Little tip for those trying to get their new fishing hat.

If you don't get the hat in your goodie bag, don't loot all the items in your bags and save them in your bank. When you do a server or faction change it should reset the contents in all of them, unless they fixed the bug with 4.01a. I know this worked 100% prepatch, unsure of it now.

Hope this helps, obviously the more bags stored in your bank the higher chance you will have to get your hat.

Edit: Reports from some players say this doesn't work. However, it's not a bad idea to save your bags anyway because some patches to reset bag contents. :)

are those the only 2 ways to reset your bags?

I believe server resets also reset the bags, though I havnt tried since like early WotLK.

Why would someone have to "confirm" this anyways...? If you didn't get your hat from the bag why WOULDN'T you save it in case this still is working?

Sanitarium said:
Why would someone have to "confirm" this anyways...? If you didn't get your hat from the bag why WOULDN'T you save it in case this still is working?

Exactly, it couldn't hurt to save them regardless if the bug works or not. Occasionally, some major patches also reset bag contents.

Yiggy said:
This does not work for faction transfer. My friend just faction transferred today and his bags were the same.

Or he was unlucky and got the same junk. ;P

Duckhunt said:
Or he was unlucky and got the same junk. ;P

i highly doubt 4 bags would have exactly the same items in the same bags.... from what he told me he was pretty careful to remember the items.

Yiggy said:
If you want to spend your money and check for yourself, I won't stand in your way.

Wut i don't really get what you mean but i'm pretty sure duckhunt was ironic when he said "Or he was unlucky and got the same junk. ;P" and i'm also pretty sure he understanded that it didn't worked....

Twinkypriest said:
Wut i don't really get what you mean but i'm pretty sure duckhunt was ironic when he said "Or he was unlucky and got the same junk. ;P" and i'm also pretty sure he understanded that it didn't worked....

I think you mean duckhunt was sarcastic, or joking.. Nothing about what he said was ironic.

Yiggy said:
I think you mean duckhunt was sarcastic, or joking.. Nothing about what he said was ironic.

Well maybe so cuz in my langue that is irony well maybe were all just animals

Duckhunt said:
I was just kidding, but heh. It couldn't hurt to save your bags anyway. :)

This isn't youre fight stand back...

Duckhunt said:
I was just kidding, but heh. It couldn't hurt to save your bags anyway. :)

Yes i would save them too. Rumor has it they will reset on Tuesday with maintenance resets and during and rolling server reset. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread