New to the bracket in classic is wall glitching the whole game now?

Yes, but you are not utilizing that, and they obviously can't ban everyone that has firmware running in their memory, which is how they scan for 3rd party software usage. It's quite logical.
your logic is pretty backwards. whether blizzard feels like enforcing or not doesnt change anything about the fact that any software capable of automation is against tos regardless of u using that aspect of it or not

i agree that they probably wont do shit about it, they barely even deal with actual bots but dont tell ppl its within tos when its quite evidently not

your logic is pretty backwards. whether blizzard feels like enforcing or not doesnt change anything about the fact that any software capable of automation is against tos regardless of u using that aspect of it or not

i agree that they probably wont do shit about it, they barely even deal with actual bots but dont tell ppl its within tos when its quite evidently not

Let's say they magically enforce it to such a massive degree they start banning on firmware usage as well. How do you think that's gonna work out lol? Firmware is definitely within ToS. It's stupid otherwise. Like just plain stupid.

Let's say they magically enforce it to such a massive degree they start banning on firmware usage as well. How do you think that's gonna work out lol? Firmware is definitely within ToS. It's stupid otherwise. Like just plain stupid.
ok mate are u actually trying to read or nah

also u might wanna look up what firmware actually is before using the term

Everyone can do what they wish : )

Blizzard says it's illegal to use a timed set of actions based on a single press. It's also illegal to use looped actions. Blizzard says it's illegal to use 3rd party software (regardless of it's running on an external device providing input or not).

Personally I feel like breaking the Terms of Service in a PVP setting is unfair and won't do it.

I also don't expect Blizzard to ban you for it, they've gone soft.

Blizzard only cares about money.. they might ban you for 24-48 hours and that's about it... but I highly doubt you will get banned lol

ok mate are u actually trying to read or nah

also u might wanna look up what firmware actually is before using the term

All I'm saying is there is nowhere they will ever initiate a banwave on people who happen to have gaming devices that comes with firmware. How many are using razer products for instance? Corsair? And the list goes on.

And yes firmware is the correct term because you are using software that acts as a control mechanism to a specific hardware device, i.e. a mouse, keyboard or both etc.

Last edited:
All I'm saying is there is nowhere they will ever initiate a banwave on people who happen to have gaming devices that comes with firmware. How many are using razer products for instance? Corsair? And the list goes on.

And yes firmware is the correct term because you are using software that acts as a control mechanism to a specific hardware device, i.e. a mouse, keyboard or both etc.
thats great and nobody argued against it. doesnt change whether its within tos tho

yea firmware really isnt what u think it is. think of firmware as sth like a bios for your mouse or keyboard if that makes it easier to understand. what ur using to create your macros isnt firmware, its gaming software. youre welcome

firmware really isnt what u think it is. think of firmware as sth like a bios for your mouse or keyboard if that makes it easier to understand. what ur using to create your macros isnt firmware, its gaming software. youre welcome

What you're mentioning is ONE aspect of firmware, it's not the sole requirement. It can be an OS etc. as you glance at, but as long as it acts as a controller of some specific hardware device (brand and/or product) it is considered firmware. And this is exactly what software that's specific towards razer equipment, corsair equipment etc. etc. is.

Your razer firmware for your mouse does NOT interact with ANY OTHER brand, product or hardware, making it FIRMWARE.

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Razer/

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025278572-Update-device-firmware-with-iCUE

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-gaming-mouse-firmware-works/

You're welcome.

It's okay that you had to look up the term to make sure you understood.
But next time you're in doubt, you could do more research than skim Wikipedia for 10 seconds and believe you have some sort of correctional argument to make because you now believe you have a better understanding from that.

Last edited:
as someone who dualboots linux, there's definitely a difference between the firmware that resides in the mouse itself and the software that pairs with it on windows and has a little taskbar icon, where usually the heavy duty macro work is done.

as someone who dualboots linux, there's definitely a difference between the firmware that resides in the mouse itself and the software that pairs with it on windows and has a little taskbar icon, where usually the heavy duty macro work is done.

Of course, it's not about the different functionality of what and where the firmware resides, it's the term and its usage. Firmware is more than simply embedded. That's what I'm getting at.

maybe i misunderstand, but aren't you arguing that the kind of complex macros that are being discussed are accomplished in a mouse's firmware? that's just not the case. firmware ~generally~ is limited to remapping a button to another individual keypress. anything beyond that needs software to go with it.

What you're mentioning is ONE aspect of firmware, it's not the sole requirement. It can be an OS etc. as you glance at, but as long as it acts as a controller of some specific hardware device (brand and/or product) it is considered firmware. And this is exactly what software that's specific towards razer equipment, corsair equipment etc. etc. is.

Your razer firmware for your mouse does NOT interact with ANY OTHER brand, product or hardware, making it FIRMWARE.

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Razer/

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025278572-Update-device-firmware-with-iCUE

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-gaming-mouse-firmware-works/

You're welcome.

