LTB, MB Premade 9/25/11

Daydra said:
Ironically this entire thing is all too familiar of previous endevours in the bracket that fizzled out. Hence my lack of enthusiasm.

Please remind me of the history.

Daydra said:
I'm not talking about 39's bro....

And this is exactly why I questioned your interest in 29s two nights ago. The fact is, that while you want to get back into 85s or 39s (2globalbracket), 29s is certainly not on the decline. In fact we are seeing more people roll in and inquire about making new toons every week.

If you really feel that way, perhaps we had better think twice before people pay their transfer costs.

Dorigon said:
So I will address this after all. Is this post directed at Nastay or at MB?

He is the one that initiated the whole premading idea, so I can only assume that you mean he's expecting premades out of LTB as they're the only guild on his own faction.

Whoops, missed this one last night. It was just a general statement, it wasn't directed specifically at anyone. I just figured that it couldn't hurt to throw that out there.

That song is better, Dont. I do prefer Biggie though.

allahkazam said:
I'm 1-0 lifetime in premades at 29. And even that was with like 6 from my guild against 10 from another. Yeah we 3 capped in a half hour. Yeah it was on probably one of the worst battlegroups for 29. What of it.

Also wish the best of luck to all involved in getting good games. My hope for everyone is fun and good times. =)

By that standard (running into a 10 man in a random match pre exp off) AGNS the trash guild of shadowburn is like 42-8 because we won far more of those types of matches than we lost. Back in the day everyone on shadow burn was group queing even if the comp they had to que with was garbage. We won a lot of those by default, as in we automatically had a FC (me) and two healers (luthe and bigpete) and we used in-game voice chat so that the people we picked up to fill out our group could easily join and hear us. Keep in mind that there were a LOT of guilds back in the day whose only interest in twinking was rolling people, and they couldn't deal with a real group of twinks.

Running into a group of ten who happen to be queing together back in the day and 3 capping on them does not equal beating a premade.

To bad those days are long gone, when we ran into <legends> and a few other 29 guilds hell, even when we just got in with 5-10 against 5-10 serious alliance we would have epic 2 hour + games, and at the end we would all be on the forums talking about how awesome it was.

Hell we would often do /who 29 and invite anyone that wanted to come along for the ride cause twinking was far less serious back then.

I find it hard to believe that you want the premade to be a good game, considering the betting line you offer breaks at LTB getting two capped on.

Still waiting on the pay out for a LTB win.

I just am not reupping unless we have the team sam wants, the lack of enthusiasm otherwise could just mean a waste of cash.

Keep me updated homies

It was a joke post. If we are counting partial premades I've won far more than just one. I was talking about something actually being organized with a set time and rules and comps and not just seeing them in a random pug.

Also my whole odds post was seriously a joke. I don't even know who is going to be in the game on either side so how would I be able to favor one side by 1.5 flag caps? And why would I want anything but fun and good times for people playing? I honestly don't care what happens but I have no reason to wish people ill. Once again people taking a pretty much tongue in cheek post and turning it into something serious. Hopefully this does happen and the stream doesn't suck so I get to watch.

Donteventrii said:
Please remind me of the history.

And this is exactly why I questioned your interest in 29s two nights ago. The fact is, that while you want to get back into 85s or 39s (2globalbracket), 29s is certainly not on the decline. In fact we are seeing more people roll in and inquire about making new toons every week.

If you really feel that way, perhaps we had better think twice before people pay their transfer costs.

Perhaps you should re-read what I had posted. It contained nothing about any bracket other than 29.

To elaborate on my post, there has been history within THIS bracket of creating an "all-star" pro-team of players at the slightest mention of premades. Why not see premades as a way to promote bracket growth rather than exlusions and elitest attitudes that have done nothing but tear apart guilds and cause players to move on to other things. As a reminder - Carebears, LIMP, players picked off on windrunner alliance. There has been animosity caused by attitudes that aren't needed.

While it is great to get 10 amazing players against an additional 10 amazing players and go at a hard core premade, it is important to also not forget subbing in players having multiple games and to keep the mood a bit lighter. Set up both. This will encourage those growing as twinks to develop into better players on the field.

I am sorry if you feel you would be risking your e-rep by including in a player that may not meet your standards of quality. Not everyone shares your opinion and would rather push on to competive growth. The dream team idea usually falls apart anyhow I've noticed. Perhaps too many chiefs and not enough indians.

