MoP Premade Rules Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinderblok

Legend
Disclaimer: Guild Leaders will of course determine which rules they wish to use for any premade.

For Cataclysm the 19s bracket used a limit of 2 per class and limit of 2 stealth. This lead to many teams stacking 2 of the most powerful spec of the most powerful classes for their premade compostion.

In the interest of promoting more diversity here is my proposal for MoP.

Limit 1 player per class specilization. (ie 1 Holy Paladin, 1 Ret Paladin, 1 Prot Paladin)
Limit 3 stealth players.

Consumables: No speed potions
Buffs: No outside buffs

I still agree that a limit should be placed on stealth characters as the power of healing classes means that we will likely see games going to 5+ stacks. I was the FC for the <Twink Info> premade that first used (afaik) a turtle until high stacks strategy with 4 stealth on offense. I don't believe it to be a fair strategy then, and I don't believe it to be now. However, I feel that the burst has come down a bit from Cata and we should be able to safely allow a third stealth player and still maintain a semblance of balance. Possible change to that could be limit 2 stealth dps and allow the third to be resto druid.

I believe these rules allow for flexibility while still maintaining a competitive environment.

thats not gonna work every team is gonna have 2 resto shamans one for defense and 1 for offense oh how i love thee Dispell

thats not gonna work every team is gonna have 2 resto shamans one for defense and 1 for offense oh how i love thee Dispell

Exactly one of the reasons why I propose the limit 1 per spec. Although some would choose to split the resto shaman maybe another team would run both on D or O so they could dispel eachother as well. By limiting it to 1 dispel per team it becomes a strategic choice of whether to run your dispel offense or defense based on your comp and the opposing comp.

thats dumb lol why not just run 2 dispell isnt even as good as it was when 19s first had it

8sec CD on dispell

It's not just about the dispel, it's about all the classes/abilities. I think it would make for a better premading environment if you didn't see 2 of just power specs for classes stacked to form a 10 man group.

If the community believes I am wrong, by all means let the games be played as the community would like. I am putting forth my ideas because I believe it is the right change. However, I believe this may be the wrong format for this discussion... maybe a poll would be better :)

please add any changes you would like to see so I can add them to a poll

It's not just about the dispel, it's about all the classes/abilities. I think it would make for a better premading environment if you didn't see 2 of just power specs for classes stacked to form a 10 man group.
premades are about using the best comp you can get without excessive class stacking not banning the use of potent classes.

premades are about using the best comp you can get without excessive class stacking not banning the use of potent classes.

My idea isn't about limiting potent classes, if you want you can run 3 pallies 3 shamans if you want. It was about expanding the specs that are run. It seems as if the people who premade however are against this idea, which is okay, as I said I'm okay with whatever the community chooses.

My idea isn't about limiting potent classes, if you want you can run 3 pallies 3 shamans if you want. It was about expanding the specs that are run. It seems as if the people who premade however are against this idea, which is okay, as I said I'm okay with whatever the community chooses.
The more rules you impose the more you restrict diversity, the exact opposite of what you want.

The more rules you impose the more you restrict diversity, the exact opposite of what you want.

Ok, example then:

If you were setting up a premade with old rules, tell me you wouldn't run 2 boomkin 2 resto shaman.
With my rules you would still run boomkin resto shaman, but maybe you'd run with a feral druid and an ele shaman as other 2 spots. You still have the same classes, but you are using more specs, which in itself is diversity.

Ok, example then:

If you were setting up a premade with old rules, tell me you wouldn't run 2 boomkin 2 resto shaman.
With my rules you would still run boomkin resto shaman, but maybe you'd run with a feral druid and an ele shaman as other 2 spots. You still have the same classes, but you are using more specs, which in itself is diversity.
I wouldn't run 2 boomkins 2 resto shamans. People thought we were crazy when we started bringing locks into premades too. Leave it to the people who actually premade to make their comps, just because you see something performing in a pug doesn't mean it is a reflection of how it would perform in a premade.

lol hey, anyone can use any idea they want. we have guilds for a reason.

Yes, however each premade run in Cata used a nearly identical ruleset. Just because people can does not always mean they will. By having a steady ruleset throughout the expansion you create a steady way to evaluate your team and their improvement.

Guilds make the rules, not the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread