Most fun ranged dps?

Well I just worked on my 29 Shadow Priest and after a few arenas decided I am just going to go Disc on it. Without Fear or Void Tendrils, you're really limited. Your PWS gets dispelled so you're really stuck flash healing if a melee is on you unless your partner can CC the melee or slow them. However, if you're slowed, rooted, or simply have a geared melee on you - you're pretty much screwed as soon as they score an interrupt on your flash heal.

As a spriest in arena with a melee on you, you just don't have any time to line up a double DP (glyphed mind blast for 3 orbs, wait for mb's cd, then pop Devouring Plague, cast MB, pop Devouring Plague again) as soon as melee is on you. Against ranged classes where you can LoS a lot easier, it's a fun class. however, almost every 2s and 3s comp I have gone against seems to be 2 melee + 1 healer or a variant of whatever with at least one melee.

Spriest used to be fun, but the WOD changes kinda screwed up their defensives for this level bracket. Probably going to reroll something else, I hate feeling vulnerable and stacking stam just to survive is somewhat annoying.

SV is stronger when you're playing to the strengths of hunters in Warsong. MM might be better for a second hunter in a premade, but imo SV should take priority.

lol how, you get constant presure as MM with huge dmg & you can chase efc or help killing one as MM just as good as a SV.
Difference is that you burst huge with scope proc as survival but the dmg is nothing special really without scope proc..
On the other hand I crit 2400 with scope proc when i play MM.
I wanna know what strenghts of hunters in warsong youre thinking about tho

lol how, you get constant presure as MM with huge dmg & you can chase efc or help killing one as MM just as good as a SV.
Difference is that you burst huge with scope proc as survival but the dmg is nothing special really without scope proc..
On the other hand I crit 2400 with scope proc when i play MM.
I wanna know what strenghts of hunters in warsong youre thinking about tho

Defensive ability, CC, mobility, super reliable damage and taking full advantage of scope procs.

Defensive ability, CC, mobility, super reliable damage and taking full advantage of scope procs.

waht cc and mobility does survival have that MM dsnt:p

You can take advantage of scope as any spec if youre not playing like a retard survival is jsut way easier :p

what's the point of playing ele over resto tho, resto can do everything you just suggested to a better degree. you literally say ele shams are good if they spam heal and let their partner carry them, but a resto sham would do that better than an ele hands down

because when you lose you can just use the excuse you're playing ele :Kappa:

waht cc and mobility does survival have that MM dsnt:p

You can take advantage of scope as any spec if youre not playing like a retard survival is jsut way easier :p

Well you can't disengage/trap/CS during Aimed Shot casts, and you can't pool focus as well when your only way to use it takes 50.

Getting everything out of a scope proc as MM is more about bad play from your opponents than you doing well.

If you have to fight somewhere other than mid (which should be happening even in a 10v10), you have to bank on the other team not being able to LoS. How do you kill a druid inside or on ally ramp?

Well you can't disengage/trap/CS during Aimed Shot casts, and you can't pool focus as well when your only way to use it takes 50.

Getting everything out of a scope proc as MM is more about bad play from your opponents than you doing well.

If you have to fight somewhere other than mid (which should be happening even in a 10v10), you have to bank on the other team not being able to LoS. How do you kill a druid inside or on ally ramp?

Lol do you know what /stopcasting does? :D
And also if you have a decent team you wont be alone vs efc or w/e you want to kill inside base you get them off..
Also how is youre opponents bad when you get of aimed shots when you have your scope procs in middle?!
Pooling focus as MM is like easier than survival since you want focus for presure not to dump 100-0 focus bar on someone, I can show you an example how you do it at middle if you want =)

Aimed, steady, aimed, steady, steady, steady, aimed, aimed.

Lol do you know what /stopcasting does? :D
And also if you have a decent team you wont be alone vs efc or w/e you want to kill inside base you get them off..
Also how is youre opponents bad when you get of aimed shots when you have your scope procs in middle?!
Pooling focus as MM is like easier than survival since you want focus for presure not to dump 100-0 focus bar on someone, I can show you an example how you do it at middle if you want =)

Aimed, steady, aimed, steady, steady, steady, aimed, aimed.

Yeah, I know what /stopcasting does. It stops your main source of damage as MM. By the time you get your next aimed shot off, the lockout from CS is already ending.

I disagree about not fighting an EFC alone. You can put out enough pressure to either kill a resto druid or make them stand still healing. It should be difficult to pick solo against a hunter, ideally you'll force their team to send help and give up mid presence.

Yeah, I know what /stopcasting does. It stops your main source of damage as MM. By the time you get your next aimed shot off, the lockout from CS is already ending.

I disagree about not fighting an EFC alone. You can put out enough pressure to either kill a resto druid or make them stand still healing. It should be difficult to pick solo against a hunter, ideally you'll force their team to send help and give up mid presence.

you realize aimed has a 0.5 sec longer cast time than steady shot huh?
And if youre on a Rdruid as MM or any other spec you will be pretty much standing on that druid & then you will get off the casts + have 2 abilities to stop regrowths.

you realize aimed has a 0.5 sec longer cast time than steady shot huh?
And if youre on a Rdruid as MM or any other spec you will be pretty much standing on that druid & then you will get off the casts + have 2 abilities to stop regrowths.

Yeah, I don't understand how that relates to what I said though. Do you usually interrupt when you're out of focus? You have 2 abilities to stop regrowths, but it takes 2.5 seconds to follow those up with significant damage.

Look, I'm not saying MM is bad. Aimed Shot does a lot of burst damage, that definitely has it's place. SV is just a lot more fluid and better suited to small fights/chasing druid FCs on your half of the field. It's also more reliable against a rogue/feral opening on your FC.

IMO in the current meta, hunters should spend as much time out of the team fight as they do in it. There's a higher upside to playing defense since druids can't keep themselves up as well and midfights are messier with strong melee.

How about bm? I love kill command.
it's alright but no real damage, about 1.1k crits with scope proc, while MM does 2400 :)

That beast master hunter without much gear or any enchants for sure beat my geared/enchanted/woodchucker survival hunter in killing blows. (xp on bg)

Edit: Ok I forgot to take a screenshot of the scoreboard. He had 12 kbs and I had maybe 6.

zMjUXlV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That beast master hunter without much gear or any enchants for sure beat my geared/enchanted/woodchucker survival hunter in killing blows. (xp on bg)

Edit: Ok I forgot to take a screenshot of the scoreboard. He had 12 kbs and I had maybe 6.

zMjUXlV.jpg

Try it you i guess, the damage isnt as good as MM & the burst isnt as good as survival.
Ive only played BM a couple of bgs & im not very active @29 atm maybe something has changed!

Users who are viewing this thread