It's okay that you had to look up the term to make sure you understood.
But next time you're in doubt, you could do more research than skim Wikipedia for 10 seconds and believe you have some sort of correctional argument to make because you now believe you have a better understanding from that.
gj u linked a bunch of stuff u dont understand. idk why ur doubling down on this despite clearly being uninformed. yes your peripherals use firmware. no the software youre using to program them isnt said firmware.

one of the links u provided literally explains how to update FIRMWARE using the gaming SOFTWARE.
another one specifically links to firmware downloads and to nobodys surprise u wont find razer synapse or logitech gaming software in that category. like jfc mate at least read what youre linking instead of accusing me of skimming wikipedia.

unlike you (evidently) i actually work in IT. admittedly not in software development but i still picked up enough about it to at least be able to differentiate between gaming software and firmware.

Last edited:
the easy way to verify such is to program a macro, uninstall the software, and see if the button still does the thing. thankfully, the blinkenlights settings reside in firmware so i don't have a damn glowing rainbow when i'm on linux after i've set it to be off using the windows software.

the easy way to verify such is to program a macro, uninstall the software, and see if the button still does the thing. thankfully, the blinkenlights settings reside in firmware so i don't have a damn glowing rainbow when i'm on linux after i've set it to be off using the windows software.
the macros dont even work if you dont have the gaming software running, no need to uninstall

gj u linked a bunch of stuff u dont understand. idk why ur doubling down on this despite clearly being uninformed. yes your peripherals use firmware. no the software youre using to program them isnt said firmware.

one of the links u provided literally explains how to update FIRMWARE using the gaming SOFTWARE.
another one specifically links to firmware downloads and to nobodys surprise u wont find razer synapse or logitech gaming software in that category. like jfc mate at least read what youre linking instead of accusing me of skimming wikipedia.

unlike you (evidently) i actually work in IT. admittedly not in software development but i still picked up enough about it to at least be able to differentiate between gaming software and firmware.

I LITERALLY work in software. I am telling you, when a piece of software is TIED TO A SPECIFIC PIECE OF HARDWARE (BRAND, COMPANY, COMPMONENT ETC), DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT'S ON AN EMBEDDED LEVEL OR APPLICATION LEVEL, THEN IT IS CONSIDERED FIRMWARE.

When that piece of software acts as a control mechanism to a specific company's hardware component, then IT IS FIRMWARE.

There is a reason why the gaming companies refer to their own control panel software as FIRMWARE. Like fuck.

If you set up a mouse macro through the firmware, and then uninstall it, the macro won't work anymore while the core functionality of the mouse of course will. That's because there is a difference between embedded level of firmware and application level. Both are considered firmware because they directly control the behavior of the hardware's functionality.

Last edited:
I LITERALLY work in software. I am telling you, when a piece of software is TIED TO A SPECIFIC PIECE OF HARDWARE (BRAND, COMPANY, COMPMONENT ETC), DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT'S ON AN EMBEDDED LEVEL OR APPLICATION LEVEL, THEN IT IS CONSIDERED FIRMWARE.

When that piece of software acts as a control mechanism to a specific company's hardware component, then IT IS FIRMWARE.

There is a reason why the gaming companies refer to their own control panel software as FIRMWARE. Like fuck.

If you set up a mouse macro through the firmware, and then uninstall it, the macro won't work anymore while the core functionality of the mouse of course will. That's because there is a difference between embedded level of firmware and application level. Both are considered firmware because they directly control the behavior of the hardware's functionality.
first off, firmware has nothing to do with companies mate.

secondly, no they do not refer to their gaming softwares as firmware

https://www.razer.com/synapse-2 "unified configuration software"
https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/icue "iCUE software"
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-za/articles/360025298133 "Logitech G HUB software"

i really fucking hope u dont think firmware is called firmware bc it is for hardware from a specific firm

thirdly, gaming software is also not tied to any specific piece of hardware nor does it actually communicate directly with any hardware at all

since weve now learned that gaming software is not firmware im sure we can agree on the fact that you are not using the firmware to set up the macro, you are using software.

now please stop spouting uninformed bullshit, thank u kindly

Last edited:
first off, firmware has nothing to do with companies mate.

secondly, no they do not refer to their gaming softwares as firmware

https://www.razer.com/synapse-2 "unified configuration software"
https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/icue "iCUE software"
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-za/articles/360025298133 "Logitech G HUB software"

i really fucking hope u dont think firmware is called firmware bc it is for hardware from a specific firm

thirdly, gaming software is also not tied to any specific piece of hardware nor does it actually communicate directly with any hardware at all

since weve now learned that gaming software is not firmware im sure we can agree on the fact that you are not using the firmware to set up the macro, you are using software.

now please stop spouting uninformed bullshit, thank u kindly

It's called firmware because it is something that resides between software and hardware. Sigh.

i work in software too. for many years. with a degree. even a device driver is considered software. the word designates where the code resides, not what it does.

https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-difference-between-hardware-firmware-and-software

Ascher Opler coined the term 'firmware' in a 1967 article. Originally, it meant the contents of a writable control store (a small specialized high speed memory), containing microcode that defined and implemented the computer's instruction set. It was not composed of CPU machine instructions, but of lower-level microcode involved in the implementation of machine instructions. It was only after the invention of the microprocessor (and later microcontroller) that firmware began to be associated with the programs that ran on these devices.

Users who are viewing this thread