Lvl 19 BM hunter?

Damage123

Legend
I know mm is the best spec at lvl 19 for a hunter given the talents, and crit bonuses etc, but are do you guys think BM hunters would be able to stay on par with survival hunters if geared/played correctly?

Heres a chardev I was playing around with for an orc BM hunter:

http://chardev.org/?profile=318131.

The advantages of possibly using this Bm spec are: Much higher attack power, meaning stronger auto-shots and stuff. You also are provided by yet another overpowered ability, the pet stun, which could help compensate for the loss of hp by using this spec. Using this spec, the typical crit of a hunter would be about 6 points or so less than a survival hunter, but with the improved kill command talent, this would help make up for it for a finishing move. Also, with one point put into spirit bond, healing effects would be increased by 5 percent, therefore making a healers job slightly easier, considering your allready giving up 15 percent extra hp by using this spec.

I chose orc as the perfect race for this spec because it fits great with it. Blood fury provides a great ap boost, meaning u could reach close to 600 ap for 15 seconds, also, the command talent which increases pet damage by 5 percent looks like a must have for beast mastery, and on top of all that great stuff, ur stuns are reduced by 15 percent, so if ur trinket is down and u get stunned, you just may live to talk about it. Also, as an added bonus, you get expertise using axes, and seeing as how rockslicer is BIS and is an axe, u benefit from that as well, meaning it might reduce ur chanced of missing a wing clip slightly. (im not 100 percent sure on this)

So given all these bonuses, could an orc beast mastery hunter do well at lvl 19? Or at least stay on par with other hunters who are specced for survival?

Beastmastery is the best hunter spec for a competitive playstyle, as a general rule, stuns > damage.

Beastmastery is the best hunter spec for a competitive playstyle, as a general rule, stuns > damage.

Yeah I have a hunter I rarely play, its survival spec and pumps out alota damage, but its boring imo. I may just consider trying out an orc bm hunter, it may auctually make the class interesting to me lol. I love thoerycrafting and this seems like a fun idea.

Survival Hunters are the best Hunters at 19. BM is better than MM.

What sort of retarded thread is this? BM hunter is still a hunter, of course it will do fine.

I'm no good at hunters, but why would you put up another setup for BM than MM? Is hit more important when BM cuz you rely on auto-attacks more?

as horde need 7 hit not 5, using the gear in my chardev im almost right on 7 percent hit, only slightly above it, while maintaining high attack power. Used lynx boots instead of cobrahs cuz bm has an added bonus to ap with the spec, so they would give a decent bit of ap. They could be switched with cobrahns for more crit if needed, but its really up to the user to decide imo. I think its a difference of ten ap and a slight amount of crit.

Matter of opinion and play style. I personally prefer BM over Surv in -certain situations-.

- CIHC

as a general rule, another beastmastery outperforms survival in ANY situation except midfarming.

why?

give me 2 hours and a cup of coffee and i'll theorycraft it for you Pizza.

sv>bm>mm

pets are to squishy at this lvl and without them your left spamming arcane shot, that all specs can do.

you'll kill me once then when i know your bm i'll just global your pet.

this is from an endgame hunter thats pvp'd has bm since tbc.

theorycraft them both with dead pets.

BM hunters have seemed to become more popular during the past 1-2 weeks... Against me atleast, BM, when played right, is more powerful.

Against Surv it's like, take a shitload of damage when he ditches all the focus on exp, arc, arc. Then he's left out with no burst at all and I'm probably far away from him already so that's that tbh.

Against BM: 500 KC, and a few powerful auto shots.... Oh well I'll just run as always. Then I'm 1500hp he casts intimidation + kill command and I'm under 1000hp left. All he needs to do now is scatter shot my heal and I'm pretty much dead tbh.

These are just the most usual scenarios from a druid fc POV.

BM hunters have seemed to become more popular during the past 1-2 weeks... Against me atleast, BM, when played right, is more powerful.

Against Surv it's like, take a shitload of damage when he ditches all the focus on exp, arc, arc. Then he's left out with no burst at all and I'm probably far away from him already so that's that tbh.

Against BM: 500 KC, and a few powerful auto shots.... Oh well I'll just run as always. Then I'm 1500hp he casts intimidation + kill command and I'm under 1000hp left. All he needs to do now is scatter shot my heal and I'm pretty much dead tbh.

These are just the most usual scenarios from a druid fc POV.

yeah this is true but sv can use kill command to, and a hunter pet @ 19 has around 600hp with no mitigation talents, and you can root the pet, he's burst has gone .

with a competent group setup BM is more viable. somebody needs to keep that pet healed obviously, but the same can be said about keeping your entire team alive. if the enemies are focusing on your pet, you can pretty much wreck stuff freely.

Users who are viewing this thread