Recruiting:
Activities:

Information:
Aerie Peak (PvE)
New York
Horde and Alliance
Aerie Peak by Mialo
Both Factions: Premades, Wargame Arenas, World PvP Events
⇛ LF interested people to join the 19 Wargame Project by Kochist!
⇛ Information on the 19 Wargame Project here
First organized server for both factions, Yasueh wrote the awesome addon for this community. :) Large player base making planned or spontaneous fun events possible. Also chosen as F2P hub since NY Datacenter has very good ping for EU players.
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:
Activities:
Information:
Vashj (PvP)
Phoenix
Alliance and Horde
Vashj Strong! by Galvarino
Premades, Wargame Arenas
Daily premades, occasional arenas and excursions. Big alliance community, with some people having Horde alts, making for a small Horde community that sporadically grows bigger when people log over.
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:

Activities:
Moon Guard (RP)
Phoenix
Alliance
F2P Community on Moon Guard by Win
Moon Guard: Making a comeback by Squeakyjack
Streaming 3s on Moon Guard by Reflexz
Daily 2v2, 3v3, and occasional 5v5 war games as well as BG premades. We also have some occasional fun world events. As far as population goes, we have around 10-15 players on each night with tons of p2p support to help with grouping up. Everyone on here is really nice and happy to help new people gear up through dungeons, bgs, etc. We are also starting to stream PVP as much as possible.
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:
Activities:
Information:
Blackwing Lair (PvP)
New York
Horde
BWL Baddies Update by Snowjobs
Premades, P2P BFD runs
Awesome All-Druid-Premades during Cata, brought to an end by boredom in MoP. Now looking for anyone to roll underpowered/underplayed classes or specs; like lock, warrior, mage, etc..
They have Cookies! And punch 'n' pie! And once Fishing Tourneys are back, a good chance of F2Ps winning.
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:
Activities:
Aggramar (PvE)
Chicago
Alliance
Aggramar Community by Farconn
Premades, Wargame Arenas, group Dungeons, plenty of P2P help, and MOST importantly low competition for AGM
Server:
Datacenter:
Faction:
Recruiting:
Activities:
Korgath (PvP)
Los Angeles
Alliance

Korgath US Arena Server by Twinkenstein
Wargame Arena Server!

European Union

Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting

Activities
Twisting Nether (PvP)
Frankfurt (Germany)
Alliance
Join Twisting Nether EU! by pixie
Tn gonna have some christmasy fun! O: by Broken
Premades, Wargame Arenas, Fun! Largest Alliance community EU.
Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Aggramar (PvE)
Paris (France)
Horde
Join F2P Horde on Aggramar EU! by Broken
Premades, Wargame Arenas. Largest Horde community EU.
Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Wildhammer (PvE)
Stockholm (Sweden)
Alliance and Horde
F2P Twinking - Join Wildhammer EU! by Matterson
Premades, Wargame Arenas
Server
Datacenter
Faction
Recruiting
Activities
Stormscale (PvP)
Frankfurt (Germany)
Horde
For all from Stormscale EU by Kenzillax
Premades, Wargame Arenas
(Community apparently inactive at the moment.)

European Union - French Language

Server
Datacenter
Faction
Activities
Hyjal (PvE)
Paris (France)
Horde
Premades, Wargame Arenas

If you want me to add a community here or update anything, please PM me.
Include information about size, activites, etc.

Must use F2PAddon. A recruitment thread is always helpful. :)

Re: Level Twenty Twinking - FAQ, Info and Guides Index

Backup post 4

3.1 (Wargame) Arenas!

One of the most enjoyable aspects of F2P is being able to enjoy arenas for free. Check out the following threads to get started. :)
Billow's Intro to Arena Guide by kablam
AP Arena++ by youakim

Videos:
Swagcleavic
Salfir
Nevmind

While most arena enthusiasts still have characters on Aerie Peak, the current project is:
Korgath US Arena Server

3.2 Videos and Impressions

Still unsure about F2P activities or joining a community? Get a great first impression by watching some of the awesome videos listed here:
F2P Movies Thread by Hiidden
To get a taste I especially recommend:
AP Horde V AP Alliance Stream by Swag (includes video of the game)
Horde AP had some fun premades this weekend (a F2P video) by Purse
Video Upload of the Battle for Southshore! by Footman
(Two amazing videos of Rhaellia's incredibly fun event: The Battle for Southshore: Cross Realm WPvP Event)

Take a look at awesome screenshots to sample the F2P community life! :D
Screenshot Thread! by Shfthappens

Two more threads to get to know the TI community. :p
Know Your F2P Twink by Pookums
Know Your F2P Twink's Pet by Mightybit

Incredible activities:
The F2P Parkour Challenge thread by Poledancer
Visting Memorials. Hidden Areas and other forgotten places by Goesid
Lets Talk WPvP Events by Rhaellia

Backup post 5

(Write more guides, people!)

Most (but not all) of our Guides are hosted in the F2P Twink Guides section; I'll link the class guides here for easier access.

While following any guides I advise that you keep in mind the possibility of patch changes, author's mistakes, etc. and think all advice and gear choices through yourself.
Some of these are outdated due to MoP.

19 Twink Guides are also a good reference for classes, gear and PvP advice.​

Backup post 6

5.1 Creating and gearing a new toon

Are you thinking about rolling a new toon and unsure what to choose?
Considerations on Rolling a Toon by solvogero

Have a question about professions?
Pinochet's Comprehensive Profession Guide

You might want to farm chests for BiS (or transmog) gear:
Comprehensive Guide to Farming Chests for 19-24 BoEs by Shft
Guide to Farming F2P BoEs from Chests by Aradiel
Scientific chest farming by Trialcasual
Dungeon Chest Farming by Thor

Fishing!
Where Did You Get That Hat? A Sunday Fishing Guide by Rhaellia

5.2 Maintaining a character

Wondering what F2Ps can use?
Farmed consumables by solvogero
Getting the most out of your F2P character. by Haliaeetus

Want to get better at PvP?
Beginners Guide to PvP!! by Arknoodle
19 PvP Player Tips by Kore nametooshort

5.3 Twink Vanity

Do you want to collect stuff? All of these are by solvogero!
On Pet Farming
Attainable titles
Cooking Recipes
Tabards to complete your Transmog set
"Attainable" Reputations

Do you want to change your look and transmogrify your gear?
F2P Transmog Sets by Zino

5.4 The Darkmoon Faire

Want to make the most of the Darkmoon Faire? Learn how to obtain Justice Point / PvE BoA items, mounts, pets and more!
Darkmoon Faire Guide by Rhaellia
Darkmoon Faire Mat Farming list by Sephirus
Darkmoon fortune cheat sheet by Snowjobs
Best spots to farm 250 DMF trophies by solvogero

5.5 Best-in-Slot Armoury References

The original F2P Armory Library by leotseddap lists and links players with TI-accounts and is a great reference.

Imirak
's original F2P Rankings: PVE & PVP has been continued in the (most awesome) stickied thread by lofi: F2P Rankings: Achievements, HKs, and more! is a fully colour-coded list of the top-ranked 100 world F2P twinks with links and up-to-date relevant statistics, also links downloadable spreadsheets with even more players, and is just indescribably fantastic!

Not updating BiS references at the moment due to MoP changes, inactive players, etc.

While following any guides I advise that you keep in mind the possibility of patch changes, author's mistakes, etc. and think all advice and gear choices through yourself.

For a shorter overview I've tried to collect a few examples of very well geared, active players for each class.

Keep in mind that for BiS the occasional LFH or other rare item might be missing. People might also log out in RP gear, during spec experiments, etc. Some classes can also switch between specs quite frequently, so please forgive any mistakes I made while attempting to order these. ^^ Not everyone uses Medium Armor Kits and enchants. You can research these in Pinochet's Comprehensive Profession Guide

Backup post 7

In the upper right corner of this site you will find a search box that you can use to search the entire forum for your keyword(s):

You can narrow it down to the F2P section by clicking onSearch Forum while you're on the main F2P Twinking forum page:

search15.png

You can use the Advanced Search to narrow it down further, but usually this won't be necessary. Let's say you want to farm materials for profession levelling during Darkmoon Faire, and are looking for a guide. Type Darkmoon Faire Farming, hit enter or click Search, and in a very short time you will have a small number of matching threads!

In this example both the Darkmoon Faire Mat Farming list and Rhaellia's awesome Darkmoon Faire Guide are worth checking out. <3
Find more on the Darkmoon Faire under: 4.5 The Darkmoon Faire

Can't find an answer? Do you have any question at all about F2P?
Questions & Answers by Yde
Ask anything, someone will probably answer. :)

Backup post 8

Good luck with F2P!

A huge thank you and hug to Shft! Also thanks to everyone else who helped collecting! Hugs to Omgwtfsap, Klinda, Pino, Veinte, Mialo, Thor, Broken and Purse.

Special thanks to Broken and Thor for fixing all the links after the forum reorganisation!

Most of all a salute to the excellent people who provided the content I tried to index here! Thanks to
Aradiel, Arknoodle, Battlepøpe, bigdip, Broken, C O T U S, Deadvulcano, DubbsBegins, Earlwing, Eliot, Footman, Galvarino, Goesid, Haliaeetus, Hiidden, Holypowah, iaccidentallytwink, Imirak, kablam, Kenzillax, Keyser, Kincaide, Klinda, Kochist, leotseddap, Lillhunter, lindenkron, lofi, Matterson, Mialo, Mightybit, MrCer, Nevmind, Omgwtfsap, Opinion, Pinochet, pixie, Poledancer, Pookums, Purse, Rhaellia, rsq, SekcMustard, Sephirus, Shane, Shft, Snowjobs, solvogero, Swag, Thor, Trialcasual, Twinkenstein, Win, Yasueh, youakim, Zino, Goldendays for being a one-man-BiS-reference, all the 19s guides authors, and everyone else who makes this forum so useful and fun! :)

Stealing Mialo's idea to steal my idea to steal other people's ideas by linking to them in a post in a questions thread that was essentially Medan's idea inspired by Shfthappens' idea.

Copy Paste first post into new thread. Add the link to this thread. Voila. Ready to go for epicness and +100 likes inc.

Brb, stealing that idea and get major leader in Likes (Received).

+ backup for server poll
[US] Aerie Peak Alliance
[US] Aerie Peak Horde
[US] Aggramar Alliance
[US] Alexstrasza Horde
[US] Blackwing Lair Horde
[US] Bleeding Hollow Alliance
[US] Bleeding Hollow Horde
[US] Borean Tundra Alliance
[US] Borean Tundra Horde
[US] Drenden Alliance
[US] Eldre'Thalas Alliance
[US] Eldre'Thalas Horde
[US] Korgath Alliance
[US] Misha / Rexxar Alliance
[US] Mal'Ganis Horde
[US] Mok'Nathal Horde
[US] Moon Guard Alliance
[US] Tichondrius Horde
[US] Vashj Alliance
[EU] Aggramar Horde
[EU] Balnazzar Horde
[EU] Burning Steppes Alliance
[EU] Burning Steppes Horde
[EU] Hyjal Horde [FR]
[EU] Magtheridon Alliance
[EU] Ravencrest Alliance
[EU] Stormscale Horde
[EU] Twisting Nether Alliance
[EU] Wildhammer Alliance
[EU] Wildhammer Horde

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty for this :)

is there a leg enchant for strength users (ret pala/warri) which wont bind the legs (like the shadowleather enchant for agi classes) so i can use it on foremans? ty

Wondering this as well^^

Goblin Mail Leggings (13 str 9 stam) with Angerhide Leg armor (5 str 3 crit) is max AP but I wouldn't recommend it

Heirloom Legs now give crit rather than haste so the stats are 9 str 13 stam 12 crit and with 400 LW you can put 6 str 4 crit leg enchant on them

Goblin Legs vs Heirloom is 3 strength vs 4 stam 13 crit

Didn't read past few pages but F2P can XP lock now. Yde

And thanks again for this cool thread!
Just to make sure:

If I understand it correctly, F2P/Vet below 20 can now lock XP, can participate in wargames, but can not queue for BGs?

Will edit that. :)

Thanks a lot!

Because this thread rocks and because [MENTION=10336]Yde[/MENTION] isn't busy enough (joking), here's what I see:

- First, awesome undertaking, updated links, so useful. It's gold.

- It's most useful for new players, but it's a wall. I'd like to reformat or see this reformatted with color, larger text for headlines, and pics / vid links which show the thumbnail, so it's more inviting (I hear attention spans are shrinking? If so, presentation is key) - If I do reformat, I won't change content cuz I'm out-of-date. It's intimidating to look at and consider reformatting :confused:

- The link for the translated f2p addon could be visible in the first post so whoever among the Spanish-speaking community makes it here sees that.

- Gnomeball is awesome, but it's outdated. I assume you gave that the vid link as opposed to the others because it sticks out and gives a good impression, so I actually don't know if I prefer that one way or the other.

- I think the BiS armory references could be dropped completely. Lots of updating, not much benefit I see over inspecting in-game or using the guides.

- I can't see the images in "How to use the site search" - could just be me.

I'm not being as meticulous as usual, so I might've missed some things. For instance, in the "Thanks" section you say "Good luck with F2P" but this has been changed to lvl20 resources, nitpicky things like that could really burnish this gold imo

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread