Mixology question

Bassquatch said:
Does the alchemy perk Mixology affect the potions and elixirs available to f2pers? If so, how much?

Mixology effects elixirs increases effect by a percentage amount not so sure... basically look at minor fort elixir gives 27 normally gives 42 hp and lasts 2 hours with mixology. Potions not effected only elixirs and flasks... Goblins get increased potion effect.

On top of my head, using Elixer of Giant Growth (Drop Rate highly increased since The Shattering) as an Alchemist gives 13 Str iso 8 Str.

Personally, given the fact that Healing and Lesser Mana pots can be bought from Vendors, I wouldn't bother with Alchemy unless you have one or more of the Drop recipes, and go Inscription instead. Those Buffs can be used at others, and won't put your Healing/Mana pots on a cooldown.

Trialcasual said:
What is the point of inscription considering you can buy scrolls from vendors instead of farming for hours?

This Thread is about wether Alchemy > Inscription.

On top of my head the II scrolls aren't readily available from Vendors, while Healing potions that F2P characters can't even make are.

While I hardly subscribe to the 'farming for hours' theory since the severe buffs in # of nodes & decimation of hostile wildlife since The Shattering, the bonus of 'Inscription herbing' over 'Alchemy herbing' is that for Inscription the particular weed to be janked matters less.

So how long does it take to farm mats for 20 stamina scrolls? To answer the question whether alchemy is better than inscription I'd say without swiftness pot recipe skinning is better than both.

Hardc0re said:
Alchemy > Inscription

The bonuses of stats with mixology is greater than even the level II scrolls.

I think it's still situation. if you're worried about stam and agility, you have to assume you have the agility recipe, which is a rare world drop...and then its still a tossup. At least for druids/rogues, until you get the runspeed and agility recipes: inscription > alchemy. (not sure i'm going to bother with inscription though as the difference isn't enough for me to care).

I did both. The inscription II scrolls add 5 stat points. The elixirs add 4, jumping up to 6 with mixology.

mighty said:
I did both. The inscription II scrolls add 5 stat points. The elixirs add 4, jumping up to 6 with mixology.

True, the math is simple, only the Giant Growth pot is on its own better than the scroll, and, as an extra bonus, you can ditch and re-acquire Inscription easily to retain the bonus the Scrolls provide - which can be handy if you eg need Engineering for Head armor.

Only for Agility addicts, it's better to have Inscription until the Minor Agility Alchemy recipe drops for you. For everyone else, Alchemy is the way to go...in my opinion that is (keeping in mind that Inscription does give you a whopping 8 more HEALTH than Alchemy does).

Elixir of Minor Agility: +4 Agility (+6 w/Mixology)

Elixir of Giant Growth: +8 Strength (+13 w/Mixology)

Elixir of Wisdom: +6 Intellect (+11 w/Mixology)

Elixir of Minor Fortitude: +27 Health (+42 w/Mixology)

Inscription has 5 stam compared to 42 HP from alchemy with mixology. For everything else, alchemy is better.

solvogero said:
/facepalm

like i said...8 health and 6 agility.

No, stamina is not the same as health. Some specs, as well as kings, give a bonus percentage of stamina, but not health, so it makes a difference.

If it's 8 more health, it's not 6 more agility, /facepalm indeed.

Perhaps it's me, but I don't see the big difference between 'Alchemy is the best because of Drop Recipes' and 'I'd go Inscription unless you have the Drop recipes'.

Like all things, at the end of the day it's a personal choice, and personally I like the fact that Inscription allows to buff others, can be ditched with impunity, and scrolls not needing overly specific weeds and not having a 'real' CD - which of course is more of an issue for classes without 'real' self-healing.

Aradiel said:
No, stamina is not the same as health. Some specs, as well as kings, give a bonus percentage of stamina, but not health, so it makes a difference.

If it's 8 more health, it's not 6 more agility, /facepalm indeed.

...you're right. its not 6 agility, its 1. i was hasty in my response.

my point was its close enough not to matter when it comes to stamina.

Mixology increases the buff of potions and elixers by 50%. The +10 hit elixer will give +15 hit if you have mixology. There may be some issues with rounding or how your stats scale that could make these buffs slightly more or less than 50% this may explain why people are seeing +13 str for elixer of giant growth (+8str) instead of +12

Users who are viewing this thread