Method covering the "Race to 60"

Sin'dor

Veteran
Method™ is racing to lvl-60 live on their Twitch™ channel... but since they're currently not the "leaders", they're also dropping some more-global updates on their website.
Method™ said:
UPDATE - August 28th/29th, 10:31pm(PDT)/5:31am(GMT)
Some more updates for the Western side of things as Jokerd is at level 46, ahmpy at 45, Nanettie at 44 with the Method stream team topping out at 42 with Kenny as usual. We don't have new info on the Asian server progress but they're very probably still in the lead, depending on sleep and or account sharing.

https://www.method.gg/raidprogress/classic

So, yeah... while we were stuck in 12-hour queues, other countries were busy getting their goddamn mounts! :rolleyes:

-----

EDIT: At the time of this edit, Jokerd just hit 50 while AoE-ing undead in Sorrow Hill (Western Plaguelands)... with 55 hours /played. ;)

Last edited:
Method™ said:
UPDATE - 29th/30th August, 7:19pm(PDT)/2:19am(GMT)
The (Western) race has heated up with some people resting and others pushing through as we now have almost 20 players around levels 51 and 52, with JokerD getting some sleep and KennyMarsh cathing up and they are now both at level 52, joined by Buckslice, Zackriledge and probably a few more, with Zack closest to level 53 at the moment. We still don't have any solid info on the Asian server scene, but if they continued as they were going earlier, they're probably still closest to that WF level 60. It seems the dungeon running teams are still staying in Zul'farak as they aren't quite ready for BRD, and the open world levelers are still doing big AoE pulls in the plaguelands.
Although someone on an Asian server is likely in the lead, Jokerd is currently at 55.2 while AoE-farming undead in Dalson's Tears (Western Plaguelands)... with 67 hours /played, and approximately 12 hours till 60.

Although someone on an Asian server is likely in the lead, Jokerd is currently at 55.2 while AoE-farming undead in Dalson's Tears (Western Plaguelands)... with 67 hours /played, and approximately 12 hours till 60.

Watching him AoE made me feel so absolutely irrelevant just bashing mobs with autos one on one at level 30 until they die

Love to spend years begging Blizz for a classic server only to rush through the experience so I can sit on my thumbs for a month while everyone catches up to me.

are you always this pessimistic? you must be a blast irl, especially considering how you preach about letting others play how they want. Preach!

The word you're looking for is "sardonic", not pessimistic.
I suspect that's not the first time you've said that... ;)

Lexical infractions aside... if anyone nonetheless wishes to witness the first (live-streamed) Classic™ character to hit 60, Jokerd should be accomplishing that particular feat a little over an hour from now. :cool:

There is already a level 58 on skallag, also shout out to @Blackout whose covering the race with method in vegas

(Language Warning...)

Love to spend years begging Blizz for a classic server only to rush through the experience so I can sit on my thumbs for a month while everyone catches up to me.

He actually tried to delete the character afterwards, but people kept sending him mail to prevent it! :D

(Language Warning...)

He actually tried to delete the character afterwards, but people kept sending him mail to prevent it! :D
what a fucking legend. Love it.

I think that's "standard procedure" for all people speedrunning classic servers. I remember watching speedruns to 60 on new vanilla private servers and the guys would always rush 60 then delete chars.

But to do it on the official one? That's nuts.

Wild. Why?

I can only assume it follows the old adage: "It's not about the Outcome, but the Journey."
Speed Runners maybe taking that to the extreme?

Or perhaps to make room for new Speed Run characters? Room they needed before the Server Character Cap was removed that is. Guess that would only apply if they had main (non-Speed Runner) characters on that realm.

I think it’s to show that they don’t care and they do it because they can. Because for people that want to play endgame deleting the first character that gets to 60 is just incomprehensible

Yeah, I can see that. We, as twinks, stop leveling early for particular payoffs. Totally makes sense that there are those who are all about ONLY leveling with no payoffs.

[...] Totally makes sense that there are those who are all about ONLY leveling with no payoffs.
My assumption (at least as far as Jokerd is concerned) was that it ties-back to @Chops's original comment... sure, he may have proved how fast he could level, but he "skipped the real game" in the process.

If he wants to actually enjoy "The Classic Experience" like everyone else, the biggest "roadblock" now is the endless temptation to keep developing that 60 (especially with the added pressure of catering to a stream-audience).

Delete the 60; problem solved. :cool:

Blackout is hosting right now forcing folks to eat strange food with vanilla icing
Thank goodness... I've always resented the lack of food-challenges when watching WoW streamers.

Users who are viewing this thread