Naxx Shoulder Enchant Q/A [Classic]

If I can only buy 1 enchant for my 19 rogue, and with a view to playing the rogue in TBC, should i get the AP or Stamina enchant?

Second question: for level 39 twinks its mostly possible to get aldor/scryer enchants if ilevel is >35 right?

If I can only buy 1 enchant for my 19 rogue, and with a view to playing the rogue in TBC, should i get the AP or Stamina enchant?
If you're only buying one, I would personally suggest the Fortitude enchant as you will likely get more use overall from additional suitability than situation damage increases.

Second question: for level 39 twinks its mostly possible to get aldor/scryer enchants if ilevel is >35 right?
I'm afraid I do not know on this one.

As far as i can tell the BC chants will need to be trade window glitched like the ZG ones. I imagine they will crack down on these as well. I would go AP if u can. Stam prob gonna be lot cheaper tho and also quite useful. GL!

I have the following dilemma and am seeking some advice:
- I got a level 19 hunter, level 29 hunter, and level 39 rogue
- Naxx stamina enchants go for 1-1.5k on my server so relatively cheap, AP enchant i cannot get cheaper than 5k
- So far I acquired 3 stamina enchants. 1 on the serpent shoulders for the level 19, 1 on the cutthroat mantle for the level 29, and 1 on the flintrock shoulders for the level 39 sword rogue

I now have the opportunity to buy ONLY 1 of the AP enchants and I am debating which item and for which bracket/char to use it for. This is where I would like your opinion. Here are my questions/thoughts:

1) How strong is the AP enchant in the different brackets?
I understand it is pretty sick at level 19, but the higher I move in the bracket, the less impact it may make. Someone told me its 5% crit for a level 19 rogue but I lack the experience to judge if that is sensible or not

2) Can I use Scryer/Aldor enchant for the shoulders of my 39?
I understand it requires item level >35 but want to make sure. Then I could put TBC enchants on Flintrock Shoulders for example

3) For level 19/29, is Naxx the only option I have?
I understand the ZG shoulder enchants cannot be done anymore

3) How expensive might Aldor/Scryer rep be?
It takes 120 hand-ins to reach exalted for aldor/scryer. Assuming the items cost less than 40g per piece, it ends up being the same or cheaper than a 5k naxx enchant for me today. I could therefore settle for a slightly less powerful TBC enchant for my rogue's attack power set, and use the Naxx AP enchant on my level 19/29.
I found this post that compares naxx and tbc shoulder enchants but its for level 70 and based on subjective stat weights of course but at least its something, maybe useful to some of you: https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwowtbc/comments/ji56en/naxx_vs_tbc_shoulder_enchants/

4) Which item would you use the AP enchant on in the various brackets?
For the level 29, I got hold of a Mantle of Thieves which I could use for the AP set and switch to the cutthroat with the stamina enchant for a more tanky/balanced setup. Honestly for the level 19 hunter I guess I would just use a second pair of Serpents Shoulders and I have seen Anexa do that too, so that should be fine. Would it be a second pair of Flintrock Shoulders for the 39 rogue?

5) Which bracket do you think is hottest in TBC?

6) With a view to world PvP in TBC what twink do you recommend?
For example, can a 49 twink kill level 70s in green gear or would I need a 59 twink for that? Or would you go for a 39 and roam around the world with 1-2 friends? I find the worldpvp on my 19 and 29 twink too one-dimensional with too few options to travel the world and that was the first reason to go for a rogue at 39.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond and share your thoughts!

Last edited:
1) How strong is the AP enchant in the different brackets?
I understand it is pretty sick at level 19, but the higher I move in the bracket, the less impact it may make. Someone told me its 5% crit for a level 19 rogue but I lack the experience to judge if that is sensible or not

I think stam enchant is BiS in vanilla and the attack power one should be BiS in TBC with the leg armor (for my preference)

unknown.png

you don't notice any significant damage increase with the AP one, not even in 19s. Especially not on a hunter.

BUT could still be worth to get the AP one on https://classic.wowhead.com/item=5404/serpents-shoulders just in case you can transfer your twink to TBC. Because the item will be soulbound in TBC and then it might be too late to get anyone to enchant it.

It isn't ensured that we can transfer our twinks to TBC however, if I know Blizzard right then I assume they will fuck us twinks over and put a lvl 58+ requirement on transfering to TBC. It is just my usual experience with blizzard :)

Also, the AP one's crit chance is changing in TBC

unknown.png

don't know how much 14 crit rating is in % crit chance

I personally wait with the enchants for other items than the serpent shoulders. Should still be obtainable in TBC + prices are going down quite rapidly atm.

I would probably go for the stam one on each char other than healer or glass cannon twinks

but that's just my preference

Hi mate, thanks so much for your detailed response. With the TBC leg enchant I can see why you say that the Naxx stamina enchant may just have less value compared to the AP one.

Do you have any insight to share with regards to which brackets are the most interesting ones in TBC?

Also, what do you think about my Aldor/Scryer plan for the 39 twink?

Hi mate, thanks so much for your detailed response. With the TBC leg enchant I can see why you say that the Naxx stamina enchant may just have less value compared to the AP one.

Do you have any insight to share with regards to which brackets are the most interesting ones in TBC?

Also, what do you think about my Aldor/Scryer plan for the 39 twink?

19 > 39 > 29 > 49 in terms of popularity

I'll personally go 29 because it's where I farmed in vanilla to wotlk - and it gets rather interesting in TBC :)

I think you got to scratch the idea of having TBC rep shoulder enchants.
It's unknown for us all how it will turn out, but I trust this comment ↓
As far as i can tell the BC chants will need to be trade window glitched like the ZG ones. I imagine they will crack down on these as well. I would go AP if u can. Stam prob gonna be lot cheaper tho and also quite useful. GL!

...that it can only be done with trade bug.
Something that got hotfixed in vanilla Classic and I expect Blizzard to bring the fix to TBC. So prepare for the worst in that regard, don't expect to have those enchants

and it gets rather interesting in TBC

What do you mean by that please?

I think you got to scratch the idea of having TBC rep shoulder enchants.

Oh man, I feel stupid, I just looked at the required level and it says 64 so as you say, it will require a glitch/batch and farming the rep on a level 19/29/39 would be completely useless

19 > 39 > 29 > 49 in terms of popularity

I would like to test a twink that has a mount and is more mobile. Maybe even one that can kill some level 70. Will 49 or 59 be feasible in TBC?

I’ve been selling these enchants on Arugal Horde pretty frequently.
Stam 2k
AP 7k
Heal 3.5k
SP 3.5k
If anyone needs these, can contact me on Discord - Arrowsong#5184 - Prices are firm set by guild since its guild gold, Arugal gold is also the only option of payment.

okay, the prices have dropped significally now. I've bought https://classic.wowhead.com/item=23549/fortitude-of-the-scourge for 300 - 750g this weekend.

Any updates on the other enchants so I can update the main post with the average price?
yup. stam are dropping on H whitemane. Ap are going up as gdkp are bidding them up for resales to twinks. just got my Ap ones for 3k equivalent trade. most people are selling for 3.5 - 4k.

Updated the main post.

TBC beta is out now, so better get the enchant ASAP while people are still raiding Naxx.

The way I find enchanters is to go to wowhead then in-game link it
unknown.png

then I use the link to WTB spam in the trade chat

7cf71f6a200ad193e071bba546b58298.png
[/QUOTE]

So, I prepping for my draenei shaman. I got the +31 5mp5 (Resilience of the Scourge) on my main yesterday, and want to give it to my soon to be lvl 60 alliance shaman. Can i buy a Magician's Mantle now, enchant it, and then trade/send it to my future shaman?

So, I prepping for my draenei shaman. I got the +31 5mp5 (Resilience of the Scourge) on my main yesterday, and want to give it to my soon to be lvl 60 alliance shaman. Can i buy a Magician's Mantle now, enchant it, and then trade/send it to my future shaman?[/QUOTE]

yes, of course, altho i don't get why you would want a lvl 20 item enchanted on a lvl 60+ char ?
Btw blood elves and draeneis will release in the prepatch of TBC - an earlier stage, before TBC classic releases.

Users who are viewing this thread