[MOP] F2P Ret Guide

Re: F2P Ret Guide

Question: I know Seasoned Soldier does not affect Riot Stick, but does that apply to the 30% passive bonus damage for two handers from paladins as well?

[MENTION=16430]PvpTay[/MENTION] You could throw me on the list of active ret paladins. Also some other gear options:

Tumultuous Cloak of the Battle
gives 6 strength after scaling, the most strength you can get on a cloak (2 more than Soldier).

Mutant Scale Breasplate gives the most strength you can get on a Chest Item.

Merchant Marine Pauldrons give 7 strength after Scaling, making it a great Alliance Only Pre-BOA. That's the same amount of strength you get from Polished Spaulders of Valor.

Also I've gotten frequent +1 strength to wrist enchant recipes to drop from Deadmines and SFK.

+20 Mana is Best in Slot Enchant for Ret because of our small mana pool. Because of our 6% per 2 mana regen we get from Sword of Light, it not only increases our mana pool and our mana regen, as the more mana you have the more you recover. This is important because Ret's only form of viable sustain is from Flash of Light, since we need Holy Power to sustain DPS. Holy power takes so long to build that word of glory isn't even a viable source of sustain and we're better off trying to throw off a Flash of Light, unless you're at <=25% health.

Last edited by a moderator:

[MENTION=16430]PvpTay[/MENTION] You could throw me on the list of active ret paladins. Also some other gear options:

Tumultuous Cloak of the Battle
gives 6 strength after scaling, the most strength you can get on a cloak (2 more than Soldier).

Mutant Scale Breasplate gives the most strength you can get on a Chest Item.

Merchant Marine Pauldrons give 7 strength after Scaling, making it a great Alliance Only Pre-BOA. That's the same amount of strength you get from Polished Spaulders of Valor.

Also I've gotten frequent +1 strength to wrist enchant recipes to drop from Deadmines and SFK.

+20 Mana is Best in Slot Enchant for Ret because of our small mana pool. Because of our 6% per 2 mana regen we get from Sword of Light, it not only increases our mana pool and our mana regen, as the more mana you have the more you recover. This is important because Ret's only form of viable sustain is from Flash of Light, since we need Holy Power to sustain DPS. Holy power takes so long to build that word of glory isn't even a viable source of sustain and we're better off trying to throw off a Flash of Light, unless you're at <=25% health.

yea but the +20 mana is only available for hordies. Those gears u mentioned are sure good for ret paladins but apart from strength alone we need stam cause the amount of damage we take in is much more than protc and the health is low even while scaled with pure strength set

Added u to Active ret pallies list :D

Miners cape is bis for grp queueing due to scaling and u can sacrifice the stam if u have decent healers.

Im embarrassed to ask, but will sentinel's medallion agility turn into str? I'm still not sure how to new stats will work......:confused:

Also from what I'm getting, alot of our new gear will have more crit but crits will do less damage?

Last edited by a moderator:

retri is my favorite spec but it's really hard and require skill to play as a retri to F2P bracket, i would love to see if WOD gonna make Retribution Returns to BGs

Yes exactly, im also waiting for WoD to be launch so i can update this guide( gotta be one hell of changes)

Same here... I can't finish my druid guide ... wod in coming.. to post a mop guide Now is....

Users who are viewing this thread