EU+US Level 20 Resources

re: Level Twenty Twinking - FAQ, Info and Guides Index

Recent changes:

Added:

1.1 Introduction to F2P

Start out by reading the first posts of these two threads:

While you should read the first thread, there have been some changes since since MoP not reflected in that thread:

• Not only Draenei/Blood Elves, but also Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren are now available.
  • Monk class isn't.
  • Northrend is available.
  • There are more F2P communities besides Aerie Peak now.

Free to Play: 20 Twinking and You by Opinion

Added:

1.3 F2P Communities

It's possible for any player to join any community they like. Increased latency / lag is of course possible. Aerie Peak US has the largest F2P communities on both factions and there are players from both the US and EU. With a New York datacenter most people do not experience any connection issues.

If you want to play on servers not in your region, you have two options. You could install a separate client for the region you want to access, or change your WoW installation.
You can create a US trial account:
European F2P Players @ US - Quick help. by lindenkron

Keep in mind that changing the realmlist doesn't work since MoP, as the file doesn't exist anymore.

Here's a simple thing I tried with the MoP installation and that worked for me:

• Instead of downloading anything I copied my entire US installation into another folder.

• In the copy, I opened the file Config.wtf in the WTF folder in a text editor (I used a code editor because Mac TextEdit screws code up sometimes).

• I changed two lines (first two lines for me, but they might be somewhere lower in the row of SET blah, depending on what your client wrote last).

SET locale "enUS"
SET installLocale "enUS"

to:

SET locale "enGB"

SET installLocale "enGB"

• Saved and that was it. Can log both into EU and US now.

Removed:

Norgannon (PvE)
New York
Alliance
Premades, Wargame Arenas

Added:

Aggramar (PvE)
Chicago
Alliance
Aggramar Community by Farconn
Premades, Duels, P2P help

Last edited by a moderator:

alrighty just an update for bwl info .

we are no longer doing druid only premades (there to op and the facerolling gets borring )

as of now we would like to have as many underpowered classes/ specs as possible .
(lock mage warrior ect)

we premade nightly with yours truely fcing / pocketing all peoples queing.

we can offer agm help to an extent but i doupt too many people would bother getting it once spell pen trink becomes 10 hit.

our server would offer a garuntee win in stv fishing tourney if its changed so its your realm only . think thats it .

Updated link for US trial account creation, the old link just took you to a general wow account creation promotion.

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/?promo=no

Added it. :)

Also added an Arena section, anyone have any more suggestions?

1.5 (Wargame) Arenas!

One of the most enjoyable aspects of F2P is being able to enjoy arenas for free. Check out the following threads to get started. :)
Billow's Intro to Arena Guide by kablam
AP Arena++ by youakim

Videos:
Swagcleavic
Salfir
Nevmind

US-Aerie Peak Alliance sometimes does cross-faction games against Horde, and most server communities have at least a few people willing to play arenas occasionally, but if you want to arena frequently I recommend creating your characters on Aerie Peak Horde for US or Aggramar Horde for EU. :)

Feel free to add my guide :) its in my sig. [MENTION=10336]Yde[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

Refer to me in the FAQ as your not-so-friendly-neighbourhood-bracket-master.

Refer to me in the FAQ as your not-so-friendly-neighbourhood-bracket-master.
Done! :)

Edited first post to:

Welcome!

You're in a hurry and don't have the time to look / c
an't find the answer for you in here? Do you have any question at all about F2P?

Questions & Answers

Ask anything, someone will probably answer. :)

If you have any concerns about the Twinkinfo forums, you can contact our friendly neighborhood Spider Bracket Manager
Mialo! You are also welcome to contact me for anything. :)

(...)

Notice that I have decided to designate you as friendly. :p

Notice that I have decided to designate you as friendly. :p
I guess not everyone is going to agree with you. But o well, they'll be even more surprised afterwards! :rolleyes:

sup peeps. so I was considering downloading wow using f2p.
was wonderin some things how are the bg ques,
how many 24 twinks are usually in a bg. what realm are most f2p
players on. and also what classes should I avoid playing.

sup peeps. so I was considering downloading wow using f2p.
was wonderin some things how are the bg ques,
how many 24 twinks are usually in a bg. what realm are most f2p
players on. and also what classes should I avoid playing.
Welcome. :)

BG queues are very short and pop round the clock. I haven't played in quite a while, in my experience Horde has instant to 3 min queues for WSG, Alliance 3-10 minutes, but I'll wait for someone currently active to confirm that. ^^

There has been quite an influx of 24s, so you're liable to see anything between none or solo 24s and premades on your team, and none up to 10-man premades on the other team.

Most F2P players are on Aerie Peak, both Horde and Ally, and there are very friendly Ally communities on Moon Guard and Vashj, Horde on BWL are cool guys too.

Play what you like of course! If you don't want to face negative comments accusing you of playing OP classes, you might want to avoid druid or paladin. Healers are generally rather strong in this expansion.

For finding the F2P community most suited you could also check the list of larger F2P communities and their recruitment threads in the guide part of this thread. :) Try all of them to see where you fit in. ^^

Is their a guide/post showing all obtainable mounts you can get with the 55 deathknight glitch?

Check felix dk guide would assume thats included

Is there any type of armory index somewhere? I'm looking for a feral druid

Is there any type of armory index somewhere? I'm looking for a feral druid

There was one but ur best bet for armories are in the F2P ranking thread by Lofi.

Users who are viewing this thread