Need Advice on Leveling Northend Enchanting

What is the best way for f2p to level Northend Enchanting for weapon Spellpower enchant?

I heard that learning Abyssal Shatter so that we can disenchanting Abyss Crystal (obtainable from gear purchased from vendors) is the way to level. But Abyssal Shatter requires level 15 NE Enchanting. Does that mean we still need to farm greens for the mats until we reach level 15? If that is true, which place is the best farming spot for level 20 f2p? The farming spots i found so far thru googling are all in lvl25 zones and are difficult to reach w/o flying mounts. What are the farming spots for level 20?

Last edited:
get gold cap, buy the blues and epics from the vendors in the horde/alliance area beside the ah robot. d/e those to 25 then use abysal shatter until around 40. after that just do anything yellow until they are all green. Then I go tuskars vit until 75.

my test result:
1. the cheapest blue costs ~7g. Disenchanting each gives 1 level to me up to ~17. Thereafter i couldn't even get 1 level by d/e 11 pieces
2. the cheapest epic costs ~82g (costs slightly more than 11 blue) disenchanting it gives 1 Abyss Crystal (but no level) which can be disenchanted by Abyssal Shatter to Infinite Dust/cosmic essence and gives 1 level.

Last edited:
Like everyone else is saying, just disenchanting gloves will get you it. You'll want to buy about 30 to 50 rare gloves for dream shards, and maybe 60 to 100 purple gloves, depends how your luck is. Shouldn't cost you more than 1000 to max it.

To find the vendors:
for horde idk what the building is called but its the one to the right of the portal to org
and for Alliance its in the portal room but up the stairs on the right at the end of the hall, right by the auction house

Edit: to actually answer your question

You can disenchant purples up until around 20 and get skill for it, so you can learn Shatter and a few other recipes without actually making anything.

If you are a Monk or Demon Hunter, its harder because the vendors don't sell you the cheap stuff, even if you change the selection to show all.
man thank you i was losing my mind wondering why the fuck i couldn't find these cheap d/es everyone was talking about

Users who are viewing this thread