Mob Tagging

Balditron

The Highlander
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has thought of this , and if so, does it work? Would be pretty handy for a class to use a ranged ability on a high level mob, then have a high level mate on a p2p account swoop in and kill it for you.

As far as I can see, the only downturn is if you miss your first attack and then dont get the loot.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, just trying to think of quick ways to farm some gold :p

Yes this works, but why not just have them in your party so they can just mow through mobs and you loot them?

Anyway, getting gold is cake. I keep hitting the gold cap and trying to find ways to spend my money. Since we are treated as being at the level cap, quests give extra money now instead of XP. So do level 20 quests for ~1g, do dungeons, and take up fishing so you can fish up this or this.

~Zuty

Balditron said:
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone else has thought of this , and if so, does it work? Would be pretty handy for a class to use a ranged ability on a high level mob, then have a high level mate on a p2p account swoop in and kill it for you.

As far as I can see, the only downturn is if you miss your first attack and then dont get the loot.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, just trying to think of quick ways to farm some gold :p

Baldi!!!! <3 your f2p 20 twinking? Come US pretty please, games 24/7 (even ab most of the time) and arena comp's on Aerie Peak alliance. Just go fish from wreckages man, 10g in no time and ofc what zuty said :D

-Arv

Pookums said:
:Horde: > :Alliance: Nuff said, we have twice the community and more actives.

How is this making gold? lol

Or was it a reaction that i was trying to get an old guildie to roll with me on us ap instead of stupid eu? xD

Anyway i don't see the point of that post other then an anti alliance qq sort of thing. It will be his choice if he decides to come over to us ^^

Woah, didn't expect so many replies so fast, cheers guys :)

Firstly I was under the impression that you couldn't group up(hence why I asked about tagging), so that is muic to my ears :)

Also, my main reason for wanting to do this was because I am making a couple of 19 twinks on EU, and need the 10g before I ding level 20 to lock my XP, so there is a little bit of pressure in that respect.

@Arv, I actually have made a trial account on US and created a character(lvl 1 lols:p), but after I logged in and was just about to get started, I got a skype call to come flag carry for my guild on EU, and so I had to redownload the EU patch. Since I stay in the countryside of Scotland, our internet is actually rubbish, so each patch takes me roughly an hour or two to download, which I really don't want to be doing every time I want to switch quickly between US and EU.

HOWEVER, my EU p2p account expires in 2 weeks, soo I might just come to US then for old-times sake :)

since theres been quite a few people replied I wonder if I could pick your brains with another question:

Can I download two versions of wow and keep one US and one EU? Or is that impossible?

Balditron said:
Woah, didn't expect so many replies so fast, cheers guys :)

Firstly I was under the impression that you couldn't group up(hence why I asked about tagging), so that is muic to my ears :)

Also, my main reason for wanting to do this was because I am making a couple of 19 twinks on EU, and need the 10g before I ding level 20 to lock my XP, so there is a little bit of pressure in that respect.

@Arv, I actually have made a trial account on US and created a character(lvl 1 lols:p), but after I logged in and was just about to get started, I got a skype call to come flag carry for my guild on EU, and so I had to redownload the EU patch. Since I stay in the countryside of Scotland, our internet is actually rubbish, so each patch takes me roughly an hour or two to download, which I really don't want to be doing every time I want to switch quickly between US and EU.

HOWEVER, my EU p2p account expires in 2 weeks, soo I might just come to US then for old-times sake :)

since theres been quite a few people replied I wonder if I could pick your brains with another question:

Can I download two versions of wow and keep one US and one EU? Or is that impossible?

:O why are you f2p 19 twinking, it just messes up the game play for p2p 19s. I can understand you want to play in the bracket like we've always done but 20s are actually pretty fun :)

Also you don't have to redownload eu and us, there is a sticky here, or i think it's unsticked atm explaining how you can change that in a file without downing again :) But yeah its also possible to have an eu and us version both on your pc ^^

But why are you quitting p2p baldi? for me it was that i couldn't play 70/80% of my twinks and seemd not worth paying for after all the work i put into them all these years and blizzard not changing a thing :(

Praana said:
Yes you can.

Cheers man :)

I'll have a look for the thread but I'm fairly certain I have to keep patching if I want to switch between them. Could be wrong though (as usual:p)

Will edit this out if I am lol xD

And Arv, I'm not quitting so to speak, Im starting Uni soon, and so I won't be playing long enough to justify paying for a full account, so switching to F2P. (Plus, the more beer tokens I have for uni, the better!)

If any new gear comes out I will restart my p2p acc, to get it on my toons, but won't really be playing them until there comes a point where I have enough time to be properly active and hold a position in a guild again.

Balditron said:
Cheers man :)

I'll have a look for the thread but I'm fairly certain I have to keep patching if I want to switch between them. Could be wrong though (as usual:p)

Will edit this out if I am lol xD

And Arv, I'm not quitting so to speak, Im starting Uni soon, and so I won't be playing long enough to justify paying for a full account, so switching to F2P. (Plus, the more beer tokens I have for uni, the better!)

If any new gear comes out I will restart my p2p acc, to get it on my toons, but won't really be playing them until there comes a point where I have enough time to be properly active and hold a position in a guild again.

I see, you will be on a break sorta :)

I miss our old guild from tbc and wotlk, never went really good after the shattering with it. I miss my old buddies and i just hate blizzard for it :( Hope someday we all will be playing 19s again but i guess it wont happen seeing what blizzard wrote on the eu pvp forums about low level.

So in the end there will be just Bedbug, Phonebook and Fch left from old nightfall guild? this is pretty sad lol if you think we had a guild with over 150 accounts.

Ah well, f2p for now it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread