[Level 1] Class and Race Information

Ok thanks.

Edit : Last question, how important is Sword Specialization at level 1.

Wowwiki says "One point of expertise decreases the chance that melee attacks made by the player will be dodged or parried by 0.25%."

* Trying to keep my gnome *

expertise sure beats your 2% increase of int;). Well I would love some expertise for all 1h lvl 1s. Capped with hit isn't as satisfying when you still see dodges and parries

Yes but by 0.75% ? I know that racial skills are important at level 1 but it looks like a really small improvement to my character !?

Troll haste racial is great for pve and pvp. Despite what iat said, troll hunter is definately viable as a pvp choice. With stacking haste and hit and then agi, you might be low on hp, but if you stay 1step ahead on any melée you will have a solid chance at winning.

You have to stop all the time to do any dmg and then run again to stay out of meele range. Any decent rogue should wreck any hunter. I wouldn't go solo PvP as a hunter, at least not for duelling. For ganking lowbies it works great I guess.

hopefully with cataclysm level 1 twinks get a boost.. level 1 tauren pallies, level 1 gnome priests, level one goblin rogues and level 1 worgen hunters xD really hope this gets more people involved (OT) and with everything changing, wouldn't we have new mobs to raid?

I guess. But there's no reason to speculate around Cataclysme. It should be well over a year til it's released and there's so many patches which might turn the tables around and give everything a twist.

Yes, you do have to stop running to hit, however if you stack enough haste, you can stop for a fraction of a second, attack, then run again. rinse and repeat. Got a level 12 rogue in my main's guild to 4% by doin that with nothing but 312 hp, +20 haste on 2h sword, and the sunstrider bow. Im looking into which is better for hunter dueling:

+5 hit to boots

vs

+ move speed increase.

I read in another topic that Bog said that minor speed increase is 8%. I found that i didnt miss much (6 recorded misses in a minute and a half or so fight). I think that by stacking haste and run speed, you should be able to make a hunter viable for duels. Use 1 agm/1 boa trink or 2 boa trink (the +1 haste one) for anything except rogues. For rogues, id go with 1 agm, 1 pvp trink. When they pop out of stealth and stun u, pop yur pvp trink, pop the agm, switch the pvp trink for the haste trink. It seemed viable with nothing but the 2h haste chant, so i think i can do it with the extra haste, hit and speed.

Any thoughts?

and can we generally agree that rog dw would be LS/15 agi? i want to get my rogue ready for 3.3

i think Will of the forsaken is still a great deal if you consider regular PVP and not just lvl 1 !

nice list !

this and the gear thread should be merged together, it would make a great guide for people who wants info.

And what about Troll for shaman? With their haste racial, im sure they cud surpass 80% total haste increase, maybe more. That means UBER LB and Heal cast times. This goes back to another post i made, is 6 AP/6(?)Sp better than +20% haste? Orc vs Troll for sham, GOGO Discussion Bot!

Boglund said:
Lol, I hope you smile even more when Thirk and some of those who does the math agrees with you on something with math.

Cool Story Bro.

If you really want to top this thread you should make lists of what each stat gives each class and maybe mana costs as well:p?

Spirit and mana costs will be changedi n 3.3 as u know. So you might wanna go on PTR or wait:p. If you ever do this

Could someone just clearify if shadowmeld resets your threat til 0%: Even after exiting the shadows.

Would spam healing til you get agro, then shadowmelding and then spam healing again work over and over as long as shadowmeld is ready? Just trying to figure out if Nelf is the best PvE healer

healers can always just run ooc when their threat approaches red zone ... when they come back in, they'll have zero threat ... kind of the same thing as shadowmeld right?

Users who are viewing this thread