MoP BoAs

That may be true, but damage was seriously increased in Cata when int = SP and AP scaling from STR/AGI was increased. You can get similar gear to BoAs (offensive stat wise), other than the weapons. But really, ~50 SP isn't going to make AB hit much softer. Maybe 500 vs 600 damage.

last year around this time AB was buffed in a patch (4.1?) to add some viability to 85 arcane spec. it was a blanket buff, unlike other buffs that usually state in patch notes 80+.

that was when arcane mages became viable in pretty much all BG brackets of PVP and of course 19. wasn't BOAs that made arcane spec viable, because prior to that patch mages where mostly frost spec and overall rare in 19 bracket pugs, usually used in mini-mades/premades.

arcane became rather strong and even pug viable

I played in bc
Getting lucky with GFd items or starting to play before others shouldn't give u an unfair Advantage.

Also if your so called unskilled undergeared twinks didn't have BOAs, they would be even easier to kill. It's all relative, there were lazy twinks before BOAs as well, with rogues running around with full defias sett and icy chill weps. Don't act like BOAs made it like this.
What am trying to say is that the way blizzard gave low lv these core abilitys, made the bracket alot more bursty. U can't blame the gear for it.

Personally am coming back to twinking in MOP, as the class balance seems alot better then the current game.

i agree with the first part just because i played in bc doesn't mean i should have gear others don't but blizz doesn't care about that.
but BoAs encourage people to be lazy and not take anytime to gear their twink properly, when you earn your gear through a tough challenge you have more respect for it but with BoAs its a fucking joke, i wish they would just nerf BoAs to equal to a current level green or maybe a little higher but atm its stupid BoAs now are equal to like 5 levels higher (of your current level) blue not saying BoAs are the only reason but they do play a big part

19 warrior adeus;474225 atm its stupid BoAs now are equal to like 5 levels higher (of your current level) blue not saying BoAs are the only reason but they do play a big part[/QUOTE said:
caster weapons are way beyond 5 levels such as the caster mace, do a search and see what is in the game that beats what a 19 has using it

3 stam
4 int
1 crit
42 spellpower

you will find that it takes like BC level-58 to 60+ random enchant greens or blue caster maces to out do it

I think people are just misusing boas. Boas are supposed to be for leveling and not twinking. I just don't think it's right for lazy bastards to put level 60 enchants on level 19 gear and stance a good chance in twinking. Twinking is supposed to be alot of effort and BOAS pretty much shat on twinking. I actually hope Blizzard will someday remove BOAS all together.

I doubt they'll take boa's. Out all together, because they want it to make it easier for the people who are already 85, but wanna make a new character to keep the player busy at all times do they wont just quit. But I have an easy solution Blizzard can easily make without scrubs/whining complainers fuss about anything, Blizzard can simply make boat's lvl requirement to equip them at lvl 20. So thar makes us twinkera happy but yet still help the non twinker haters/ 85 elitest happy :)... but yet blizzard always mess up. -_-

I think people are just misusing boas. Boas are supposed to be for leveling and not twinking. I just don't think it's right for lazy bastards to put level 60 enchants on level 19 gear and stance a good chance in twinking. Twinking is supposed to be alot of effort and BOAS pretty much shat on twinking. I actually hope Blizzard will someday remove BOAS all together.

the caster weapons are way out there, i seriously don't know wtf they were thinking there, but all the others are about 5 levels higher (blue quality) maybe except the helm that's about 10 levels higher (blue quality)

Sorry, what? You can't even put level 35 enchants on BoA's.

Oh? I thought there was a enchant that was level 80 that gave 16 resillence and attack power. I want to make a statement that high levels shouldn't be able to help alts.

No, the rep enchants don't work anymore. BoA's can only receive level 1 enchants.

Sorry, what? You can't even put level 35 enchants on BoA's.

He might be referring to the fact that in Vanilla the +15 agi enchants and such were used at level 60...meaning they were originally intended for end-game, not for low level characters.

Edit: Ok he wasn't

I think BoAs have replaced some items that in vanilla/bc required a lot of time to accuire.
This is sad for the ppl that have spent a lot of time getting these items. But if I had spent 2 years fishing for lfh, I wouldn't be sad to replace it with another, better item, because I would still know of my own fight to get it, and that would be enough.
This also means that it has become easier for new twinks to get gear. this is of course good of the new twinks was really into it and could help to raise the skill level. But sometimes the new twinks are undergeared and -skilled and that is ofc. Not good. But as someone said earlier it is kinda the dilemma at the 19 bracket atm: less but skilled players or more but unskilled players.
As for the burst, I think a part of the problem is boa, but also the new spells at low lvl.

I think BoAs have replaced some items that in vanilla/bc required a lot of time to accuire.
This is sad for the ppl that have spent a lot of time getting these items. But if I had spent 2 years fishing for lfh, I wouldn't be sad to replace it with another, better item, because I would still know of my own fight to get it, and that would be enough.
This also means that it has become easier for new twinks to get gear. this is of course good of the new twinks was really into it and could help to raise the skill level. But sometimes the new twinks are undergeared and -skilled and that is ofc. Not good. But as someone said earlier it is kinda the dilemma at the 19 bracket atm: less but skilled players or more but unskilled players.
As for the burst, I think a part of the problem is boa, but also the new spells at low lvl.

Edit: sorry for double post

Last edited by a moderator:
He might be referring to the fact that in Vanilla the +15 agi enchants and such were used at level 60...meaning they were originally intended for end-game, not for low level characters.

Edit: Ok he wasn't

Yes I was talking about the crusader and 15 agility enchants. I somehow doubt that's 35 and certainly not level 1.

Yes I was talking about the crusader and 15 agility enchants. I somehow doubt that's 35 and certainly not level 1.

Crusader and 15agi can be put on any weapon with an ilevel of 1, BoA or not.

Users who are viewing this thread