New way to identify locations in WSG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogueninexo

Legend
Hello everyone.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is puzzled for a second when someone in the BG calls out that a flag is going 'east' or 'west', and 'ramp', 'gy' and 'tun' don't all give accurate descriptions as to how far down into mid they are, how close to the base they are, or if they're in between 'ramp' and 'gy'.

What i have done is created a grid, much like a chess board, but one to identify the exact location of a flag carrier, person of interest, rogue in stealth etc!

KbKMy.png

Feel free to show this to your friends, let's try to get every twink from 1-80 to use this system. If we can do this i think games would increase in quality and the twinking experience would be a much more enjoyable one.

Thanks!
-r9

Oh and also, i'm not too great with macros. So if anyone wants to create a few to help people out with calling out locations easier it would be much appreciated!

If someone can't understand east/west and ramp/gy, I do not see how a complex grid system is going to be any better for them ;x

"g3" is much more unimformative than simply "roof". In "g3" a player could be in the tunnel, in the flag room, in the little room in the flag room, inside on the second floor, outside on the second floor, or on the roof or even heading up to the roof. I agree with discover. it's much, much easier to just say the name of the location than to try and do some coordinate stuff (as if the community could actually implement an idea like this). And what about to the majority of "twinks" that aren't on twinkinfo? I mean, a good player will know what "tunnel" is but will have no idea what you're talking about if you say "B3".

i agree that positional call outs could use some work, but a grid system with 35 sections is far too complicated to catch on. Perhaps if you toned it down a bit and just include mid, have less than 10 sections, or remap the way its sectioned off using varying sizes with logic behind them rather than a literal grid it would work better.

Why is this revolutionary new strategy confined to the 15-19 forum? To truly succeed in making this a twinkdom-wide movement, R9, you must further spread the word.

I do agree this is to complex to catch on...but its not exactly a bad Idea. For people who dont know tho....bye the time the Flag Carrier is in Mid/Half way across Mid, it will show up on your map. And to be honest you shouldnt rely to much on Other players for the information. Shift-M is a great tool to have a small semi transparent map on your Screen so once a FC enters mid You should be able to figure out a accurate angle of pursuit. I honestly dont know why I dont see more Screen Shots with the Small Map on the screen.

Dory, I have plans to spread this to other twinkinfo and official wow forums - my plan was to see how people here reacted to it first before i attempt to make it more well known.

The feedback I've received in-game and on this forum makes me think that people are ready to embrace this strategy, and i plan on making a few posts tomorrow morning, way past my bed time now. Off to bed!

If you script an addon then this would be a lot more efficient, I suppose

1. Open your map while playing in warsong gulch.
2. Find a pen.
3. Take invisible tape.
4. Tape your whole screen.
5. Draw the positions with your pen.
6. Win all your games.

"g3" is much more unimformative than simply "roof". In "g3" a player could be in the tunnel, in the flag room, in the little room in the flag room, inside on the second floor, outside on the second floor, or on the roof or even heading up to the roof. I agree with discover. it's much, much easier to just say the name of the location than to try and do some coordinate stuff (as if the community could actually implement an idea like this). And what about to the majority of "twinks" that aren't on twinkinfo? I mean, a good player will know what "tunnel" is but will have no idea what you're talking about if you say "B3".

R9 and I talked at great lengths about this and as it was a short sight in our initial plans, we do intent to modify the current map to include the third dimension.

As we see it right now the coordinates will only be changed by adding a(n) α/β/γ (Alpha/Beta/Gamma respectively of course)

So, for example: lets say the Horde FC is half way up ramp to roof - he would simply be in the A3 section with a mid-elevation (Beta).

Thus we can conclude that the Horde FC is in Sector A3β

Thanks for embracing this new tactic, its going to really help out all of the brackets

: )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread