[Mists Of Pandaria] Curley's Rogue Guide

Re: Curley's Rogue Guide

You still haven't changed how racial resistances work.
Gnome/Blood Elf
Arcane Resistance - Reduces Arcane damage taken by 1%
Night Elf
Nature Resistance - Reduces Nature damage taken by 1%.
Worgen
Aberration - Reduces Shadow and Nature damage taken by 1%.

Also, if the change goes live, all trinkets will have a 2 minute cd, so you may want to figure out which is better for alliance rogues now. Some have decided to go night elf.

Also, I don't think you get the 60% crit chance on ambush anymore, unless I'm missing something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forest Leather Bracers vs Black Wolf Bracer

with my current setup as sub i cant see blackwolf bracers being BiS

Defensive changes when switching from Forest > Black
+40 hp
-1 Armor
- .43 dodge (very valuable stat for rogues)

Offensive changes
-1 Blizz calculated dps both top and low end
-6 Ap
+ .6 crit

basically being missed is better than being able to take damage and having a higher basline dps increases the amount of damage your crit does.More crits that are less powerful, isnt the way to go.Agility is always the best stat for rogues.BTW you would think double shadowfangs sounds like BiS but its worth noting that while in sub you do 63% more damage each attack and bleed tick from hemorrhage if you have a dagger equppied.Plus you do 181% more damage with ambush. Shadowfang MH Tailspike OH imo

Forest Leather Bracers vs Black Wolf Bracer

with my current setup as sub i cant see blackwolf bracers being BiS

Defensive changes when switching from Forest > Black
+40 hp
-1 Armor
- .43 dodge (very valuable stat for rogues)

Offensive changes
-1 Blizz calculated dps both top and low end
-6 Ap
+ .6 crit

basically being missed is better than being able to take damage and having a higher basline dps increases the amount of damage your crit does.More crits that are less powerful, isnt the way to go.Agility is always the best stat for rogues.BTW you would think double shadowfangs sounds like BiS but its worth noting that while in sub you do 63% more damage each attack and bleed tick from hemorrhage if you have a dagger equppied.Plus you do 181% more damage with ambush. Shadowfang MH Tailspike OH imo
Cant tell if serious

What is the cost in dollars for Gloomshroud and 2 fangs? And how much have you spent on your rogue?

Can someone explain why you would use the Talon of Vultros for ambushing over one of the other daggers, like Assassin's blade, which have higher top-ends? Just curious

Can someone explain why you would use the Talon of Vultros for ambushing over one of the other daggers, like Assassin's blade, which have higher top-ends? Just curious

Talon is a slower weapon and AP scales better with slower weapons. As a result, the Talon gives the highest topend.

1) what do you mean by "AP?"

2) a slower dagger doesn't make sense as the formula is based I thought from a weapon damage perspective, and back when I used to play, top end mattered more? What changed if anything as regards to this?

1) what do you mean by "AP?"

2) a slower dagger doesn't make sense as the formula is based I thought from a weapon damage perspective, and back when I used to play, top end mattered more? What changed if anything as regards to this?
Attack power is AP. And a slower dagger increases topend regardless of the damage range of a weapon. For example a weapon 10-20 dmg 1.2 speed is worse than a 9-18 dmg 1.5 speed.

Curley great guide for the gearing aspect! Would you mind adding a section for tips on rogues?Whether it is in Bgs or arenas, I think some insight on awareness,Oppurtunity,Patience,Etc.. Could help new or veteran rogues learn some new tricks.

How do I play a Rogue, you didn't add a description on how to play a 19 rogue.

I already knew this other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

As far as applying the Pyrium Weapon Chain, does that still work? I have tried a similar item with my 90 and it claimed the weapon was a too low level target.

I have almost every Bis item for my rogue, cant belive how hard Shadowfang is to get..

Users who are viewing this thread