Level 70 blood DK BiS question

You need Apolyon From Sunwell and Head chant that you get from Shattered Sun Rep mainly. Not in the mood to compare your legs/hands stats to those of "BiS'.

Hello guys.

I've got a few question's about my gear. I dont really know what enchants and sockets i need. And what BiS items i steel need to farm.

here is my armory link:
Emphinx @ Boulderfist - Game Guide - World of Warcraft

Im not a flag carry.

Any help is appreciated!;)

Would help massively to someone willing to give you advice, if you said you wanted PvE BiS or PvP BiS...As the gear/enchants/gemming is massively different.
Also i wouldn't recommend playing blood at 70, as its extremely boring and takes no skill to play, given this, i'd recommend you look into playing either frost or unholy, frost being the most played out of these two. Peace <3

Would help massively to someone willing to give you advice, if you said you wanted PvE BiS or PvP BiS...As the gear/enchants/gemming is massively different.
Also i wouldn't recommend playing blood at 70, as its extremely boring and takes no skill to play, given this, i'd recommend you look into playing either frost or unholy, frost being the most played out of these two. Peace <3

Thanks for your comment. Im looking for PvP BiS items. I will get a frostspec right away.Do you have any tips? :)

Yeah, for the most part follow the BiS lists given on said thread. But really, feel free to give it your own personal twist. I based my nearly BiS Dk of that build, but I gemmed a few things differently and got a diff trinket to hit a tad harder, but other wise it is a great guide to follow. Don't follow the BiS list religiously, use it as a guide.

Thanks for your comment. Im looking for PvP BiS items. I will get a frostspec right away.Do you have any tips? :)
Learn to kite. You're going to die a lot. But even then, I wouldn't call spamming howling blast and frost strike hard either. Blood just has an easier time living.

Yeah, for the most part follow the BiS lists given on said thread. But really, feel free to give it your own personal twist. I based my nearly BiS Dk of that build, but I gemmed a few things differently and got a diff trinket to hit a tad harder, but other wise it is a great guide to follow. Don't follow the BiS list religiously, use it as a guide.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't know the meaning of BiS. There isn't exactly any flexibility in gear at all, only gems.

Oh, and your idea of nearly BiS is a tad hazy at best. You aren't even close.

I know what BiS means. Its Best in Slot. And what do you mean by I'm not nearly there. I have 2 more pieces to go until I'm there.Thirdly, I do think there is some flexibility in trinkets due to racial bonuses or what be it.

chardev 9 - BiS PvP frost set for max damage, with surv through more hp, rather than resi, the OH glaive is usually classed as too fast for a frost dk, however the haste proc would be amazing during a burst with springs up.

chardev 9 - BiS PvP frost set for abit more survavability.

Hopefully you can get a general idea about what gear you would need, however the gemming is completely based on your playstyle, also think about different sets for different situations, for example, i have a 600 resi set with 16.5k hp unbuffed set on a frost dk, for when i'm playing against rogues, preventing them from running straight through me. Good luck with drops, and if you want tips then check out Death Knight In-Depth Guide For Frost Duel Wield PVP.

If your planning on staying Blood, you may want to consider a FC set, more chance of getting into an RBG team. Peace <3

I know what BiS means. Its Best in Slot. And what do you mean by I'm not nearly there. I have 2 more pieces to go until I'm there.Thirdly, I do think there is some flexibility in trinkets due to racial bonuses or what be it.

Yes. Best in slot. It implies no flexibility. You'll have a small amount, but there usually is a best in slot for race as well (not that it matters much for dks in pvp, unless you're draenei, lol).

And no. you're quite a few more than 2 pieces away from BiS. Nice intellect ring.

chardev 9 - BiS PvP frost set for max damage, with surv through more hp, rather than resi, the OH glaive is usually classed as too fast for a frost dk, however the haste proc would be amazing during a burst with springs up.
Why would you use both glaives, and no spell pen. I don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much advice for the class.

Go frost if rolling with a healer and laugh at mages and casters
Go blood if rolling with a healer and laugh at mages and casters
Go frost/blood if rolling with a healer and cry on rogues

Also, for the lols, stack BiS resilience flag carrier gear (ie. 55% damage reduction), run with a priest who knows how to mana burn, and laugh at people.

apolyon, crown of anasterian, Borderland plaingrips, Felstrength legplates, Unstoppable Aggressor's Ring. Looks like more than 2 pices. You need spell penetration (even for blood) or your strangulates/death grips can fail. Cloak ench + one 25 spen gem should be sufficient for blood. And dont use that cloak, that is just dumb. Take the pvp cloak for pvp, the lw kara cloak for pve. For blood i would aim for 20-25% resi (wont need more with all the defensive cds). For frost get atleast 85 spen / 30- 40% resi set depending on what you are going to do. As for hints try getting atleast 2 apolyons one w fallen crusader, one w swordshattering. And swap according to what you are facing 10-4 sec disarm duration is a world of difference.

Yes. Best in slot. It implies no flexibility. You'll have a small amount, but there usually is a best in slot for race as well (not that it matters much for dks in pvp, unless you're draenei, lol).

And no. you're quite a few more than 2 pieces away from BiS. Nice intellect ring.

Why would you use both glaives, and no spell pen. I don't get it.

My description of the set answered your question, OH glaive for the haste proc, haste being a very nice stat for a frost dk, just something which isnt ideally stackable at 70, and no spell pen, because i stated this is a 'max damage' set, and i can honestly say when i use a similar set, my strang/death grip never miss anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
My description of the set answered your question, OH glaive for the haste proc, haste being a very nice stat for a frost dk, just something which isnt ideally stackable at 70, and no spell pen, because i stated this is a 'max damage' set, and i can honestly say when i use a similar set, my strang/death grip never miss anyway.
#

Haste is a nice stat, but a random 45sec icd proc of a large amount just isn't worth the loss in weapon damage, or AP. Main hand is barely better than the brutal weapons as it is.

In fairness, it's not like it takes much to cap spell pen to a useful level at 70 (namely cloak enchant + 1 gem), but you're only taking it for undead characers/priests/shamans.

Users who are viewing this thread