Most fun ranged dps?

Chicagox

Legend
Hey guys I bought the Kor'kron Dark Shaman Armor for a friend of mine. In return he's going to heal on his 29 shaman / we're going to queue random bgs this weekend and the following weekends.
So basically I would like to know which ranged class would be the most fun to play. Hunter (if so which spec?) / balance druid, mage,priest or warlock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boomies are good, arc/frost mage ar great. Surv hunters still hit hard with scope proc, and demo/Affli, and ofc shadow is still OP if played correctly.

How about destro? I would probably enjoy playing one.

Destro is pretty bad overall.

If you're just looking to duo with a healer partner I strongly suggest shadow priest since that's basically the only ranged class that can land a kill solo with the Mind Blast + Devouring Plague combo.

Frost mages are really fun since you have the best CC in the bracket, but landing a kill is difficult with low damage overall. Fire does more damage but not by much.

Balance druids have strong damage/heals and are definitely a viable choice, slightly worse than shadowpriests but not as FOTM.

Hunters are decent but ferals and warriors will frustrate you.

Ele shaman are unplayable.

I really enjoy multi-dotting classes, especially balance and affliction warlock. I find spriests too OP for me to want to actually play them, and I dont like their play-style at low levels (especially after playing a spriest at 100)

Personally, I enjoy playing my lock. But I also love to play balance and fire mage as well. Lock (afflic) and firemage are my 2 favorite casters

Is this toon going to be 29 or 20?
If its 29 then obviously shadow priest, although you might be a bit bored of that by now, and also not really any need for a healer.
if its 20 then i would say boomie or lock, boomie being better in the long run but lock being way more fun. Demo and destro are both viable, dont listen to all the destro haters, destro nukes extremely hard with chaos bolt critting for 1.5k-2k and conflag critting for 700-900, the only problem is not having an escape like demo, but good players find ways to cope.
I have been working on my 29 ele and no matter how hard i try its still pretty shitty, outside of blasting people off the cliff of LM and chain lightning into groups of people, the damage is poor.
this leaves us with mage, if your staying 20 then arcane would really be the only spec to play considering frost and fire dont get their main abilities until the mid 20's
if your going 29 mage then any spec could work if you have some exp / know-how with mages

all in all i vote lock, see you this weekend :)

Destro is pretty bad overall.

If you're just looking to duo with a healer partner I strongly suggest shadow priest since that's basically the only ranged class that can land a kill solo with the Mind Blast + Devouring Plague combo.

Frost mages are really fun since you have the best CC in the bracket, but landing a kill is difficult with low damage overall. Fire does more damage but not by much.

Balance druids have strong damage/heals and are definitely a viable choice, slightly worse than shadowpriests but not as FOTM.

Hunters are decent but ferals and warriors will frustrate you.

Ele shaman are unplayable.

Ele sham actually isn't that bad, it has incredible heals with a short cast time. You basically just have to off-heal or spam heals on yourself while your partner kills people, lol.

Ele sham actually isn't that bad, it has incredible heals with a short cast time. You basically just have to off-heal or spam heals on yourself while your partner kills people, lol.

what's the point of playing ele over resto tho, resto can do everything you just suggested to a better degree. you literally say ele shams are good if they spam heal and let their partner carry them, but a resto sham would do that better than an ele hands down

resto doesn't get thunderstorm, and thunderstorm is clutch

i don't think thunderstorm is worth the healing loss as well as the lack of dispel. yes, thunderstorm is good, but ele's complete lack of damage makes me highly favor resto over ele. right now ele's pretty much a resto sham that can't heal well

Personally, I enjoy playing my lock. But I also love to play balance and fire mage as well. Lock (afflic) and firemage are my 2 favorite casters

I see your SPriest have Mechbuilder's Overalls, what dose it scale to in Bg's?

Thank's for the replies guys. Decided to create a tauren hunter and buy something nice from the bmah. Just not sure which spec to play.

GDzmKOj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I suggest using a Dog if youe group doesn't have the Stats buff, Scorpid for MS if you want to nuke healers/hybrids with high healing, Wolf gives your 5% crit.

Survival is the better spec at lvl 29.

or boomkin, i like both a lot but hunter is so much fun now when dmg isnt retarded & u have to land kicks and use your traps efficiently to land kills =)

Users who are viewing this thread