Method covering the "Race to 60"

Wild. Why?
Speedrunners only value the time it takes to beat the game. So, it makes no sense for a speedrunner to "keep" a game file after they beat the game. They will delete it and start a new one so they can start over and achieve a faster time.

In this case, beating the game is hitting 60 ASAP, & the game file is the character.

Still badass to just try to delete it like that. At first I thought he was messing around but now I realize he really did want to.

Speedrunners only value the time it takes to beat the game. So, it makes no sense for a speedrunner to "keep" a game file after they beat the game. They will delete it and start a new one so they can start over and achieve a faster time.

In this case, beating the game is hitting 60 ASAP, & the game file is the character.

Still badass to just try to delete it like that. At first I thought he was messing around but now I realize he really did want to.
Makes sense, I suppose.

There's a Buddhist practice of making those incredibly intricate sand and rock gardens and then destroying them as soon as they're done. Reminds me a bit of that.

Makes sense, I suppose.

There's a Buddhist practice of making those incredibly intricate sand and rock gardens and then destroying them as soon as they're done. Reminds me a bit of that.

sauce on this?

sauce on this?
sand-mandala.jpg

...and just so @Chops's understandable "conflation" doesn't cause any "confusion":
  • Tibetan Buddhists ritualistically erase their intricate "sand mandalas" to teach an appreciation of the wonders of life, no matter how temporary they may be...
  • Zen Buddhists don't destroy their intricate "rock gardens"... but instead constantly strive to make them into (simultaneously) more accurate/abstract representations of nature, in hopes that a deeper understanding will provide some insight into of the meaning of life.
(...this is definitely not a direction I expected this thread to take...) :confused:

sauce on this?

View attachment 12972

...and just so @Chops's understandable "conflation" doesn't cause any "confusion":
  • Tibetan Buddhists ritualistically erase their intricate "sand mandalas" to teach an appreciation of the wonders of life, no matter how temporary they may be...
  • Zen Buddhists don't destroy their intricate "rock gardens"... but instead constantly strive to make them into (simultaneously) more accurate/abstract representations of nature, in hopes that a deeper understanding will provide some insight into of the meaning of life.
(...this is definitely not a direction I expected this thread to take...) :confused:

There ya go! Sauce was that I got dragged to an art museum when I was very young, saw an exhibit on this and over the next 20+ years my brain simplified it into "they make cool shit then destroy it"

Apologies for the conflation.

View attachment 12972

This is fantastic, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread