mob drops by ilvl

wisket

Legend
i've been hearing an ongoing myth about shadowfang only dropping from bosses in sfk... this isn't what my post is about per se, but it's related. there was another post about this a couple weeks ago in which people were saying mob drops are based on mob level and ilvl or something to that effect. i.e. a level 21 mob could drop an ilvl 24 item whereas a level 20 mob could not. i'm not saying that's the case; just an example.

anyway, i've been farming foreman thistlenettle for hours trying to get some damn legs, and in the process have gotten several pairs of Skeletal Gauntlets and Cold Iron Picks. I didn't think much of it, and kept mindlessly killing shit in the cave until it hit me that everything down there is level 14-15. Herein lies my quandary: if a level 14 nonelite can drop an ilvl 25 item, couldn't ANY mob in sfk be capable of dropping shadowfang?

yeah i got what you're saying. why the fuck did they do that? there isn't a random group of mobs hidden in another cave somewhere that drops sfk loot is there?

wisket said:
yeah i got what you're saying. why the fuck did they do that? there isn't a random group of mobs hidden in another cave somewhere that drops sfk loot is there?

Its a cave in Mulgore that has elwynn boares. 100% drop chanse

wisket said:
i've been hearing an ongoing myth about shadowfang only dropping from bosses in sfk... this isn't what my post is about per se, but it's related. there was another post about this a couple weeks ago in which people were saying mob drops are based on mob level and ilvl or something to that effect. i.e. a level 21 mob could drop an ilvl 24 item whereas a level 20 mob could not. i'm not saying that's the case; just an example.

anyway, i've been farming foreman thistlenettle for hours trying to get some damn legs, and in the process have gotten several pairs of Skeletal Gauntlets and Cold Iron Picks. I didn't think much of it, and kept mindlessly killing shit in the cave until it hit me that everything down there is level 14-15. Herein lies my quandary: if a level 14 nonelite can drop an ilvl 25 item, couldn't ANY mob in sfk be capable of dropping shadowfang?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but those undead mobs by The Deadmines used to be elites around the 19-21 level. I think they simply reserved their loot table when they were nerfed in both level and "eliteness". An oversight by Blizz, most likely. I'm fine with it, as it would just be more GF gear otherwise, and I despise that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread