LF Old School Twinks

I'm old school enough to remember DD promising to make an FC warrior on Skywall and then never doing it :(

oh ya and Phoenix on Perenolde with Falaris. probably the highlight of twinking for me.

p.s. hi Inkobah

Hey Sanitarium. Long time no see man. I think the last time we talked was right after I banned you. :p Hope you're well man.

Yes to everything except Comicus .

Comicus was the founder of Pwndepot.

Good to see some old schoolers about still.

-Ink

Good list. You got me thinking...here are some additions:
  • Remember when enchantments prioritized required level over item level (and what made Verimonde's Last Resort so unique).
  • Did a brisk trade in Librams of Constitution and Pristine Black Diamonds.
  • Remember how some twinkers got a weapon enchant with 43 spell power.
  • Remember the poison cleansing totem.
  • Remember playing without mounts.
Not everything was better in the old days, but back when the game was harder, people were better to each other.

Honkimatonk

i first made one named Beepimajeep but ended up not having enough exp for stuff so ya it took awhile

Ahh yea I remember both of those actually.

Fun times back on Perenolde, Stonemaul & Skywall for 29s. The nostalgia from '07-'08 is the entire reason I'm twinking again (specifically my 29) and funding anyone interested in rolling one.

yea 29s were really competitive; i miss phazz.. he gave me pointers and always made fun of mr gladiator qtpie

I remember it all. Still here too. Brings back some good memories... It's just not the same anymore...

The thing I miss most are my old guildies from Maelstrom. Where it all started for me.

I remember having to wait for a boss to kill my twinks so I could farm gear and still be able to master loot the item to my twinks without getting XP.

Ah reminisicing, it is always so fun huh? Wait till you get into your thirties you will do it irl about your youth days. ;)

Have great memories, especially of most you listed. Grinding the old PvP ranks was an arse, 10-12 hour days trying to get enough honor to get the next rank then being gutted when you found you were 2% short and had to grind another whole week like mad to get your next armor pieces or weapons, lol.

Remembering when 19 twinking was a rogue with Defias and twin Fiery enchants and that was considered OP. Remember my 1st twink as a 19 Priest who was imba with her 900 health and Spell power enchants and taking forever to wait for someone to get the 20 Shadow power to gloves from AQ20 (as it was then) to get them enchanted. :p

Remember same server BG's and grinding against the same premades (great fun). My now 70 twink Mage as a 49 twink and being ranked 2nd in the whole of EU two weeks before ranking ended near end of Vanilla. I was sad enough to search through every server in EU to check if anyone was ranked higher and only finding one. Remember you could search ranks on your own server and all others? Lol.

Happy days. :rolleyes:

I remember my 75% dodge with my eluding rings still in my bags. Queueing in Ashenvale and all the 19 twinks there dueling in between WSGS. EFCs that wre not found for 30 minutes (no flag on map) all the wall jumps. Actually having to make the trip to deadmines and bgs instead of clicking an icon in stormwind. Very fun times indeed... Took my 6 damn fishing hats to get the boots.... Lol it's been awhile since i actually remember being excited about getting gear on my rogue. Bought my fangs for 250g each, back when 250g meant something... Assassin's blade as a gift from a friend. Numerous hours asking trade/looking in the AH for eluding rings for myself and the many Tonks-in trainings from my server. Now the gear upgrades are obtained with your main or quest rewards, just not the same....

I remember back in the day on Mannoroth there was a Priest Redimo that had literally every enchant in the game at the time (during Sunwell) other than +20 Shadow Power and he was offering any guild 40k if they ran him through AQ and it dropped - that man never fucking got hit +20 Shadow Power. Would always be the enchanter I used though, could go to him knowing he had what I needed.

On top of having to do things on your own, and having pride in new gear I also remember doing a full set of Isle of Quel'Danas dailies JUST to get the mats for like half of an enchant... every 4-5 days I'd end up getting something new or getitng something enchanted because I would always forget to do dailies and run out of gold. Ahhh the simple days, kinda wish I had them back and all the grandfathered 19s I've leveled out.

This, or having your running drag the boss to the start and jumping in, kill/loot, then run back out without killing the trash.

my late hunter is my only surviving twink... i played bc till now its not the same

i remember literally farming my meadow ring of eludings for months at the top of noth somethin tower in the barrens

Users who are viewing this thread