Lvl 20 p2p Thread!

20 druid and 20 hunter are what I have most fun on in this bracket at the moment, my 20 priest was a lot of fun too and I might activate it's account one day. A 20 p2p is less obvious as a high threat to the opposing team and because of this can be used in different ways than 24's can. Also on a 20 there is the possibility to use f2p gear (although 225 profs still give an advantage). I do also play 24's.

Is a ret paladin good at 20 or would they be better at 24? Also would it even be worth rolling one or would I get stomped by most classes? Trying to not be a fotm roller.

Is a ret paladin good at 20 or would they be better at 24? Also would it even be worth rolling one or would I get stomped by most classes? Trying to not be a fotm roller.

What kind of a question is that? Of course any class is better at 24 than 20 xD

If you know how to play, you won't get stomped on a retripally. Their damage is pretty average atm, not the worst but definitely not the best either. It'll pose a challenge to burst healers down without HoJ or a friend to help. Survivability is decent, with mail armor, pretty nice flash heals and bubble. Also HoJ, the 6sec stun is always handy ;) One of the most OP abilities in the bracket, if not actually the most op. Mobility is good with the first tier talents. (I'd choose the 45% judgement sprint, gives a good bunch of Time on Target.)

I'd say go for it, sounds like a viable option for a p2p in 20-24.

Not really related but lmfao, this lvl 1 troll danced in duro for 2 days

butthurtUE_zpsb691cb96.png

Someone got GY contained too hard :D :D

Lol

if i was to SS and post all my fan mail i reckon i could fill the forum. and thats probably just from TL members. :p

It wasnt me.

F2P side:
But thats normal when u play, i even got msg of hate in my trial from lvl24, saying he beated me again and i should give up;
ppl get happy and fell like they are the best...

but they only want to win, no matter if teams are balanced or not.

P2P side:
Its not my fault that their team wasnt as good as ours, i really wanted to have balanced games but there isnt teams that match up with my 24premade.

Conclusion: U want balanced games but by rolling P2P20-24 u are making them unbalanced.

It wasnt me.

F2P side:
But thats normal when u play, i even got msg of hate in my trial from lvl24, saying he beated me again and i should give up;
ppl get happy and fell like they are the best...

but they only want to win, no matter if teams are balanced or not.

P2P side:
Its not my fault that their team wasnt as good as ours, i really wanted to have balanced games but there isnt teams that match up with my 24premade.

Conclusion: U want balanced games but by rolling P2P20-24 u are making them unbalanced.

this is probably the only thing you've wrote on ti that makes sense, now let me ask you this... if f2ps want so much balance why do they all reroll as soon as a class is nerfed/buffed?

inb4. next patch they'll be 100 new warriors.

answer me!

what is hitcap for lvl 20 melees against 24's? <3

I'm 95% sure I'm right about the spell hit cap being 26% now, I've read that miss chance scales at 11% per level after +3 (up to a hard cap, maybe 90%). I've missed a 24 once running 25.5% hit on my mage (and it was a shaman, not Nelf). With the way melee hit, expertise and spell hit scale now (spell hit = melee hit + expertise), I'd assume that would put the melee special attack miss chance at 13% for 24s, which is probably around 23-24 hit rating.

What kind of a question is that? Of course any class is better at 24 than 20 xD

If you know how to play, you won't get stomped on a retripally. Their damage is pretty average atm, not the worst but definitely not the best either. It'll pose a challenge to burst healers down without HoJ or a friend to help. Survivability is decent, with mail armor, pretty nice flash heals and bubble. Also HoJ, the 6sec stun is always handy ;) One of the most OP abilities in the bracket, if not actually the most op. Mobility is good with the first tier talents. (I'd choose the 45% judgement sprint, gives a good bunch of Time on Target.)

I'd say go for it, sounds like a viable option for a p2p in 20-24.

There is absolutely no reason to be Retribution at this level. Protection>retribution in literally EVERY way. They do crap damage and is basically a dancing spec ATM. However, if you go 24 or even p2p 20, you will be do decent damage for a DPS spec. Also Pursuit of Justice>Judgement sprint.

There is absolutely no reason to be Retribution at this level.

He said he doesn't want to be a FotM reroller, I think that's a perfectly viable excuse to not roll prot over retri :p

About the talent choice, IMO judgement sprint is better for prot/retri because as retri you're gonna want to spend those 3 holy powers on TV, it isn't wise to not do damage in order to maintain runspeed, just doesn't make sense to me. But of course, it is a question of preference so aint gonna argue about that. Use whichever you like.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite a casual bracket, there are no raiding guilds that will kick you for running the wrong spec or setup, I think it's fine to play around. If you want to go ret that's reason enough in itself to give ret a whirl. :) Even if prot does more damage and has superior CC, if being a ret paladin is more enjoyable, why not. ^^

Pursuit of Justice doesn't sound all that sensible if you're not holy, in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread