My Hardcore F2P Account Journey

Should I ban Divine Shield + Hearthstone?

• Yes

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 16 84.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 8 Update - Oooof

image.png

So, I was farming my last ilvl 87 slot when I accidently pulled two Bloodmaul Overseer. They have the ability Subjugate which stuns you for 10 seconds.
I interrupted the first stun, but got hit with the stun from the 2nd one. Right before the 10 second stun was over, the other Bloodmaul Overseer cast Subjugate, resulting in a 20 second stunchain which killed me.

Pretty sure I promised I would do Rogue next, so we go agane.
Those subjugates are brutal. That’s why I try and avoid farming that dungeon, too high a risk to get caught in one. Sorry about ur toon :eek:

May 8 Update - Oooof

image.png

So, I was farming my last ilvl 87 slot when I accidently pulled two Bloodmaul Overseer. They have the ability Subjugate which stuns you for 10 seconds.
I interrupted the first stun, but got hit with the stun from the 2nd one. Right before the 10 second stun was over, the other Bloodmaul Overseer cast Subjugate, resulting in a 20 second stunchain which killed me.

Pretty sure I promised I would do Rogue next, so we go agane.
OMG BE SAFE WITH ROGUE WE ALL WANTED THIS.

May 10 Update - New Rogue

o0SrKT9.png

So I made a Pandaren Rogue, seems like everyone wanted that

Leveling was actually pretty hard, especially around the Freehold area in Tiragarde, there are a lot of mobs near each other and I couldn't handle too many mobs at the same time. Had a few near death experiences, but I made it.

Once I was level 20 I killed some BFA rares and I am now ilvl 58. Just gotta replace my shoulders and neck.

May 10 Update - New Rogue

o0SrKT9.png

So I made a Pandaren Rogue, seems like everyone wanted that

Leveling was actually pretty hard, especially around the Freehold area in Tiragarde, there are a lot of mobs near each other and I couldn't handle too many mobs at the same time. Had a few near death experiences, but I made it.

Once I was level 20 I killed some BFA rares and I am now ilvl 58. Just gotta replace my shoulders and neck.
shoulda went nelf for vanish!! get the stealth ring!

nice, I was thinking of making a rogue and using the garrison follower quests to get dungeon gear :p

So...
World of Warcraft 5_13_2023 5_42_37 PM.png

I know I said I'd avoid doing stupid things but this stupid thing had the possibility to work out.
I tried to solo the darkmoon rabbit and was doing pretty good surprisingly, and then a pres evoker came over and started healing me and I thought I might actually get it...but then I DC'd right at about 50% health and the evoker ran away...
He whispered and said sorry and offered to rez me but I had to explain it was a HC char and he kind of felt worse about it but I said it was no worries whilst dying inside :slight_smile: and proceeded to log out.
I'm not sure if I want to continue right away since I put in a lot of time into this char mostly from the DMF, got max rep from each daily and almost got the skate, but the challenge of HC still intrigues me. So I'll most probably play a pally or druid or maybe even a dk again kind of like a "risen again undead" who won't stay dead. But I'll be putting a lot more planning and effort into my next char to make sure he lives and hopefully stays alive :)

So I got to the last boss of Bloodmaul Slag Mines but one of the ogryns shockwawed me and I sidestepped to the lava. I did ragequit at the moment so I just dived in the lava at the entrance to take the death screen. Will propably roll Paladin next.
obrázek_2023-05-13_211727679.png

So... View attachment 22810
I know I said I'd avoid doing stupid things but this stupid thing had the possibility to work out.
I tried to solo the darkmoon rabbit and was doing pretty good surprisingly, and then a pres evoker came over and started healing me and I thought I might actually get it...but then I DC'd right at about 50% health and the evoker ran away...
He whispered and said sorry and offered to rez me but I had to explain it was a HC char and he kind of felt worse about it but I said it was no worries whilst dying inside :slight_smile: and proceeded to log out.
I'm not sure if I want to continue right away since I put in a lot of time into this char mostly from the DMF, got max rep from each daily and almost got the skate, but the challenge of HC still intrigues me. So I'll most probably play a pally or druid or maybe even a dk again kind of like a "risen again undead" who won't stay dead. But I'll be putting a lot more planning and effort into my next char to make sure he lives and hopefully stays alive
As for this HC challenge (I’m just a casual observer here), I’m quietly of the opinion that the perma-death penalty shouldn’t apply for character deaths due to an uncontrolled 30+ sec disconnect/tech-hiccup.
Losing a character (and the time investment) due to choosing to take on more risk an accepting the outcome of that risk is one thing, but losing a character due to a outside-game risk beyond a player’s control is a very different situation.

Plus, if we’re referencing other ARPGs with a HC mode like Diablo (or other RPGs including roguelike RPGs), it’s important to remember those don’t (or didn’t) need a internet connection to play, and thus a outside-player-control-risk like disconnects is a non-issue for those players.

So... View attachment 22810

As for this HC challenge (I’m just a casual observer here), I’m quietly of the opinion that the perma-death penalty shouldn’t apply for character deaths due to an uncontrolled 30+ sec disconnect/tech-hiccup.
Losing a character (and the time investment) due to choosing to take on more risk an accepting the outcome of that risk is one thing, but losing a character due to a outside-game risk beyond a player’s control is a very different situation.
100% agree, which is why it's in the rules that you can get those deaths overturned, but there gotta be proof, else everyone can just say their death was due to disconnects.

Disconnecting - If you die due to a disconnect, you may be allowed to keep going if you have video evidence.

May 22 Update - Vile Ward is a scam

So... I tried to use Vile Ward from Island Expedition to one shot a dungeon boss, didn't really work as intended. Here is a clip of my death https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyNimbleHareHotPokket-uP4UAejddlfV7x5U (When I tested it last week it dealt 30-70k AoE damage when the absorb expired, so that was the plan here)

Apparently I lost the Vile Ward when boss was pulled, prob blizz trying to prevent it for Mythic+ or something.
tYe4Hsk.png

Users who are viewing this thread