mongoose vs berserking

wobbrocker

Legend
Can someone do the math between these. I thought that mongoose was superior in sub spec but I was testing it today and I was only getting like 300 Ap or something

26 Agil Nuff said.

Doesn't mongoose also increase attack speed? I seem to recall that it did (I never play melee)

Well, if memory serves,

Mongoose on proc will grant 120 agility, and 2% increased attack speed.

Seeing as rogues gain 2 AP per 1 agi, and sub gains 30% bonus agility, proccin' mongoose should yield;

156 Agility, therefore 312 AP + Aprox 1.91% Attack speed, + Aprox 4.09% Crit, Vs Berserking, which yields 400 AP + -5% Armor, on proc.

All values based on Sub rogues, who gain 2 Ap per agi and 30% bonus agility, etc etc.

In short;

Berserking; 400 AP + -5% armor

Mongoose; 156 agi (312 AP) + Aprox 2% Atk speed + 4% crit

For PvE go with berzerking and PvP I like the static 26agi to weapons... With the amount of agi/ap/crit rogues have at 70 with BiS gear... I really really like static weapon enchants. B/c it's too easy to be put in a nova or be snared and zerking or goose proc and you're sitting there like a putz.

For PvE go with berzerking and PvP I like the static 26agi to weapons... With the amount of agi/ap/crit rogues have at 70 with BiS gear... I really really like static weapon enchants. B/c it's too easy to be put in a nova or be snared and zerking or goose proc and you're sitting there like a putz.

Rogues use Mongoose over Berserking in PVE.

Yowxd said:
Berserking 400 AP.

Mongoose 120 Agi.

For rogues 1 Agi = 2 AP so 240 AP there with if your subtlety spec'd total agi increased by 30%.

So just calculate 30% of your agi and add 120 on top of it and double that
<

Yow + 1 for once.

wanna show some math on that? more ap is giving through berserking... and I doubt the 2% haste is doing THAT much dps to make up for the ap loss and the very little crit you get

Aldriana and Ieatpaperbag concluded through rigorous tests after 4.0 that double Mongoose was the way to go for every rogue spec. Stat weights differ greatly from 80 to 85 because of the large amounts of item budget required to grant for example 1% crit. On the other hand, they do not differ to a great extent between 70 and 80 where the stat budget required to give 1% of a stat deviates by less than two percent. Hence, the conclusion that double Mongoose is the best can be carried over to our level. You can read the full discussion here. Check out the spreadsheet (link still works) to see the math behind it.

Since that time, the AP modifiers in the combat tree have been buffed slightly, something which may bring the two enchants closer to eachother.

The difference (when accounting for all attack power modifiers, including BoM and Combat talents + specialization) is 205 AP vs. 73 crit rating and 30 haste rating. The difference when not taking AP modifiers into account (and thus using the base EP) is 135 AP.

Aldriana and Ieatpaperbag concluded through rigorous tests after 4.0 that double Mongoose was the way to go for every rogue spec. Stat weights differ greatly from 80 to 85 because of the large amounts of item budget required to grant for example 1% crit. On the other hand, they do not differ to a great extent between 70 and 80 where the stat budget required to give 1% of a stat deviates by less than two percent. Hence, the conclusion that double Mongoose is the best can be carried over to our level. You can read the full discussion here. Check out the spreadsheet (link still works) to see the math behind it.

Since that time, the AP modifiers in the combat tree have been buffed slightly, something which may bring the two enchants closer to eachother.

The difference (when accounting for all attack power modifiers, including BoM and Combat talents + specialization) is 205 AP vs. 73 crit rating and 30 haste rating. The difference when not taking AP modifiers into account (and thus using the base EP) is 135 AP.

I might often dislike Satina but this post is worth a great consideration.

makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread