New PvP trinket in 5.2

Franciska

Legend
For people who really are crazy about resi won't be let down (hopefully) in 5.2

BoA Shields, an new fancy offhand caster item and renamed old BoA's, we hopefully get this baby aswell when the patch lands.

Inherited Mark of Tyranny - Item - World of Warcraft

Its purpose might be the same as the Battle Standard, but it does offer more resi...but nonetheless it will grant players some more resi to mitigrate some damage with and stay longer in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably wont be available to F2Ps as it scales to 85 and atm we can only get those that scales to 80 while those that scale to 85 are guild things.
Probably a way for blizzard to get more gold out of the system.

Very wrong. It shares cooldowns with other trinkets that do the same thing, which are called "Battlemaster trinkets."

Oops, my bad. I'll fix the OP for that. I knew i had overseen something. Haven't pvp'd in a while with these kind of trinkets and forgot about it.

Probably wont be available to F2Ps as it scales to 85 and atm we can only get those that scales to 80 while those that scale to 85 are guild things.
Probably a way for blizzard to get more gold out of the system.

All heirlooms will scale to 85 next patch, not just the guild heirlooms. However guild heirlooms will obviously still be unobtainable for us. *sigh* But i just made this thread since F2P's want to stay up to date with the newest additions that might be in for them every patch.

Heirlooms will now scale to level 85. Additionally, there are new heirlooms, including intellect plate, shields, and off-hands: Weathered Observer's Shield, Flamescarred Draconian Deflector, Immaculate Lightforge Spaulders, Musty Tome of the Lost, and more. Check out the full list of new and modified heirlooms here.

Source: http://www.wowhead.com/news=209326/5-2-ptr-build-16408-new-items-spell-changes-tier-15-armor

Last edited by a moderator:
Some additional info from mmochampion post: MMO-Champion - Patch 5.2 - Warlock Island, New Heirloom Items Cost, Blue Posts, The Daily Blink

Patch 5.2 adds several new Heirloom items that scale to level 85. These are upgraded versions of current heirlooms and can be purchased with the old heirloom and Justice Points.

The Justice Points cost is the same as it is for the level 80 version. The new shields cost 2175 Justice Points.

See the screenshot for the upgraded costs http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/january/heirloom85Cost.jpg

The upgraded versions don't have increased stats at L20, just a new name and ability to scale to L85.

New items that matter:
Brawler's Bladed Claws - Fist Weapons - Weapons - Items - WowDB (PTR)
Flamescarred Draconian Deflector - Shields - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
Weathered Observer's Shield - Shields - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
Musty Tome of the Lost - Off Hand - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
Inherited Mark of Tyranny - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)

These appear to be obtainable by F2Ps.

I didn't even try to scale the heirlooms shields, but they seem inferior to anything available to F2P's. Bummer. And the BoA upgrade costs to level 85 are insane.

off topic: i was looking through the wowhead post and saw the new hunters mark mechanic, it automaticaly applies with an arcane shot and allows tracking. i know all decent hunters apply t anyways but it seems cheap to automatically apply it with arcane shot.
on topic: after scaling the BoA shields, they look terrible compared to everything we can get, maybe they will at least make good mogs :/

I can confirm from the ptr:
Flamescarred Draconian Deflector - Shields - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
6stam 4str 4parry at lvl 20 but no armor (yet?)

Weathered Observer's Shield - Shields - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
6stam 4int 4spirit at lvl 20 but no armor (yet?) as well

Musty Tome of the Lost - Off Hand - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
6stam 4int 4haste at lvl 20

All three of them can be bought from the usual vendors for 2175 jp

Inherited Mark of Tyranny - Trinkets - Armor - Items - WowDB (PTR)
however cannot be bought (yet)

off topic: i was looking through the wowhead post and saw the new hunters mark mechanic, it automaticaly applies with an arcane shot and allows tracking. i know all decent hunters apply t anyways but it seems cheap to automatically apply it with arcane shot.
on topic: after scaling the BoA shields, they look terrible compared to everything we can get, maybe they will at least make good mogs :/
R they keeping it a seperate cast as well, or can hunters no longer mark rogues from china

R they keeping it a seperate cast as well, or can hunters no longer mark rogues from china

Yeah I'm hoping they don't go through with this change... it just takes away from its utility. Though if it cuts back on a gcd it could be good, and perhaps really good when slinging arcane shots from one target to the next. Idk, what would be the point of this change when they could just buff arcane shot's damage instead and have a similar effect?

Yeah I'm hoping they don't go through with this change... it just takes away from its utility. Though if it cuts back on a gcd it could be good, and perhaps really good when slinging arcane shots from one target to the next. Idk, what would be the point of this change when they could just buff arcane shot's damage instead and have a similar effect?

Destro locks might aswell get Immolate instantly on all targets they hit with Conflagrate.

But why no resil tome? :/

I find it hilarious it took them so long to make this change

OT,

"In addition, Preparation is now a level 68 ability, instead of a level 60 talent.

dafuq :D

Since weather observer's shield has the same stats as shield of the stocks, would skillpatch now be BiS for ele/resto as well as holy? (assuming you will never fish for LFH)
depends on the armor of the shields but i can seee it being viable for resto and holly . ele is kinda different since they get hit from spirit as well but it very well may be biss for them as well . i would like to see how much armor is on that new shield as it can a decent factor in your choice

Users who are viewing this thread