Mad queue times for launch assured? Herod = hosed.

I'm thinking about things long term. In years to come when you get the the inevitable itch to play your classic mains and twinks again you'll want your realm to still be alive and kicking even after the hype has long died. Imo Herod has the best chance of that. Queues will be absolutely hellish at first and then again when they take out layering but as they say, no pain no gain.

Nothing doomsayer... just saying that too many servers is a bad thing. Fill em up and then spread em out.

The ones that will wander away first will also be first to just pick another lower pop, most likely. Right?

Like me. I gave up on herod on day one.

Nothing doomsayer... just saying that too many servers is a bad thing. Fill em up and then spread em out.

The ones that will wander away first will also be first to just pick another lower pop, most likely. Right?

Let's not forget the possibility that Classic could kill Retail

I'm not sure why - especially - twinks are so concerned with overpopulated servers.

It's more than likely it'll be a pure shitfest at launch, sure. But unless you're super hardcore and wanna down Ragnaros week 2, I don't see much reason to worry: BGs won't be out until p3 and honor won't be out until p2. There really isn't much reason for a twink or semi-casual player to rush it anyway; if queue times are massive just give it a few days and it's gonna be ok. I mean if you took time off work etc. I can see why you wanna utilize the first few days, but in the grand scheme of things the first days won't matter unless you're truly committed to the game.

Personally I find the first weeks of a fresh server to be among the funniest (especially if honor and even BGs are out) but to each their own. Once you've gotten into the game it should be much smoother than every pserver fresh launch because of layering and dynamic respawns. So it really comes down to whether you're prepared to sit in server queue for 30 min the first few days.

I can tell who the Cata kida are that have never experienced realm queues

Realm queues?? I remember when they took Mannoroth down for a whole WEEK during tbc and the forums melteddddddd

I'm not sure why - especially - twinks are so concerned with overpopulated servers.

It's more than likely it'll be a pure shitfest at launch, sure. But unless you're super hardcore and wanna down Ragnaros week 2, I don't see much reason to worry: BGs won't be out until p3 and honor won't be out until p2. There really isn't much reason for a twink or semi-casual player to rush it anyway; if queue times are massive just give it a few days and it's gonna be ok. I mean if you took time off work etc. I can see why you wanna utilize the first few days, but in the grand scheme of things the first days won't matter unless you're truly committed to the game.

Personally I find the first weeks of a fresh server to be among the funniest (especially if honor and even BGs are out) but to each their own. Once you've gotten into the game it should be much smoother than every pserver fresh launch because of layering and dynamic respawns. So it really comes down to whether you're prepared to sit in server queue for 30 min the first few days.
30 minutes? It was 4 and a half hours in MoP lmao

I can tell who the Cata kida are that have never experienced realm queues
I remember getting DC’ed one Friday night back in early MoP. We had some good games going that night, trying to log back in having to sit in que for almost an hour. Poor Myrm hitting me up, “we need your heals Mellunz”.

Thinking of another server option now with some of the guys.

Users who are viewing this thread