New Xpac notes

I haven't seen anything about bows... most of the abilities look like melee ;) Glaives will be a thing for sure, it's melee. I would guess it will play like a rogue that can't stealth with a warlocks metamorphosis burst/look.
i think you may get teleporting moves like shadow step and killing spree at low level

so they might finally add an ability to see stealth (not that rogues aren't worthless in group pvp but)

the fact that you can sit in stealth infinitely and for around 10 minutes unreportable in group pvp or

the fact that in wpvp you could cheap shot a low lvl/cloak/evasion/vanish and prep to do it again even against 50 people hunting you at once unable to kill you for the past 10 years

what an idiotic mechanic it was and still is

its like for the past 11 years they have been hiring grade A inbreds or something and finally hired a non imbecile and may introduce a counter to the whole infinite stealth thing

so they might finally add an ability to see stealth (not that rogues aren't worthless in group pvp but)

the fact that you can sit in stealth infinitely and for around 10 minutes unreportable in group pvp or

the fact that in wpvp you could cheap shot a low lvl/cloak/evasion/vanish and prep to do it again even against 50 people hunting you at once unable to kill you for the past 10 years

what an idiotic mechanic it was and still is

its like for the past 11 years they have been hiring grade A inbreds or something and finally hired a non imbecile and may introduce a counter to the whole infinite stealth thing

flare/faerie fire? :eek:

I wonder how they'll continue sylvanas' story and maiev's too. Last time I read about maiev she killed high elves in darnassus and claimed that she will return the kaldorei to their former glory... Seems that she may be a villain in the next expansion... Can't wait to see :)

They can add all the new raids, zones and classes they want, but at the end of the day they're going to lose all the subs they might gain from a new xpac in the following months, because this game has serious issues. They have a first rate art team, but their game designers are completely third rate, and are getting carried by the artist's talent.

• The content is rehashed, or ripped off from other games and implemented in a half assed way.
  • They don't engage with their community to the same extent as newer games, and the only public face we have is forum CMs who don't even talk to the devs. If there's a Q&A, then everything will be cherry picked, and they avoid giving answers on anything that isn't fanboy material. Other games' Q&As? I actually feel bad for the guys trying to give the answers, because they take all comers on their live streams.
  • In updating to modern game design methods, they chose to go with the Farmville and Zynga way, instead of the expanding F2P model, where you pay for prestige. Faster levelling, convenience and cosmetics.
  • Lastly, and most importantly, they do not fix shit. They have the battlenet client that can download patches and keep the game up to date, but do they use it? How often does this game see patches? While the game may look great, it is anything but polished when it come to how it functions. I have seen more actualy game development put into free to play games that have been out for under 2 years, than I have seen put into WoW over its 10+ year history.

PvP balance is completely fucked because Blizzard won't make the slightest effort to fix it. They only make changes when there's a major patch, which will of course introduce new gear/higher levels/new classes that completely break any balancing that might have been done (which only takes endgame into consideration).

Other games? They balance PvP by making small changes on an almost weekly basis, while Blizzard's attempts are knee-jerk and overkill, leaving the game as poorly balanced as it was before their fixes.

WoW has the potential to be a really good PvP game, with a different dev team.

Last edited by a moderator:
just jaunting down notes form the next ex-pack as well as different findings that might affect us in the long run. will edit as time goes on and other sites need be if i can't get all the information from the gamescom vid.

10:30 - 11:00: the into wait music definitely sounds new and awfully sounds like pirate music from all of the Disney's Caribbean movies (south sea's ex-pack?).

11:08 new vid, gul’dan finds a bizarre stone that could summon … illidan?

11:09 the burning legion is coming to azroth, going to the broken iles, 110 level cap, new honor system, relic weapons that looks like you can customize them, order hall for classes (new command table anyone?), new class demon hunter, and the new name is “World of warcarft: Legion” (Leg?)

11:12? Lore of the new content, 5-10 years= new surprise?, ashbringer/doomhamer is obtainable now, you can order the reputation people around now, illidan will show us his prospective on things, the past lore of sargarus, possibably add titans relics, dalaran is going to the broken iles (get your stones set there now to see content lol), malfuran/emerald dream, Vikings are coming, ruins of nightelfs/dying blue dragons, new taruan horns and highmoutain, and new race of elfs.

11:30, question what about traila and tralian, they are coming back.

11:31 36, new articats to use against the legion with unique quests depends on spec and/or class that will upgrade with time/quests with ability to change their power/look like the old tree specs. Lots of legendary weapons are coming back (hey arthis, I have your sword). Feral/gardian druids are getting upgrades … yea.

11:43 class orders, you can control the your class followers and they too are the same class as you. You are a priest, your followers are priests. You are a druid, your followers are druids. Etc. the base of operations are going to depend on what class you play.

11:46 It’s confirmed, class orders is garrison 2.0. with added details but nerfed rewards.

11:48 returning dungeons and raids are going to be more numerous now. “Halls of Valor” possible new dungeon for 20s? emerald dream/nightmare is going to be a thing.

11:59 demon hunter and character creation … gotta love their looks 0_o. dk look alike starter zone for them and probably a lvl specific to unlock if it’s going to repeat the dks. Two specs confirmed, Havoc (dps)/vengeance(tank). … dh is probably going to be op in battlegrounds and double jump?

12:09 new pvp 3.0 honor system, is a pvp talent system that unlock overtime to make your character stronger when you play more in bgs. Unlocks everything at level 50. Gain ranks over time to level up or spend your honor to change your appearance icon, get mounts, and unique pvp weapons.

found the mmo news artical: MMO-Champion - Legion is the next World of Warcraft expansion!

the youtube version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=4788&v=e1WIEl4hRvA

and the web page: Legion

Thanks for the TL;DR fam. Did not feel like going through the hour long whole vid.

I wonder how they'll continue sylvanas' story and maiev's too. Last time I read about maiev she killed high elves in darnassus and claimed that she will return the kaldorei to their former glory... Seems that she may be a villain in the next expansion... Can't wait to see :)

Highborn that is, and I hope she doesn't turn out to be a villain. Doing your duty for over 10K years, only to be killed by 25 scrubs in lfr is kinda sad. Also Sylvanas got a new model, and mmo chamion is freacking out because they added more armor. It's hilarious.

Highborn that is, and I hope she doesn't turn out to be a villain. Doing your duty for over 10K years, only to be killed by 25 scrubs in lfr is kinda sad. Also Sylvanas got a new model, and mmo chamion is freacking out because they added more armor. It's hilarious.

Well sylvanas with armor is not sylvanas

new information post here?
hunters,
Survival Hunters will be a melee class with pet going forward. (Melee hunter is back, I want to be Rexxar)
Beast Mastery Hunters will fight at range with a pet.
Marksmanship Hunters will fight at range with no pet.
Survival and Marksmanship have been too similar in the past, which is why they are being changed in Legion.

Demo warlocks
Demonology Warlocks will also be getting some bigger changes, focusing more on their demons.
Demonology Warlocks will be refocused on summoning and controlling demons rather than having Metamorphosis dominate. Other specs will still have access to demons.

Discipline Priests
Disc Priests are going to be a much more offensive healer after another pass on Atonement which will make it more interactive.
They will still have heals and PW:S, but they will sustain their healing through doing DPS.
Closer to 50% damage and 50% healing spec.
In the past, when Atonement was popular you would just spam Smite and Holy Fire all fight long and use the smart healing, which wasn't very interactive. This time, you may throw out some single target heals giving players a buff. Next time you Smite, people who have that buff will get your healing, and you will have to refresh the buff periodically.
These changes should fix the absorb heavy nature of Discipline Priests.

Holy Priests will still be all about healing.

I'm glad they changing the game into something new and interesting. It has been a fun ride with survival hunters hope the change works.

They can add all the new raids, zones and classes they want, but at the end of the day they're going to lose all the subs they might gain from a new xpac in the following months, because this game has serious issues. They have a first rate art team, but their game designers are completely third rate, and are getting carried by the artist's talent.

• The content is rehashed, or ripped off from other games and implemented in a half assed way.
  • They don't engage with their community to the same extent as newer games, and the only public face we have is forum CMs who don't even talk to the devs. If there's a Q&A, then everything will be cherry picked, and they avoid giving answers on anything that isn't fanboy material. Other games' Q&As? I actually feel bad for the guys trying to give the answers, because they take all comers on their live streams.
  • In updating to modern game design methods, they chose to go with the Farmville and Zynga way, instead of the expanding F2P model, where you pay for prestige. Faster levelling, convenience and cosmetics.
  • Lastly, and most importantly, they do not fix shit. They have the battlenet client that can download patches and keep the game up to date, but do they use it? How often does this game see patches? While the game may look great, it is anything but polished when it come to how it functions. I have seen more actualy game development put into free to play games that have been out for under 2 years, than I have seen put into WoW over its 10+ year history.

PvP balance is completely fucked because Blizzard won't make the slightest effort to fix it. They only make changes when there's a major patch, which will of course introduce new gear/higher levels/new classes that completely break any balancing that might have been done (which only takes endgame into consideration).

Other games? They balance PvP by making small changes on an almost weekly basis, while Blizzard's attempts are knee-jerk and overkill, leaving the game as poorly balanced as it was before their fixes.

WoW has the potential to be a really good PvP game, with a different dev team.

Great post, I know a lot of big time gamers say they like the idea but don't want to get too excited until more reliable evidence of efficiency. It is said they were working on this since mop so I hope it delivers more than the player base could wish for.People must not forget mop had boatload of content but just like cata ended with a 1year patch, even though 5.4 and 5.0/5.1 were the best patches in mop anyway.

You see that's the major problem with WoW. They try to make the entire expansion before doing a patch, and then when it's released they go to work on the next expansion. I've heard people who have worked for Blizzard refer to patch paralysis, where they want to fix things (and many would be a very simple task), but the people in charge won't let them because all the new content needs to get finished before anyone can consider fixing the old.

Most of the other games I play have a much more frequent release schedule, with new content every couple of months, and fixes for that content in between. The entire culture inside these companies differs from Blizzard, in that if people see a problem, they are allowed to fix it (and EVE has a team of devs whose main job is fixing small problems).

Compare this with WoW, where a lot of players complain about having nothing to do once they've got all their raid gear, and yet there will be a ton of the world content they haven't seen. It's nice having a choice as to where to quest for your levelling, but we level so fast that you can get to 100 without even going into a lot of the world zones, so dev time could have been better spent making more raid/dungeon/battleground content, than on a lot of world content that won't get used.

You see that's the major problem with WoW. They try to make the entire expansion before doing a patch, and then when it's released they go to work on the next expansion. I've heard people who have worked for Blizzard refer to patch paralysis, where they want to fix things (and many would be a very simple task), but the people in charge won't let them because all the new content needs to get finished before anyone can consider fixing the old.

Most of the other games I play have a much more frequent release schedule, with new content every couple of months, and fixes for that content in between. The entire culture inside these companies differs from Blizzard, in that if people see a problem, they are allowed to fix it (and EVE has a team of devs whose main job is fixing small problems).

Compare this with WoW, where a lot of players complain about having nothing to do once they've got all their raid gear, and yet there will be a ton of the world content they haven't seen. It's nice having a choice as to where to quest for your levelling, but we level so fast that you can get to 100 without even going into a lot of the world zones, so dev time could have been better spent making more raid/dungeon/battleground content, than on a lot of world content that won't get used.

Oh I see where that can be a huge problem lol I forgot that after a release or what ever they could very well just start working on another xpac rather than focus of the current fixing problems and even implementing more content through patches.

Users who are viewing this thread