As to my working on my 85's gear, pardon me if I'd prefer not to run a scrub toon in rbg's once a week. She had been shelved for a year and needed improvement. I am sure LTB can manage a week of my absence (not even considering I've yet to miss a game nite....) without falling apart. Don't insinuate things in an attempt to weaken what we as a guild have worked in bringing together.

I'm certain players within the bracket run mains along with twinks with little to no issues. My gear is now done btw. Thanks for your concerns.

Ohai said:
I just am not reupping unless we have the team sam wants, the lack of enthusiasm otherwise could just mean a waste of cash.

Keep me updated homies

I was fine healing D for his set up but I am not going to go in blind not knowing what team that is under the tag of an ltb premade. I also won't exclude other players from opportunities within the night to play as well just because they aren't leg humpers. I am all for premades, but I'd like to be challenged as well.

Daydra said:
Perhaps you should re-read what I had posted. It contained nothing about any bracket other than 29.

To elaborate on my post, there has been history within THIS bracket of creating an "all-star" pro-team of players at the slightest mention of premades. Why not see premades as a way to promote bracket growth rather than exlusions and elitest attitudes that have done nothing but tear apart guilds and cause players to move on to other things. As a reminder - Carebears, LIMP, players picked off on windrunner alliance. There has been animosity caused by attitudes that aren't needed.

While it is great to get 10 amazing players against an additional 10 amazing players and go at a hard core premade, it is important to also not forget subbing in players having multiple games and to keep the mood a bit lighter. Set up both. This will encourage those growing as twinks to develop into better players on the field.

I am sorry if you feel you would be risking your e-rep by including in a player that may not meet your standards of quality. Not everyone shares your opinion and would rather push on to competive growth. The dream team idea usually falls apart anyhow I've noticed. Perhaps too many chiefs and not enough indians.

losing would be far too detrimental to his self esteem

on a more serious note, there has been some speculation about the results of this premade that i don't agree with. i am not necessarily expecting an "easy win" (or even a win at all). since dont is being so anal about both grandfathered gear being in and his roster (including spending RL $$ on multiple transfers/rerolls lolz), I am expecting a difficult, competitive game that will be fun for everyone.

as daydra mentioned, i really wish there was less at stake for these games, but this is just how it's going to be.

this is, of course, all assuming the premade ever happens...

rubikz said:
losing would be far too detrimental to his self esteem

on a more serious note, there has been some speculation about the results of this premade that i don't agree with. i am not necessarily expecting an "easy win" (or even a win at all). since dont is being so anal about both grandfathered gear being in and his roster (including spending RL $$ on multiple transfers/rerolls lolz), I am expecting a difficult, competitive game that will be fun for everyone. as daydra mentioned, i really wish there was less at stake for these games, but this is just how it's going to be.

this is, of course, all assuming the premade ever happens...

Must not fail at pixels on a screen.

I'm fine with games going on as set up with players mentioned. (though there were some questions on that roster still) for that specific game.

I'd like to see some additional matches to include others within the guild as well. I'm not talking about scraping the bottom of the bucket either. I'd love to see buck, zelpher, blackmamba, valotian ect out in some games all top notch players.

Vent over the past 2-3 times it was brought up seemed like no one really gave a shit (horde side, not MB), to be brutally honest. When asked about if the 25th would be good, the best response I heard was "uhhhhhh yeah whatever" and some awkward silence.

Don't insinuate things in an attempt to weaken what we as a guild have worked in bringing together.

Basically, I don't think he was trying to "weaken your guild integrity" so much as me and him going back and forth in real-id going.... so is there even interest anymore? should I reup? is it going to happen on LS instead?

Emelianenko said:
Screw it,

Sam is replacing all your guildies with players that aren't garbage. Serious question, who would you rather have on your team, euphonix or brutal windowlicker Fcftw?

Exactly.

Ask yourself would you rather see many ongoing premades with good players or one premade with great players with the losing side quitting the bracket and/or refusing to premade ever again?

Exactly.

While I think that HoH is an example of what you are saying, I don't think that would be the case here where the loser doesn't want to premade.

In fact really the one and done thing is more of a 29s thing from what I've seen, stemming specifically from facing DetoX

Users who are viewing this thread