why dont you use that?

I personally think you are using the peices which have the most "cool" factor rather than looking at what is BiS. Your stat prioritizations dont match for all your peices, some peices are too glasscannon and some are too survivability oriented. Either go 1 choice or the other.

*SIgh* one of these people. I gear they way I do because it works, just plan and simple. As far as this "Cool" factor I cant help Ive been twinking for some time and own grandfathered gear, but it looks like that's being held against me. I have lots of grandfathered gear in my bank i could fill almost every slot with if i wanted this "Cool" factor. Judging by your sig you dont play 29s, so please make one and que and find out lame my inconsistent gear is. I thank you for your reply on my character, and wish you luck on twinking.

I'd say the gear is pretty consistent, he's going for max agi + vers for big hits and crit > haste. I see all kinds of people use the STV green helm for the extra 2 agil when they're losing 13 stam 12 haste, or potentially stam / crit if they're ally, which I disagree with but hey max agi ftw. But all that aside you don't have 8 agi gnomer gear or bracer, just settled for the power bracer. Tsk tsk. 8/10

*SIgh* one of these people. I gear they way I do because it works, just plan and simple. As far as this "Cool" factor I cant help Ive been twinking for some time and own grandfathered gear, but it looks like that's being held against me. I have lots of grandfathered gear in my bank i could fill almost every slot with if i wanted this "Cool" factor. Judging by your sig you dont play 29s, so please make one and que and find out lame my inconsistent gear is. I thank you for your reply on my character, and wish you luck on twinking.

He does play the bracket, and knowing the guy I can assure you that he knows more about theorycrafting and gearing than 99% of the bracket (no, I'm not even exaggerating). He is giving you good points with good reasoning, all you have to say against that is "well my gear works for me" "come que 29 i pwn u". Please, just stop.

If you make a thread asking to rate your toon or give gear suggestions, please be open to criticism and suggestions aswell. Don't be that guy.

Then why are you being asked to be rated if the way you gear "works"?

If you aren't going to take any criticism then don't both posting your twink to be rated

Im open to constructive criticism and I have used it from players that posted in this thread. You said your piece and I told you why I have what i have, then you go on a rant about "Cool" factor with gf gear, personally it sounds like you're straight Welch's Jelly over it. Your sig is misleading as far as your activity in the 29s, you must not be proud of any you play. Again thanks for the advice, I'll be working on my bracers and ring.

I'd say the gear is pretty consistent, he's going for max agi + vers for big hits and crit > haste. I see all kinds of people use the STV green helm for the extra 2 agil when they're losing 13 stam 12 haste, or potentially stam / crit if they're ally, which I disagree with but hey max agi ftw. But all that aside you don't have 8 agi gnomer gear or bracer, just settled for the power bracer. Tsk tsk. 8/10

Working on it, been trying for Agi bracers and Ring, but the Gnomer Gods aren't shinning down on me.

He does play the bracket, and knowing the guy I can assure you that he knows more about theorycrafting and gearing than 99% of the bracket (no, I'm not even exaggerating). He is giving you good points with good reasoning, all you have to say against that is "well my gear works for me" "come que 29 i pwn u". Please, just stop.

If you make a thread asking to rate your toon or give gear suggestions, please be open to criticism and suggestions aswell. Don't be that guy.

Good to know, and again i have used criticism Ive got from players. And I'll use some of the same ones that i keep getting about bracers and rings, not even close to "That Guy" lol

Im open to constructive criticism and I have used it from players that posted in this thread. You said your piece and I told you why I have what i have, then you go on a rant about "Cool" factor with gf gear, personally it sounds like you're straight Welch's Jelly over it.

I'm not going to argue over your gear since you clearly didn't post here to take any advice. The reason I brought up the cool factor is because your gear really doesn't make sense, but anyone who gives you criticism on your GFed peices is clearly "Welch's Jelly" (whatever that even means).

Your sig is misleading as far as your activity in the 29s, you must not be proud of any you play.

Dat logic..

I'm not going to argue over your gear since you clearly didn't post here to take any advice. The reason I brought up the cool factor is because your gear really doesn't make sense, but anyone who gives you criticism on your GFed peices is clearly "Welch's Jelly" (whatever that even means).

Dat logic..

Once again, i have used criticism Ive receive from players and I will be trying to get bracers and rings that you and others have commented on. But that's totally not using advice from other people, thanks for you input, it is of some value.

Don't question us OG's, we know wtf we are doing.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ursin/Zèlpher/simpleHoly Paladin - The Bläck Company
Formerly of I Ride A Unicorn - Malygos - Vindication

Users who are viewing this thread