LF old school people that:
  • Remember twinking on certain BGs or even server-wide
  • Got into twinking to avoid the end game carrot-on-a-stick
  • Remember farming for items like SFBM, PoD, AB, Vendetta, Spellshocks, etc
  • Remember the community of the old days
  • Know who Comicus is
  • Know who Drayner is
  • Were more concerned with theory crafting and strategy than exploits
  • Actually cared about the bracket's well-being instead of their own personal well-being
  • Remember when twinking was about teamwork and objective play and not about farming or personalities
  • Remember the days when the stv arena chest wasn't swarming with achievement whoring end gamers
  • Remember when twinks could get PvP titles
  • Remember when SF could be bought for 200g or less
  • Remember crafting old school Green Lenses on your twink
  • Remember when the low brackets weren't overrun by Hunters
  • Remember when it was commonplace to see 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc. in BGs because there was no XP in BGs
  • (Fill in the blank as this isn't exhaustive)

Any of you people still twinking? Or have you all moved on? Twinking has changed a lot over the years but I'm hoping to find some people that will be able to identify with my incomplete list above.

-Ink

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is actually quite a lot of people who can still relate to one or more of those points. Feeling a bit nostalgic today? ;)

As for PvP titles, twinks can technically still get those as low as level 1. (Yeah, I know you mean the old school ones /tease :p).

* remember when SoJ was BiS for balance druids.

I think there is actually quite a lot of people who can still relate to one or more of those points. Feeling a bit nostalgic today? ;)

As for PvP titles, twinks can technically still get those as low as level 1. (Yeah, I know you mean the old school ones /tease :p).

* remember when SoJ was BiS for balance druids.

It seems the number of people who can relate is dwindling by the day...sucks. And yes I've been feeling nostalgic for a while. :) Guess I'm tired of the petty stuff and the overrunning of twink-dom by unruly kids. They've always been around but things have changed a lot with their behavior. Perhaps it's the natural life cycle of an mmo but I'm looking to see if many of the old type of twinks are still around. The list was an effort to find like-minded people still about here.

-Ink

• Remember twinking on certain BGs or even server-wide Ya much longer ques in brackets before x server
  • Got into twinking to avoid the end game carrot-on-a-stick yup
  • Remember farming for items like SFBM, PoD, AB, Vendetta, Spellshocks, etc oh yeah tell me about it
  • Remember the community of the old days yes
  • Know who Comicus is no
  • Know who Drayner is yup i miss him
  • Were more concerned with theory crafting and strategy than exploits I dont htink were obsessed with exploits
  • Actually cared about the bracket's well-being instead of their own personal well-being I think back in the day it was the same as it is now we just remember it being better.
  • Remember when twinking was about teamwork and objective play and not about farming or personalities I remember having one or two twinks then the rest were levelers. So it was more about hwo had more twinks.
  • Remember the days when the stv arena chest wasn't swarming with achievement whoring end gamers
  • Remember when twinks could get PvP titles that was fun
  • Remember when SF could be bought for 200g or less never twinked rogue
  • Remember crafting old school Green Lenses on your twink ya a bunch for my 39 hunter
  • Remember when the low brackets weren't overrun by Hunters they were over run with rogues wihich isnt much better.
  • Remember when it was commonplace to see 10s, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc. in BGs because there was no XP in BGs Ya it made it more about make up of team than skill.
  • (Fill in the blank as this isn't exhaustive)
Any of you people still twinking? Or have you all moved on? Twinking has changed a lot over the years but I'm hoping to find some people that will be able to identify with my incomplete list above.

I started twinking at the end of vanilla and through bc and plan to do some in MoP. In many ways however it hink it is jsut as good if not better now than it was.

I wasn't old enough to remember details like in your list, but I twinked in vanilla and I'm really nostalgic about that whole time. For me the best part of PvP was the extremely long AV battles.

<--
Don't remember many of that stuff, but I consider myself one - I was only around to twink in BC in mid 07, but I have many of the virtues of an 'old school twink' - I theory craft, I put the bracket before myself, and have many of the requirements listed, though not all =/

Didn't even know there was a twink community until 2010, didn't start participating until a year later >.<

ahh pre boa, pre timer pvp. i miss it often. not soo much for the quality of games but the ability to get a game any time of day and hang out with other twinks. The PoD is the reason i made my first attempt at a twink. alot of good nostalgia posting going on these days.

I'm old school enough to remember DD promising to make an FC warrior on Skywall and then never doing it :(

oh ya and Phoenix on Perenolde with Falaris. probably the highlight of twinking for me.

p.s. hi Inkobah

i'm old school enough to remember dd promising to make an fc warrior on skywall and then never doing it :(

oh ya and phoenix on perenolde with falaris. Probably the highlight of twinking for me.

P.s. Hi inkobah

omfg its you /hug

Shh, don't tell any one.

The part I miss the most is all the cool people I met in Vanilla, BC and WOTLK. About 95% of those people have moved on and left the game.
R.I.P Punkinyou.

Thumbs up for the old days.

Still, the new features allow us to continue twinking. Blizzard could have easily let us die out, but they didn't.

Yes to everything except Comicus .

Old timer here. And DD indeed made a FC warrior on Skywall. I can't for the life of me remember his name at the time.

Old timer here. And DD indeed made a FC warrior on Skywall. I can't for the life of me remember his name at the time.

Maybe you're right and he did make that FC, but I remember Crits having to pester him for a while to get that toon done. Heh

Users who are viewing this thread