F2P Mythical Treasure Chest Hunting Guide

@Fat Al Yeah! Sorry about that lol, I forgot this was a chest only thread lol. I was just excited haha, never gotten a scaled peashooter.

No problem at all! Congrats on the drop!

Here's another Wetlands Treasure Chest Rare BoE drop:

xOYYxRd.jpg

It seems to me that most of the chests in Wetlands yield Rare BoEs. While the dungeon chests tend to have Uncommon BoEs more often.

Doesn't look very good, but a fun addition to the collection nonetheless:

WUtixav.jpg

Anyone else do any Treasure Chest Hunting recently?

WoWScrnShot_041319_093948.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041319_093959.jpg
i just got to bloodmyst and no chests...the ones on azuremyst are all "tattered chests" but i cannot interact with them? Is this a new thing?

Last edited:
@Fat Al - I would love to farm a Keller Girdle or Sanguine Belt.

Are they always scaled to level 18 when looted on a 20 from one of these chests?

Loot from Treasure Chests doesn't scale at all. It is of a fixed item level from before level scaling was implemented. https://www.wowhead.com/item=2911/kellers-girdle un-scaled will always be item level 23, with level requirement of 18. I believe the un-scaled version of the https://www.wowhead.com/item=14373/sanguine-belt is item level 25, with a requirement of level 20.

Thanks - I saw a player with a https://www.wowhead.com/item=2911/kellers-girdle scaled to level 20 with 10 / 10 - would this have been looted by a mob if what you say is the case?

Yes, anything that is 8 levels higher in item level than the required level is a scaled drop from random mobs. We used to run Gnomer a lot, clearing out all the trash gnomes in hopes of getting something of that item level.

Last edited:
Yes, anything that is 8 levels higher in item level than the required level is a scaled drop from random mobs. We used to run Gnomer a lot, clearing out all the trash gnomes in hopes of getting something of of that item level.
I see!

Any advice on what to farm for a scaled version on my level 20?

I see!

Any advice on what to farm for a scaled version on my level 20?

This is actually something that I was briefly contemplating recently. Our options are to either convince @tence to tank Gnomer runs again (but, I guess any tank will do ;)), or get War Mode parties to go on trash mob murdering expeditions in the Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills or the Wetlands.

My plan is to go solo into wetlands and twilight highlands to farm this.

Unsure if more people quest with warmode on or of...

Might just go with warmode on because a bit of world pvp on a warlock with no mobility is always fun!

This is actually something that I was briefly contemplating recently. Our options are to either convince @tence to tank Gnomer runs again (but, I guess any tank will do ;)), or get War Mode parties to go on trash mob murdering expeditions in the Ashenvale, Hillsbrad Foothills or the Wetlands.

There was a confirmed drop from gnomer (Amy's blanket) a month or so ago so might be worth going back for!

Users who are viewing this thread