New to the 20s Twinking First Try Need Some Help

So I actually bought the Mark of the Claw enchant to test for the +7 Crit and Haste since I already have a Crit/Haste build. Having +14 stats seems pretty good, wonder why no one mentions it?
It's really good for caster specs that dont need/want mastery which is... like 2 of them. So noone really mentions it because its satyr or trained soldier for the majority of people. But I run it on my balance druid and can confirm, its quite good as far as neck enchants go. Procs consistently enough.

Well been unsubbed for 2 days and the Prot Pal actually has done better than I expected. It obviously has a lot against him being a Tank and not enough talents or stats. However the Mastery build works in any BG where being focused at all Holy Shield is my 2nd in damage. I have 5228 HP and still can get nuked "IF" I don't block or have no healers/support. However has been fun unless there are a lot of premades which Horde seems to do and cheese so I just leave those BGs.

Not sure why do premades with 4-6 healers but that isn't fun for anyone so I get my HKs and leave lol... Best to save my consumes for a real BG. Also seems that there aren't a lot of BGs being played (guess game is deader than ever) Three times on Sunday I left a BG on my Spriest and rejoined the very same BG on my Prot. It was only hilarious in one instance as one of the BGs was Kotmogu so I just Divine Shield and killed their premade mid and left. That is how winning is done. ;)

Anyways surprisingly can win most 1v1 even against hunters as you can block and reflect damage back at them and when they try to run away you got big judgements to kill them.

Anyways a pic of Holy shield
[doublepost=1653429720,1653429370][/doublepost]Now as for the Spriest I have enjoyed him a lot and it's fun to have the very different play styles between Prot who is super slow and Spriest who is about melting and spread crit damage with his Haste/Crit build. Have had a couple matches over 100k dmg and really feel like Haste/Crit allows me to do better against melee. I can get the damage out and be a threat to them and the Crit bubbles or heals are huge in many situations.

SpriestT23KB.jpg
Spriest100k.jpg

Attachments

• ProtTwink2.jpg
    ProtTwink2.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Had a decent game on my Prot Pal today in EotS lead in damage and KBs and actually had a good healer topping me off which really allowed Holy Shield to do it's job and reflect damage back at everyone pounding on me. So just stand in Conc pick off ppl with big judgements melee pets build Holy Power and either WoG or SoR. Overall like the utility even if my haste is in the gutter cause I can silence into HOJ.

Also my Holy Shield did 12k dmg which is pretty good also feel great in any melee 1v1 or even against hunter/caster.
ProtPalTwinkHS1.jpg
ProtPalTwinkDmg1.jpg

Mern here to be fair you had 4 heals on you that game and we had zero
Yea thought that made the pic worth sharing. Mern here wasnt a premade and you had 4 heals on you all game runnin with a pack of 9 of ya whole we had 0 heals so calm down a lil bit. Funny tho cause i said same thing how fuck that prot pally get top dmg.

Yea not sure why it was low that BG definitely not the typical hunter premade for sure lol. Premades are gross.

Mern here to be fair you had 4 heals on you that game and we had zero

That is a first didn't think we had that many? Didn't see you had no heals, usually I have zero heals and Horde has 6 with their silly premades. Which is why it was a nice to finally have a heal on Alliance.

Last edited:
Feeling really strong on my Spriest after the buff to Absorb and fix of the crit Absorb since I'm running a Haste/Crit build. Really almost can't lose a 1v1 can just melt them before they can get through the absorbs every 5 secs and running Void Shield to keep replenishing it.
[doublepost=1654217467,1654216118][/doublepost]Just had my best game feels super strong now since I'm used to the bugged absorb, nice it was fixed. Was owning it up!

Spriest28KB.jpg

Feeling really strong on my Spriest after the buff to Absorb and fix of the crit Absorb since I'm running a Haste/Crit build. Really almost can't lose a 1v1 can just melt them before they can get through the absorbs every 5 secs and running Void Shield to keep replenishing it.
[doublepost=1654217467,1654216118][/doublepost]Just had my best game feels super strong now since I'm used to the bugged absorb, nice it was fixed. Was owning it up!

View attachment 21002
thought it said only disc got that buff

No it was both. There was a 10% PvP buff then they fixed the bug that broke Crit Heal Absorbs.

So my Crit absorb went up 28% Went from 750 Crit up too 960 Crit Absorbs. So in my Haste/Crit build when I get those Crit Aborbs it's really a life saver with these 2 changes.

it pretty clearly states its a buff for disc and shadow.

PRIEST
  • Discipline
    • Blaze of Light (PvP Talent) increases damage to Smite and Penance by 30% (was 15%).
  • Discipline, Shadow
    • Power Word: Shield absorb amount increased by 10% in PvP.
    • Fixed a bug that reduced the value of Power Word: Shield critical strikes in PvP.

Haven't played my Twinks in months. Been doing WotLK and DF prep. Seems like a lot changed though and not sure if I want to be put in with Xpoff brackets not sure if this merger will work.

With that said can you get a item level 37 one hand weapon for Prot? If so then it might be worth experimenting with this build. Since new powerful enchants open up with Mastery gems. The key though would be a item level 37 weapon.

I took a quick look in AH doesn't seem like there are any or if possible as I never played the 29 bracket.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread