MoP Premade Rules Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like a lot of the ideas about rules that have been discussed since the patch. The only reasons that TC and NA stuck to WT's rule set at the end of Cata was because a lot of them (mostly class limits) actually made sense to have then, they wouldn't play us without them, and because of that we needed to get practice in for our premades against them. With them no longer being a factor in premades and a new expansion hitting that has more balanced damage there will no doubt be an overhaul of current rules and restrictions.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions and free to seek the communities as well. I just hope that no one gets the impression that anyone but the GMs of the two guilds actually gets final say in what the rules end up being. Discuss anything you want, but remember that the rules are made between the two guilds on an individual basis and are they free to set them up however they want regardless of whether the general communities opinion is.

I like a lot of the ideas about rules that have been discussed since the patch. The only reasons that TC and NA stuck to WT's rule set at the end of Cata was because a lot of them (mostly class limits) actually made sense to have then, they wouldn't play us without them, and because of that we needed to get practice in for our premades against them. With them no longer being a factor in premades and a new expansion hitting that has more balanced damage there will no doubt be an overhaul of current rules and restrictions.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions and free to seek the communities as well. I just hope that no one gets the impression that anyone but the GMs of the two guilds actually gets final say in what the rules end up being. Discuss anything you want, but remember that the rules are made between the two guilds on an individual basis and are they free to set them up however they want regardless of whether the general communities opinion is.

I consented to that very notion to obtain permission to post this actually. I don't want to force anyone to use these terms.

I could be going about that completely the wrong way, maybe the right way is to just have no rules and see what is too powerful to remain. I just believe that starting off MoP by promoting a diverse premade scene we can influence diversity in those who look up to those players. As long as that happens I am amiable to whatever the terms.

The point Cinder was trying to get out of this thread was a very good one, in my opinion but it seems the response is coming from a very small number of people. I think the bulk of the community currently are players still on their own realms and without large guilds. So until some of the chaos of the bracket settles down im not sure discussion of rules will turn into anything helpful!

BUT! this thread over again in another few weeks could be very helpful if taken the right way with the right responses from new guilds working their way to premades in the bracket!

To me this sounds like an appealing idea, at least something to consider! Be fun to see multiple classes/specs played in premades!

I like the rules. Completely different and non biased. Only one way to find out how good they can actually be .. :)

i think its really to early to decide any realistic rules. the expansion isnt even out yet and a lot can change in the short amount of time

I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread... it is meant for discussion on possible new premade rules. Nothing is being set in stone; we just want to see what people bring to the table, and how others feel about it.

That being said, I think that the idea of having one of each spec, while maintaining three of each class, is fucking brilliant. It would eliminate stacking a roster with 2 rdruids, or 2 fdruids, or 2 boomies, 2 rshams, etc. This way we'd definitely see a lot more variety, and I think ultimately it could make for a more balanced game.

Please keep an open mind and a proactive attitude with this thread.
*cough* Auggey *cough* Idiote *cough*

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread... it is meant for discussion on possible new premade rules. Nothing is being set in stone; we just want to see what people bring to the table, and how others feel about it.

That being said, I think that the idea of having one of each spec, while maintaining two of each class, is fucking brilliant. It would eliminate stacking a roster with 2 rdruids, or 2 fdruids, or 2 boomies, 2 rshams, etc. This way we'd definitely see a lot more variety, and I think ultimately it could make for a more balanced game. Please keep an open mind and a proactive attitude with this thread.

Thankyou for clarifying my thoughts and intentions :) Although I took out the 2 per class limit :p

Prot Warrior (or Paladin? Haven’t seen their max hp)
Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
Feral Druid
Subtlety Rogue
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock
Demo Warlock
Arcane Mage

Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
Feral Druid
Subtlety Rogue
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock
Demo Warlock
Arcane Mage
And I thought this was the premade rules discussion thread.

It's a great example of a single spec setup based on the ruleset I have up for discussion, it can be used to show that it's not keeping any classes out of premades and how diverse of a setup you can run.

Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
Feral Druid
Subtlety Rogue
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock
Demo Warlock
Arcane Mage

I actually like the sound of that comp a lot. Might exchange one of the locks for a frost mage or ele sham tho.

Holy Paladin
Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
Feral Druid
Subtlety Rogue
Balance Druid
Destro Warlock
Demo Warlock
Arcane Mage
This:

Attachments

• spitting drink.gif
    spitting drink.gif
    113 KB · Views: 371
Monks will be weird they can be phenomenal Healers on Offense since they heal with damage. Or... They could be good tanks as since it seems they will be Dodge tanks. (btw they have Roll which makes them move really fast...)

Also i can expect most people to run Pandas(or switch their race to it)... +30 stamina from Rum and a short little melee range CC / interrupt.

So we're drawing conclusions before the expansion even hits; in other words, a pointless thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread